Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewildone414
Stranger
Problem with paranoia
    #6290439 - 11/16/06 03:58 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I'll soon be going back to my home town for thanksgiving next week. I am a college student and I'll be seeing my best friend when I get back into town and I really want to blaze with him.
He hasn't smoked since probably June due to immense paranoia. Anyway, he knows that marijuana is commonly known to make users paranoid. However, recently, his paranoia has been so out of control that he doesn't even enjoy smoking. After a few tokes he finds himself constantly looking around and nervous at every little movement. Even the smallest sounds make thoughts of police going through his head. While sober he knows that the area he smokes in doesn't reek of marijuana, but when high he can't help but think someone will go and know he smoked. He'd like some tips as to how to curb this paranoia.

Some background information: Around 3 years ago he had a slight run-in with the cops when he was toking in his car with a friend. It turned out alright and it was nothing serious but it still came as a big shock to him and his family, but things have basically calmed down since, except the paranoia has just gotten worse.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAJ4U
Cloud N9ne
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
Re: Problem with paranoia [Re: wildone414]
    #6290483 - 11/16/06 04:16 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I'd suggest a little meditating while toking up, maybe alone at first before with friends. But a few minutes of breathing through the nose then out of the mouth could help alot, and to keep your mind clear count the breaths. IE: In-Out 1, In-Out 2, In-out 3, etc etc...Sometimes just a little reassuring goes along way

--------------------

OfflineLimerick
a moment ofclarity
Male

Loc: the bark and below it
    #6290518 - 11/16/06 04:29 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

paranoia is possibly anxiety. my anxiety REALLY shows when i'm stoned, or it just seems like that's my perception of it all. this usually causes me to be nervous (uh yeah) and my own personal problems can really rise to the surface. I personally think herb is not good for everyone. though possibly there is meditation in anything, maybe he'll like it once it gets over with his own personal problems. a really stressed out week can lead me to have bad highs, but a week where everything seems good, i love it. why some people don't like weed and paranoia itself are hard subjects to talk about, because its hard to explain. sometimes i'll be wondering what I am paranoid about. I have to think about it for awhile, just shows how unimportant it all really is. you have to learn from experience to lay back and enjoy and to not worry about things. how a person overcomes this all I don't know. I'm high as shit now and i'm really enjoying it, but the next day it could spin me out with all the shit above.

/confusion
/rant
/stoned.

Offlinecoctyle
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Problem with paranoia [Re: Limerick]
    #6290935 - 11/16/06 06:27 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I would strongly suggest that your friend try a vaporizer. My anxiety would also come out more when smoking (sometimes), but vaporizing never causes that problem for me. I think it is because you get a higher ratio of THC to the other cannabinoids. In my opinion, the other cannabinoids are more responsible for paranoia.

Also, a vaporizer produces much less smell, or none at all. Just be careful because your local head shop might not have good vaporizers. One of the cheapest ones I have heard of that people like is called the Vapolution. I have never tried VApolution, but some people swear by them.

The Volcano is the best, but pricey.

OfflineLimerick
a moment ofclarity
Male

Re: Problem with paranoia [Re: coctyle]
    #6290983 - 11/16/06 06:37 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

coctyle said:
I would strongly suggest that your friend try a vaporizer. My anxiety would also come out more when smoking (sometimes), but vaporizing never causes that problem for me. I think it is because you get a higher ratio of THC to the other cannabinoids. In my opinion, the other cannabinoids are more responsible for paranoia.

Also, a vaporizer produces much less smell, or none at all. Just be careful because your local head shop might not have good vaporizers. One of the cheapest ones I have heard of that people like is called the Vapolution. I have never tried VApolution, but some people swear by them.

The Volcano is the best, but pricey.

I agree with this. vaporizer is best.

OfflineLimerick
a moment ofclarity
Male

#6293035 - 11/17/06 06:46 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

well the meth and coke can't be helping your paranoia, man.

OfflinePincushion
And I stillhaven't foundwhat I'm lookingfor....

Loc: Oregon
Re: Problem with paranoia [Re: Limerick]
    #6293285 - 11/17/06 08:59 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Take him somewhere you wont run into people (like the forest) and dont get him power baked. Being in an hectic, urban envirnment lends itself to paranoia much more than an natural environment. I'm chill as can be out in the woods regardless if there's people around.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals