Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDrEllisDTripper
D.A.R.E to keepkids off drugs

Loc: Darfur, Sudan
Cop or not a cop? Who knows?
    #6319383 - 11/29/06 07:34 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Any tips on spotting undercovers? Any trends in speech, actions, dress, etc.? And for that matter, how can you prove to someone else you're not a cop, short of shooting someone? It's risky business.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
Re: Cop or not a cop? Who knows? [Re: DrEllisDTripper]
    #6319461 - 11/29/06 08:18 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

you do realize that there's no good answer to that question, don't you?

Short of actually doing a drug right in front of you, there's nothing a normal person would do that a cop can't... and even that isn't set in stone.

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

#6319489 - 11/29/06 08:33 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

while a casual undercover will have some standards on how far they can go....
it all depends.
they can and will do anything to gain your trust....and keep themselves from being in harms way or blowing a case

undercovers that are just sort of phishing in clubs will most likely not run to the bathroom with that bag of blow you just sold em and sniff a nice rail.

but an undercover deeply involved in a case sitting in your living room or something is a person trying to front a certain image....
this person will most likey sit and blow that rail you offer him or sniff a sample from that big ass bag you just sold him just to keep up the appearance.

--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"

InvisibleDarkcloud
‮tiwkcuFtsilihiN
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Cop or not a cop? Who knows? [Re: Schwip]
    #6319501 - 11/29/06 08:38 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Schwip said:
while a casual undercover will have some standards on how far they can go....
it all depends.
they can and will do anything to gain your trust....

Including posting on drug message boards asking for tips on how to spot them...:shiftyeyes: :paranoid:.

But really, I think you would have to take some drugs. That would be hard to get around, ya know?

--------------------
:poison: :poison: :poison:

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Cop or not a cop? Who knows? [Re: Darkcloud]
    #6319508 - 11/29/06 08:39 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

It astounds me the number of people who assume a cop cannot do drugs during the course of an investigation.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleDarkcloud
‮tiwkcuFtsilihiN
Male User Gallery

Re: Cop or not a cop? Who knows? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6319512 - 11/29/06 08:40 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Oh really? So, they can't be prosecuted?

--------------------

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cop or not a cop? Who knows? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6319516 - 11/29/06 08:41 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
It astounds me the number of people who assume a cop cannot do drugs during the course of an investigation.

Depends on the severity of the investigation.

I seriously doubt that your usual narc who's just browsing a crowd looking for a mark is going to take things to that extent, like schwip said... but someone who is specifically targeting a person or a few people I could imagine being quite willing to keep up the farce by means of drug use.

--------------------

OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

#6319518 - 11/29/06 08:42 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

who the hells gonna prosecute em?

the DA?

fuck no!

--------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

InvisibleDarkcloud
‮tiwkcuFtsilihiN
Male User Gallery

#6319521 - 11/29/06 08:43 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

What about a lawsuit?

--------------------

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: Cop or not a cop? Who knows? [Re: Konnrade]
    #6319525 - 11/29/06 08:45 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

agreed.

and when you realize that something smells fishy, it will probably already be too late.

:earth: :yinyang: :shineon:

--------------------

Offlinecookeman
Live and let live
Male User Gallery

#6319534 - 11/29/06 08:46 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I always fealt like an easy way to spot someone that's not a cop is someone with facial piercings or tattoo's. I know they have a certain dress code to keep up and I think getting their eye brow or lips or tongues pierced may be going a little far just to bust someone for drugs.

--------------------
“Let’s put it this way – to lump psychedelic mushrooms into the same group as methamphetamine is like lumping the Bible into the same group as Mein Kampf.
I mean shit; they’re both books, right?”

Joe Rogan

R.I.P. - "Bones" - One of the greatest people I've ever had the pleasure of getting to know and become friends with.

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cop or not a cop? Who knows? [Re: cookeman]
    #6319549 - 11/29/06 08:50 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

If a cop is a career undercover agent, then you can't expect them to have to fit a certain dress code.

Their whole job is looking like someone who isn't a cop... and there are plenty of intelligent people in charge of undercover operations. You can't expect them to have any easily identifiable way to single them out.

--------------------

OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

Re: Cop or not a cop? Who knows? [Re: Konnrade]
    #6319560 - 11/29/06 08:53 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

exactly!

and if not an undercover it is not uncommon at all for the police to hire street informants with no affiliation to law.
these poor souls either get blackmailed into the line of work or do it by choice.

its a dog eat fucking dog world in this game. both sides know lots of tricks. but the law side can do the shit, well, legally.

aint that a bitch.

--------------------

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
    #6319580 - 11/29/06 09:00 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

"I've got the toughest mob in the world – I'm the law!”

:evil:

(quote from the motion picture "Running Scared")

:earth: :yinyang: :shineon:

--------------------

OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

#6319585 - 11/29/06 09:01 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

how a lawsuit?

and whos going to file suit?  you from jail? your family? what will the charges be?

im sueing Mr. B. Undercoverassfuck for using drugs!

thats unheard of and would be impossible to pull off as far as i can tell.....but im no laywer so who knows.

you or whomever would need some serious cash though. and think of the  people who get busted with these undercover tactics whom have the cash to file suit.....
the mafia, the big druglords, other organized crime type people. and yet never been done. :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleDarkcloud
‮tiwkcuFtsilihiN
Male User Gallery

#6319599 - 11/29/06 09:06 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

There are all kind of technicalities to entrapment cases. I'm willing to bet that there is a loop hole of some sorts, but it would take a serious defense team to exploit it.

--------------------

InvisibleDarkcloud
‮tiwkcuFtsilihiN
Male User Gallery

#6319617 - 11/29/06 09:10 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Wikipedia has a good article on entrapment. Here's one of the highlights:

"John De Lorean was arrested in 1982 for selling cocaine to undercover police; in court, De Lorean argued that the police had asked him to sell them the cocaine (and threatened him as a form of coercion). He was found not guilty. De Lorean's attorney stated in Time (March 19, 1984), "This [was] a fictitious crime. Without the government, there would be no crime." The defense of entrapment was unsuccessful in the Abscam operation in which several members of the United States Congress were convicted of accepting bribes."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrapment

--------------------

OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

#6319629 - 11/29/06 09:13 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

im sure it happens.

im also sure your average to even above average dealer will not have the resources to win a suit of that nature.

with all the nasty forfeiture laws and shit they got in play now a days plus that whole terrorist spin that can be played on federal charges makes for one tough fucking game :frown:

--------------------

OfflineI2ancid
josh hartnett,movie star actor
 User Gallery

Loc: psycholand
    #6319673 - 11/29/06 09:26 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

There is a way to tell if someones a cop in the drug world; drug users have an un-spoken language. This language never directly verbally sets one up, or confronts one or harrasses one. If you do drugs, and are intelligent, there is a strong underlying trust any dealer can easy detect and begin business with you- its called character.

Anyone over-verbal about their wants, needs, or complaints about quality of what they got, wants a refund, etc., is a cop or a narc. The drug world is an independant world with everyone for themselves, and in their own world.

When one pries into that world, its an energy anyone can feel. True drug lovers and non-narcs are aware of the drug code-of-ethics. Narcs are not, because to be aware takes understanding the drug, as well as the mentality one has under the influence. This is possible to learn through simple short-term abuse.

Drug abusers are very close to each other, and through this mysterious way they communicate, they can pick out a narc simply by listening. Its like a mexican talking english perfectly, even though he claims to of grown up in mexico.

The way people fuck up is through greed; greed shadows your natural intuition, and in the drug world it's easy to get greedy.

--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.

The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

Edited by I2ancid (11/29/06 10:37 PM)

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
Re: Cop or not a cop? Who knows? [Re: I2ancid]
    #6319697 - 11/29/06 09:31 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

you're a towel

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order