Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
Cactus ID please (pics)
    #6347486 - 12/08/06 09:22 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I went to Tel Aviv today to get the tickets for Amsterdam :tongue:
I spotted these tall cacti in front of a hotel i though maybe one of them is "the one" so i got close and it looked like most of the mature ones were not relevant but on another spot there was something different growing and i thought that might be it, it had a few growing tips (about two meters tall) but they were too big to take and i was pretty sure i'd get in trouble for messing with it BUT then i spotted on the side a bunch of six growing pups the size of cucumbers and thought "no one would miss it if i took just one of the pups plus the other ones would have more room to grow :smirk:" so before i could regret it i broke one off.

just as i did the hotel guards came out and asked what i was doing so i calmly explained that i was going to grow this little cutting and of course they had to ask why i thought it was acceptable to mess with the hotels garden so i told the truth and said i didn't think it was but i couldn't resist the find :tongue:
they kept asking what i was going to do with it so i kept explaining about the cacti and i also mentioned i could have sneaked back and take a whole section for a dose but i'm not that kind of person...
they warned me not to mess with that kind of stuff and that i should be careful so i thanked them and took off...

i'm too excited to wait for morning (sun light) so the pictures are really crappy for the meantime, tomorrow i'll take some better pictures but please tell me what you think for now!

thanks in advance  :sun:
silly me forgot the pics :tongue:

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Edited by Simisu (12/08/06 09:31 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
Re: Cactus ID please (pics) [Re: Simisu]
    #6347502 - 12/08/06 09:27 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I think you fordot to post the pics... :smile:

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Re: Cactus ID please (pics) [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #6347514 - 12/08/06 09:34 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

:blush:

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:

OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

#6347536 - 12/08/06 09:50 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

San Pedro, for sure.

:sun:

--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"

OfflineBrewmaster
Mescalero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Richmond Flag
Re: Cactus ID please (pics) [Re: Schwip]
    #6347542 - 12/08/06 09:54 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Aw, dat's a wittle baby pedwo.

Cute.

--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Re: Cactus ID please (pics) [Re: Schwip]
    #6347554 - 12/08/06 10:00 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

OMG OMG *O*M*G* :grin:
:sun:

finely! i've been searching and wishing for a long time now!
T.pachanoi WHOA :tongue:
i've got some Bridgessii seeds too but it's not the time to germinate them now...

so i'm waiting for it to callous and i'm placing it on some well draining potting soil right? callous side down...

this will be a VERY nice addition to my ethno garden/thread  :naughty:

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
    #6347558 - 12/08/06 10:05 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

pedro, pup

OfflineBrewmaster
Mescalero
Male User Gallery

#6347560 - 12/08/06 10:06 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Most of my cacti have done better when they have a flat cut on the bottom. You can plant it like that (broken off); bury the bottom inch-2inches in sand/soil and roots will eventually grow from the bottom and from the nodes where the spines shoot out. I've just found the whole rooting process to be quicker when they've been cut, calloused and had rooting hormone applied. But that's my experience.

Nice job shrugging off security though. Very stealth lol.

--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Re: Cactus ID please (pics) [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6347567 - 12/08/06 10:09 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

hummm... so you're saying i should make a clean cut on the bottom, let it callous and then plant it upright?

and yeah, a smile goes a long way :grin:

--------------------

OfflineBrewmaster
Mescalero
Male User Gallery

#6347616 - 12/08/06 10:34 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

If it's not going to be in a warm climate, I would keep it the way it is, just bury the bottom and keep it indoors. Come spring, if it hasn't started trying to root, I would cut it and buy some rooting hormone. Cutting in winter is an invitation for mold and infection.

--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
    #6347989 - 12/08/06 12:57 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

i think re-cutting would be unnessisary stress and unnessisary healing peoid of WEEKS for something that is ready to root now

i wouldnt suggest rooting hormone either. just because that would require moisture which you want to avoid until rooted..

yanked pups seem to root happily from the calous. just set it a half inch into sandy dry soil and keep in a warw intensely lt spot. or you can just wait till spring... i wouldn't, I would want it ready for max growing by growing season.

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

#6348498 - 12/08/06 04:35 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

@Mitchnast: that's kinda what i was thinking, i really appreciate the input though :thumbup:
i don't have anywhere ales but my window sill for it (which gets sun all day long) but it's winter so i'm not sure if i should leave it in my room for now until i get it rooted or just put it outside already where it gets sun but it's colder...

what ever roots faster is better of course although i'm in NO hurry. i want to find a good place to plant it when the time comes and it's big enough, make some more cuttings and really establish it before i'd ever consider consuming any of it!

thanks again!

--------------------

Edited by Simisu (12/08/06 04:40 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds