Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMagicMaker
The Lizard King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Terrapin
help, is this mold extremely harmful?
    #6309518 - 11/28/06 11:54 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I recently had for pins of a batch of a thai strain of p. cubensis, two of which i cased two of which i had to wait to case and in doing to they were contam with this black mold?  I induced pinning and it seems the mold only stayed on the outside of the mushroom and i broke a few open and it was the same thing, does anyone know what this could be? thanks

here are the pics i have circled the mold, the mold or whatever it was was easily brushed off on some part if i used a playing card i could scrape it it was weird to find it on the tops of the caps and on the sides of the stems. could this be rot? because hte humidity was very high just a thought? :mushroom2:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/06-48/478250673-SMLL.jpg

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineQuake3
Total Carbohydrate
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Relatively New York
Re: help, is this mold extremely harmful? [Re: MagicMaker]
    #6309534 - 11/29/06 12:03 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Relax bro. Those are just spores from some of your mature mushrooms. Well, that's clear in the second pic, but I can't really make out the first one. Wait for another one's opinion.

Oh, and I see your little friends are also set for the holidays :grin:

Edited by Quake3 (11/29/06 12:04 AM)

Offlinecookeman
Live and let live
Male User Gallery

#6309538 - 11/29/06 12:04 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

The caps you have circled just have spores on them, or they just naturally turned that color with maturity. I can't really tell with the little black spots you circled in the first pic, but my guess is they're dropped spores too. Is that a first flush?

--------------------
“Let’s put it this way – to lump psychedelic mushrooms into the same group as methamphetamine is like lumping the Bible into the same group as Mein Kampf.
I mean shit; they’re both books, right?”

Joe Rogan

R.I.P. - "Bones" - One of the greatest people I've ever had the pleasure of getting to know and become friends with.

OfflineMagicMaker
The Lizard King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: help, is this mold extremely harmful? [Re: cookeman]
    #6333742 - 12/04/06 05:56 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

to all of you who thought those were spores i fear for your health, because it was clearly mold which did grow and develop, you were right however in saying that they were spores because i believe they may have been mold spores but, it is impossible for spores from mushrooms to get top of the caps since it was a first flush, anyway just throwing that info out there incase it helps someone else. i ended up eating the shrooms with my friends and they did have a little mold but we are still here with no problems...

OfflineVampireSlayer
killing ghosts,zombies andvampires forlife
Male User Gallery

#6333775 - 12/04/06 06:09 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I don't see anything in the first picture. In the second picture those are definately spores and not mold.

--------------------
I Don't come to fight flesh and blood but spiritual wickedness in high and low places

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #6333791 - 12/04/06 06:18 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MagicMaker said:
it is impossible for spores from mushrooms to get top of the caps since it was a first flush

Incorrect. Mushroom spores from many species are released from the gills, then swirl around and come to rest on the top of the cap.

In your first picture, that could possibly be mold that was killed off by the pasteurization, but the black on the caps and stems is undoubtedly mushroom spores.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineNewport101
moorglade
Male User Gallery
Loc: Eastern US
Re: help, is this mold extremely harmful? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6333829 - 12/04/06 06:29 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

yea bro, dont fear for my health, just mushrooms spores

--------------------
save an utter drink a beer

OfflineMagicMaker
The Lizard King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: help, is this mold extremely harmful? [Re: Newport101]
    #6335986 - 12/05/06 10:43 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

well i apologize for the last post then. but there absolutely was mold on the mycelium and a tiny bit in some of the shrooms, this was im 99% sure because of high humidity because i didnt have my ultra sonic i have now, i had a spray bottle to try and keep them moist which was obviously a hard way to learn the lesson of dont be cheap and not by a humidifier because i lost half my crop pretty much,

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale