Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshrogg
journeyman
Growing mycelium inside a syring?advice?
    #628391 - 05/12/02 08:29 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

what is the easiest way to grow some spores for later use as spawn.What way has the smallest risk of contams?the growing of the myelium in the syringe sounds good any one treid it?what is best to use when doing someting like this?(growing out spores)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: Growing mycelium inside a syring?advice? [Re: shrogg]
    #628856 - 05/13/02 08:05 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I usualy grow one or two PF style cakes when these have been fully grown I birth them using the oven tek. Next I cut a small piece of mycelium using a scapel and fork, which I sterilise with vodka and flame. Then I add the mycelium to a glass jar of dextrose and water which I had pressure cookered.

I transfer the mycelium quickly in to the jar and I give it a good shake till the mycelium breaks up. Then I suck up the mycelium water with a sterile syringe remembering to flame the needle. This then can be stored in a cool place until needed. I have found that the cakes can usualy fully colinise within 2 weeks. Also I think the dextrose is a good food source for the mycelium so it should grow in the syringe. The only thing to remember is to be super clean. This means bleech down your working area and sterilise all equipment with some type of alchol. As for contams I have had none for a long time.

Good Luck I hope this helps

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder