Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCubeculture
Stranger
Male
Lophophora decipiens legality
    #6324512 - 12/01/06 02:14 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

A certain European based Cactus site is willing to ship me "Lophophora decipiens". Anyone have any idea on the legality?

--------------------
Knock the world right off its feet and straight onto its head.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemoho456
The Past Inside The Present
 User Gallery

Loc: Translinguistic Matter
Re: Lophophora decipiens legality [Re: Cubeculture]
    #6324525 - 12/01/06 02:17 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Arguably a variation of Diffusa, more like that than williamsii(peyote). Should be okay.

--------------------

OfflineBrewmaster
Mescalero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Richmond Flag
Re: Lophophora decipiens legality *DELETED* [Re: moho456]
    #6324535 - 12/01/06 02:22 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by Brewmaster

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by blinkidiot (12/02/06 08:03 PM)

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Lophophora decipiens legality [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6324539 - 12/01/06 02:23 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

only williamsii is scheduled.

OfflineCubeculture
Stranger
Male
Re: Lophophora decipiens legality [Re: CptnGarden]
    #6324749 - 12/01/06 03:28 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the info and the link.

--------------------

OfflineCubeculture
Stranger
Male
    #6324750 - 12/01/06 03:28 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the info and the link.

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
    #6324987 - 12/01/06 04:42 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

illegal in california btw

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Lophophora decipiens legality [Re: Mitchnast]
    #6325249 - 12/01/06 06:23 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

???mitch???

links??

i am aware of only williamsii being illegal in the entire US, and im about to sprout some other loph seeds, any info i should know?

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
    #6325328 - 12/01/06 06:54 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, only that in the state of california, ALL members of the genus lophophora are treated as peyote.

yikes, i thought that was well known around here :P

careful there friend. :smile:

"
California #
California law states that "every person who plants, cultivates, harvests, dries, or processes any plant of the genus Lophophora, also known as peyote, or any part thereof shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a period of not more than one year or the state prison." (Health & Safety Code:Ch.6,Art.3,Sec.11363) This is notable because the wording includes the entire Lophophora genus, not just Lophophora williamsii."

-erowid

Edited by Mitchnast (12/01/06 07:02 PM)

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
    #6325346 - 12/01/06 07:02 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

hey, is this only for you? cuz im looking for a cactus that looks exactly like peyote, i could care less about alkaloidical content, i just like the look of peyote lol.

ive been lookin for diffusa myself and have only come up with seeds shipping here to the US. id like to get a live plant.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

OfflineCubeculture
Stranger
Male
Re: Lophophora decipiens legality [Re: highdroponics]
    #6325777 - 12/01/06 09:43 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Sponsor or not, don't spam a source!

L. decipiens, L. diffusa, L. fricii, L. jourdaniana. They're a shroomery sponsor ;-)

--------------------

Edited by blinkidiot (12/02/06 08:03 PM)

InvisibleBlueDruid
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6327609 - 12/02/06 03:04 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

While it may not be scheduled in the U.S.A. (which I don´t believe) I wouldn´t rely on that fact to prevent the cops siezing it & holding it long enough for it to die (if they don´t just kill it).
I had thought that all lophophora are banned throughout the U.S.A.

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

#6327681 - 12/02/06 03:35 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

yes but they dont ship to the US.

i need some place that will ship here to the US.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Edited by highdroponics (12/02/06 03:36 PM)

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#6328406 - 12/02/06 08:14 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

People sometimes act like they fail to realize that this is a public forum. Not only that, it's a ridiculously popular one. Hell, the garden doesn't even require membership to view (last I checked).

You have sources? Great. You want them to continue to be sources? Then wise up about the way in which you distribute them. It isn't a matter of, "It's not like the government doesn't already know about place x or site y." It's a simple matter of using common sense to avoid a situation where one or two sources becomes the main one publicly discussed for a specific product. For instance, dry cactus matter or root bark. When there is a primary source that is recommended, it's like providing a cross-hair that isn't necessary. In some situations people get unwanted attention. A few examples come to mind...

I'm not advocating source hording. But I also don't advocate source spamming, as blink put it. If someone wants to find a particular product sold on the net, they *will* be able to find it if they try.

And, of course, whether you agree or disagree with the reasons that I feel, there's the obvious fact that it's breaking the rules of the site. Lophophora williamsii seeds are illegal in the US. The same rules which apply for pot seeds or research chemicals apply for these. Even bulk poppy seed sources get removed.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Re: Lophophora decipiens legality [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #6328499 - 12/02/06 08:53 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

im not trying to buy this plant for use, i want it for my garden because i like the look of peyote, with all seriousness. all im looking for is the look here, i could care less about alkaloaidacal content or anything of that sort, i just want a kick ass looking garden. if i wanna use mescaline ill stick to other cacti. i would never touch williamsii because of its rareness.

im not particularly looking for williamsii, it can be any type of cactus that looks exactly or almost like williamsii. if anyone can direct me to a company that sells something that i might be looking for that sends to the US it would be very much appriciated.diffusa is the one i like most, for its similarities to williamsii, but it doesnt matter which type as long as it looks almost exactly like it.

i have been searching for ages trying to find something similar to the looks of williamsii, anything, it doesnt matter what genus as long as it grows and looks just like williamsii. ONLY SOMETHING LEGAL WILL I PURCHASE, so keep that in mind.

MAKE SURE TO READ THIS CAREFULLY BEFORE REPLYING

--------------------

Edited by highdroponics (12/02/06 08:58 PM)

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
    #6328603 - 12/02/06 09:50 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Some Astrophytum (especially asterias) come pretty close....

http://www.cactus-art.biz/schede/ASTROPHYTUM/photo_gallery_astrophytum.htm

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Re: Lophophora decipiens legality [Re: VirgilKane]
    #6328669 - 12/02/06 10:14 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

wow, i really like these, if someone has a link message me privately so i can find something like this.

--------------------

Edited by highdroponics (12/02/06 10:15 PM)

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

#6328685 - 12/02/06 10:20 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

nevermind BBB seems to have them, can anyone confirm if the cacti they have look exactly what they have in the picture and possibly the size i should expect?

also i have 2 cacti right now which resemble williamsii but have spines that lay on top of the skin.(hardly noticable) this cactus is also much larger than williamsii and is more of a green color...id like to determine what it is exactly. is there a link i could use to determine all species of cacti? i know it will take long to sort out what is and what isnt what i have but im willing to take the time.

--------------------

Edited by highdroponics (12/02/06 10:26 PM)

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

#6328726 - 12/02/06 10:30 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

ok nevermind it seems this site has everything i need.

--------------------

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#6328729 - 12/02/06 10:31 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

You perhaps have gymnocalycium right now?

BBB orders can vary, but they do have a policy with cacti that if you're not satisfied you can return them.

highdroponics, my post really wasn't meant for you. I have no beef with growing williamsii! :smile: I have no beef with importing the seeds either, just about the way sources are treated on the forum. Hell, I wouldn't care if you were growing a patch of peyote for your own personal consumption. If that's what you wanted them for, you damn well would be putting enough effort/heart break into your grow that you deserve your decision.

Legality is a good reason to be careful. But don't avoid williamsii for the reason of rarity! Seeds purchased from europe, for example, are *not* being stolen from the wild. It is legal to grow there, and people sell large amounts of seeds. You'd be doing the species a service, and certainly not harm, by honoring it with your care.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds