Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebluemoon
journeyman

Loc: VA
Id's in VA w/pics
    #634079 - 05/17/02 07:37 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Need a couple of ID's. Th last pic is an inky cap (I think), but I thought it looked rather cool so I stuck it in.

Is this the Big Laughing Gym, Gynopilis Spectabulus? The pics that I have seen rarely have scales, especially in this number. They were growing off of a fallen tree and have a different smell to them (not a typical shroom smell, and not repulsive either). In NaOH, the flesh turns reddish over time, with reddening appearing within 5 minutes. Here they are...

The next had a very long stipe under the leaves. The end of the stipe (about 1 inch plus) was blue. Now, dried, the "blue" area is stark white!?? Growing in decaying wood, sporeprint cinnamon to lighter brown.

These guys I have found many times, and they look cool! But, they will probably also kill me. Sporeprint inconclusive (orange i think, unless they melted). Also, the yellow areas tinges to a yellow green, which makes me wonder since yellow +blue=green. Anybody know what these are?

Threw this in for kicks. Pretty ain't it?

Thanks ya'll,

Bluemoon

--------------------
Turn Off FOX.  Bad News for America.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Id's in VA w/pics [Re: bluemoon]
    #634295 - 05/17/02 10:12 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Hi bluemoon,

Photo #1 is definately not Gymnopilus spectabilis "Big Laughing Jim".
Big Laughing Jim mushrooms grow in clusters around trees and tree stumps and occasionally on buried wood.
They prefer hardwood.

Keep on shroomin,
GGreatOne

Offlinebluemoon
journeyman

Loc: VA
Re: Id's in VA w/pics [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #635446 - 05/18/02 12:25 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

GGreatOne234, I hate to question you on this one, but I found these pics at Erowid which look very similar. In another pic over there the gills were next to identical as these. Then again, I'm not sure of Erowid's accuracy either soooo, could I get a second look from you and everybody else. And, if they are not gymnopilus, what are they? I can't find much of anything that looks like this anywhere else. Thanks for your help!

Bluemoon

--------------------
Turn Off FOX.  Bad News for America.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies