Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemrsage
new hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Closer
Noobs skip PF Tek? Dont!
    #6277238 - 11/12/06 10:28 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I read a lot of posts recently advising new cultivators to skip over the PF tek completely. While it is possible to start immediately with grains, it isn't entirely necessary and can add several more stages for failure.

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents out, cakes are great to start off with, you really learn the dos and donts of the process. And the results can be rather nice.

2 PF cakes, crumbled and cased (along with a few experiments in the back.) Not a bad yield. All I really wanted to say was, if you're new, dont feel pressured into trying a more advanced technique. PF works, is easy as shit, and will give you a grow under your belt before your move on to grains/spawn.

Happy growing people.

--------------------

Yea maybe sometimes I do feel like shit
I aint happy about it, but I'd rather feel like shit
...than be full of shit! - Suicidal Tendencies

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTryptamineSeeker
Seeking thatPsilo
 User Gallery

Re: Noobs skip PF Tek? Dont! [Re: mrsage]
    #6277458 - 11/12/06 11:20 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not so sure about that. I am in the process of my first grow using Doc's WBS tek and it is going awesome. I will likely be harvesting my first flush ever from my casings in the next few days. With a little bit of reading to get knowledge I think grains are the way to go. Really, all anyone has to do is follow the instructions of any tek they decide and good results are right around the corner!!

Offlinezathan
Buttstuff
 User Gallery
Loc: So long stinktown
Re: Noobs skip PF Tek? Dont! [Re: TryptamineSeeker]
    #6277487 - 11/12/06 11:27 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I tried PF tek first, failed.

I tried WBS to manure right after and...

OfflineCantiSama

#6277517 - 11/12/06 11:38 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i disagree. i did cakes a few too many times because grains were intimidating but now that i use them exclusively i regret even doing cakes. the only upside is they don't need to be pressure cooked.

most people have problems because they don't follow directions and have little/no attention to detail so they cannot grasp the basic concepts of cultivation.

--------------------
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.

OfflineBataviaVakereli
Stranger
Re: Noobs skip PF Tek? Dont! [Re: CantiSama]
    #6277572 - 11/12/06 11:53 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I think PF tek is outdated. It produces smaller and less potent fruits. It requires messy mixing and colonizes slowly. The only benefit of it is you don't need a PC. But, if I remember correctly, I read a few months back agar came up with a grain mixture that didn't require a PC.

Rye, in my opinion is where it's at. I mix equal parts rye with equal parts water in the jar, PC for an hour, and I'm set.

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#6277653 - 11/13/06 12:11 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Bulk is not that hard. Both methods have their details, and items that need to be rounded up.

Bulk consists of several stages that are generally documented seperately, so in that respect you have to be willing to do more homework, but it can be a facinating endevour. It's really just a matter of preference.

rahz

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Offlineheadieherbs
originalgangster (oflove)
 User Gallery

Loc: around the bend
Re: Noobs skip PF Tek? Dont! [Re: BataviaVakereli]
    #6277656 - 11/13/06 12:11 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

shit what didn't agar come up with?!?!?!?!

I am on my first PF grow and will be moving on shortly...

However, I must agree that PF is very simple and gives beginners an excellent example of the mycellial (?spelling... is that a real word even??) growth parameters.... granted we all have plenty of time and are not deathbed patients, the PF Tek is an excellent place to start IMHO.....

I will say this though in advocacy tho.... I was definitely not happy with my yield!

Thanks everyone @ the shroomery (RR in partic!)

--------------------
please don't take away my highway shoes..

Write In Your Vote.com - US Politics. For the People, by the People.

Everything posted by the user(s) Headieherbs is either an outright lie or a work of complete fiction

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #6277690 - 11/13/06 12:21 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I think the PF Tek gets a bad rap from a few of the cultivators here. It is recommended to noobs because it requires no PC and if followed diligently is practically impossible to fuck up. Were it not for the PF tek many of us, myself included, would not be in this hobby. I was satisfied with my yields too, at least until I bought a PC and started using rye and horse shit.

Like ^^^ said, where to start is a matter of choice.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate