Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekriya
Stranger
 User Gallery

Is this normal, or a problem? (Two n00b questions w/ pics)
    #6288828 - 11/16/06 08:43 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Hey everyone!  Well, another day, another question...  (apologies for the n00b paranoia)

There is a mass of white matter at the base of *some* of the stipes (right where the mushroom meets the cake); is this OK?

This is the cake with the highest occurrence:

(flash)

(no flash)

Also, as you can see from the pics below, I currently have four cakes in the terrarium.  They have all been in there for 10 days, but only one has not shown any pinning.  As I recall there was a good deal of moisture on the cake at the birthing stage, along with what *appeared to be* a few mature caps directly on the cake, which have now been covered over.

Is this one viable, or should I consider it DOA?

All four:

Cake in question (side):

Cake in question (top):

Thanks in advance!
:smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Is this normal, or a problem? (Two n00b questions w/ pics) [Re: kriya]
    #6288841 - 11/16/06 08:50 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, its totally normal that mycelium forms that white "fuzz" around the base of your stems.

As for the other cake, I don't see anything that would indicate there's anything wrong, just leave it be a little longer.

Offlinekriya
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Is this normal, or a problem? (Two n00b questions w/ pics) [Re: creamcorn]
    #6288854 - 11/16/06 08:56 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

creamcorn said: Yes, its totally normal that mycelium forms that white "fuzz" around the base of your stems.

*phew!*

Quote:

creamcorn said: As for the other cake, I don't see anything that would indicate there's anything wrong, just leave it be a little longer.

Great; thank you! How long should I wait, though? Another week, or so? What's the longest it should take for a cake to start pinning?

Thanks again!

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Is this normal, or a problem? (Two n00b questions w/ pics) [Re: kriya]
    #6289301 - 11/16/06 11:07 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

kriya said:
Great; thank you!  How long should I wait, though? Another week, or so?  What's the longest it should take for a cake to start pinning?

Thanks again!

I'd say just hang on to it until you either need the space, or it contams.  As long as its live and kicking it won't contam, so if you see first sights of a contam chuck it, you know its done for.  14 days total from birth would be the long end of the range of time it takes for cakes to pin, but its not unheard of for it taking even longer either.  So yeah, keep it until it causes you a problem. :smile:

Offlinekriya
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Is this normal, or a problem? (Two n00b questions w/ pics) [Re: creamcorn]
    #6289500 - 11/16/06 11:51 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks, creamcorn!

:smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies