Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Shroomery Book Club Information. Please read. * 1
    #630123 - 05/14/02 08:09 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Hi.

I'd first like to thank Thor for granting us this forum. I think the book club will be good for the community and might even raise a little money for the Shroomery.

I first got the idea for this when reading a thread in OTD that Thor started about the new Shroomery bookstore. It seems that he has arranged a deal with Amazon that will make some money for the site. If you buy a book through the Shroomery Bookstore, 5-15 percent of the retail price will go to the Shroomery.

Click here for more information:

http://shroomery.org/books.php

People are free to post anything they want here, so long as it is related to books. Anything off topic will be moved to the appropriate forum, but that's nothing new.

There are however a couple of ideas that I would like to concentrate on in this forum. The first is a community discussion of a selected book. I will start another thread, in which volunteers will post that they are interested in recomending a book for us to read together. A volunteer will be chosen at random and will make three suggestions. We will then have a poll and vote for the book that we think would be the best for reading and discussion.

We will then discuss the themes, plot, characters, and so on about the book, here and in the #bookclub chatroom that is available on this server.

If you are interested in real-time discussion but don't know how to use mIRC, PM me and I'll help you set up.
Once we know what the book is, Thor will set up a link through the Shroomery Book Store. You are not obligated to use the link to obtain a copy, but as already stated, it would raise some money for the site.

After everyone who is interested has been given a long enough period of time to obtain a copy, we will schedule chatroom discussions.

The other major purpose of this forum is to arrange a book swap. This was superpimp's idea, so I'll let him handle it.

Feel free to post any questions or opinions here.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePGF
square

Loc: Malaysia
Re: Shroomery Book Club Information. Please read. [Re: Senor_Doobie] * 1
    #630129 - 05/14/02 08:06 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

So everyone can not just make suggestions?

I guess you can delete my suggestion posts I've made then.

--------------------
***The Real Shroomery nigger

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: Shroomery Book Club Information. Please read. [Re: PGF] * 1
    #630135 - 05/14/02 08:09 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Yu are free to post anything book-related here. I am just interested in making a fair decision as to what book we should read as a group.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #630138 - 05/14/02 08:09 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

i suggest the first book should be mushroom related, or at least have some aspect of mushrooms in the story (ie smurfs ) oh, and it should be a cheap paperback - 'cause i'm a poor motherfucker right now

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: Shroomery Book Club Information. Please read. [Re: geokills] * 1
    #630150 - 05/14/02 08:16 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I just want to add that everything is up for discussion here. If we can come up with a better way to select the first book, I'm all for that. In fact, I'll wait til tomorrow before taking any steps in case someone has a good idea.

Or maybe, we'll all miraculously agree on one of PGF's suggestions :P

--------------------

OfflineWildCardsRevenge
Grade Eh Meat
 User Gallery

#630350 - 05/14/02 10:30 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

This forum is a great idea and i'm glad there is finally a post some actually conversation and not just make silly posts about off topic things
Look forward to actually doing this!
peace

--------------------
--------------------------

InvisiblePGF
square

Loc: Malaysia
Re: Shroomery Book Club Information. Please read. [Re: WildCardsRevenge] * 1
    #631011 - 05/14/02 09:22 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

This forum is a great idea and i'm glad there is finally a post some actually conversation and not just make silly posts about off topic things
Look forward to actually doing this!
peace

Are you insinuating that in this forum's short life there has been no posts of substance, but just off topic and silly posts besides this one post??

Please tell me this is not what you meant. Cause all the posts in this forum have been on topic and geared toward literature and discussing literature.

--------------------
***The Real Shroomery nigger

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

#631041 - 05/14/02 10:07 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

nice forum!

Invisiblebigidiot
Stranger

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Senor_Doobie] * 1
    #636308 - 05/19/02 09:06 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: Shroomery Book Club Information. Please read. [Re: Anonymous] * 1
    #636430 - 05/19/02 11:12 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

exactly when does the voting end?

Wednesday

what happens in case of a tie?

I hope that doesn't happen.

are PGF and others allowed to vote by their sock-puppets?

No sock puppets. That's one of the reasons I didn't do it in a poll style.

if someone votes but doesn't participate in discussion is their vote counted next time?

No. If someone votes and their book loses there will be no penalty. If someone votes and wins, there will be no penalty unless we think someone is deliberately doing it to fuck with shit. I don't see this as an issue right now. We'll cross that bridge if/when we come to it.

shouldn't this thread be locked at the top?

No.

after a vote has ended should additional book suggestion posts be deleted?

No. I see no reason for this.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder