Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Do your parents know about what you do?
    #6274010 - 11/12/06 12:31 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

My parents both know what i do. in fact, i am open to everyone about my mushroom usage, and marijuana usage. My mom wanted to see how I grew mushrooms and was quite fascinated. My dad however "dissaproves" but I own my own house and havent "lived" off of him in about 8 years.

I openly talk about my trips, even around my boss and co-workers... even if they dissaprove. I dont feel ashamed, guilty, or a criminal for taking mushrooms or smoking weed.

I think, the more open we are about our usage of mushrooms, the more chances we have to educate people on them, or atleast show them how safe they are.

Its funny, my mom is visiting this weekend and she was tidying up my house, and I woke up this morning to her saying "just so you know, I put your shrooms (yeah she said shrooms) in this drawer where your marijuana is"...... how cool is that?

so... even if you are 40+ please tell us how your parents did, or how they would react to you being completely honest with them about the substances you use.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDarkcloud
‮tiwkcuFtsilihiN
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Do your parents know about what you do? [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6274023 - 11/12/06 12:40 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

It's pretty cool that you can talk with your mother like that.

Unfortunately, I can't. There is a high chance that even though I do not live anywhere near my mother, and I'm an adult...she would try to get the police involved if she knew.

I could possibly tell my dad. He has taken LSD, marijuana, coke, and no telling what else back in the day. But then again, probably not. He was working for the DEA at one point.

--------------------
:poison: :poison: :poison:

Invisiblebelligerent
Degenerate stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hicksville, CA
    #6274037 - 11/12/06 12:49 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

My mom knows all the drugs I do/have done.  I only told my dad that I smoked weed, not about any of the harder drugs I've done just because I didn't feel like explaining that I only did coke once in awhile. 

Before he died a couple of years ago, I even got to the point where I could take bong rips on the patio while he was out there BBQing.  He never did any drugs himself, but didn't give me shit about it.

I'm 32, so that changes a lot of things.  Now it's kind of crazy, though - my older half-sis (stoner) is living with my mom to help take care of her. 

When I visit, I always end up borrowing cash from my mom to hook up my bud when I'm too lazy to go to the ATM.  I mean, I always pay her back the next day, but it's so damn nice to just be able to hand my sis the money and not even leave the house.

Getting old is so weird sometimes.  :cool:

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
    #6274040 - 11/12/06 12:50 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I'm pretty open with my folks about everything.
Not  quite everything though.  They don't need to know about all the combinations and excesses i've tried.
There's still grey areas.  Like driving.
It took my mom a long time to accept the idea of me driving my car when i'm stoned.

Funny thing is...it's my parents who feel more uncomfortable talking about that shit.  My mom gets this sheepish look on her face and says things like "how much pot were you taking"?  She knows how clueless she is about the "culture" and I think she's a little self-conscious about that.  :lol:  :smirk:

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

OfflineGr8fulJ420
strange but nota stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 0 moco
Re: Do your parents know about what you do? [Re: Great Scott]
    #6274047 - 11/12/06 12:56 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

My folks know a little bit and comletely disapprove of all. Nothing would make them happier than me cutting my hair and getting a "real" job. I have a degree, I am happily married and fully employed, and have been on my own since college.

OfflineJonnyDeformed

Male User Gallery

Loc: Directlyundertheearthssun...
Re: Do your parents know about what you do? [Re: Great Scott]
    #6274049 - 11/12/06 12:56 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

oh yes. I wish they didn't. Loose lips are the brother of all fuck ups around here.

--------------------

dubiousness
Dubious compound

it is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
A penalty for possession of a drug/plant should not be more damaging than the drug/plant itself.

OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

#6274080 - 11/12/06 01:14 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Both my parents knew (mom passed away a few years back) about my drug usage. My dad helped me grow mushrooms and gave me tips on how to grow pot. He didn't use either, but he likes projects.

--------------------
You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.
-- Booker T. Washington

OfflineHyper_Panda_GO
Team Action!

#6274102 - 11/12/06 01:30 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Yes they know

But they don't 'know'

Pretty sure if they did, they wouldn't care

--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Offlineskydog
Coffee & Blunts
Male User Gallery

Re: Do your parents know about what you do? [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #6274110 - 11/12/06 01:37 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I smoked some bud out of an apple with my parents a few weeks ago. =p

--------------------
:yesnod::thumbup:

Offlineforevadazin
It's so easy toslip
Re: Do your parents know about what you do? [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #6274111 - 11/12/06 01:37 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

My parents both know. I haven't lived with them for like 6+ years but when I lived with them they were sketched out about it.
My mom's pretty cool with it, but my Dad disapproves of it majorally.
I don't really see a reason to hide it from anyone either.
I've told them some stories, alot from being on tour and they just don't seem to understand why.

OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Radioactive state
Re: Do your parents know about what you do? [Re: forevadazin]
    #6274128 - 11/12/06 01:50 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

hell no my parents dont know! I'm 22 and I keep my mouth shut,hispanic parents arent so understanding about drugs and all.

--------------------

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #6274144 - 11/12/06 02:05 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I don't communicate with my dad but if I did I seriously doubt he'd give one shit either way. He used to run shit as a youth

I never tell my mom anything but she seems to know everything because she is a smart woman but also a little crazy. No matter how subtle I think I am that woman can read me like a book ("where did you get that money?" "mom, I got a full time job" "where did you get that money?"). If I told her anything she would just give me more shit than she already does so simply for the sake of my sanity I keep my mouth shut even though I'm an independent adult and am not able to hide anything. I swear she can read minds.

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Edited by DirtMcgirt (11/12/06 02:06 AM)

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
    #6274186 - 11/12/06 02:24 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

My parents know.
Oh do they know.  :tongue2:

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Offlinederyl
Stranger
Male

Loc: Uncle Tom's
Re: Do your parents know about what you do? [Re: eligal]
    #6274205 - 11/12/06 02:35 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

One of my parents is heavily involved in the criminal justice system as an elected official, so not much conversation goes on there.

on the other hand, when I got caught smoking weed at 16 my other parent told me, "I've spent way to much time and money on drugs and realized I didn't gain a damn thing from it."

After that I decided I didn't need to get fucked up to have a good time, not to say it doesn't help.

OfflineTheLightIsOn
In the worst ofall your fears

Re: Do your parents know about what you do? [Re: deryl]
    #6274357 - 11/12/06 03:51 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Up until today they had no clue. I told my parents to go to www.shroomery.org Which I thought was a wise choice on my part. I still have a lot to learn and I didn't want to spread any misinformation about these wonderful fungis.

-PEACE

--------------------
AFOAF's current multi-grow log

"In the privince of the mind, what is believed to be true is true or becomes true, within limits to be found experientially and experimentally.  These limits are further beliefs to be transcended.  In the province of the mind, there are no limits." -John C. Lilly

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #6274485 - 11/12/06 05:27 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

My mom knew I used mushrooms and pot, she was cool about it. She even admitted to trying acid once back in the 70's. My dad is pretty conservative about drug use though, or he just does a good job of giving off that impression. I don't think I'll ever be able to tell him about mushrooms.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

InvisibleJRayV
former guy on couch
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: l Flag
Re: Do your parents know about what you do? [Re: PowerTrip]
    #6274535 - 11/12/06 06:45 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Hahaha this is funny. My mom confronted me yesterday morning when i got off work because she had noticed all the odd mushroom growing supplies and components in different places in the house. She got online to figure it out, found this website through a search i guess, and figured me out. I was honest with her about my activities and my mushroom usage. It took her about 3 minutes to get over it, ha. I knew she would though, thats why i never cleaned up my tracks.

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
Re: Do your parents know about what you do? [Re: PowerTrip]
    #6274539 - 11/12/06 06:46 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i've never told them, but i think they have a pretty good idea. i've reaked up the house with weed before accidently. they never say anything. my dad was looking at some of my pictures once, and i'm pretty sure he saw some pictures of mushrooms, though i'm not 100% sure he noticed them. i've come home tripping before, and had a conversation with them, not knowing my eyes and pupils were humongous. i have long hair, constantly listen to the grateful dead, and wear grateful dead tye dyes. my room is all tripped out with blacklights and blacklight posters and fancy lights and a grateful dead tapestry, and plenty of dead and psychedelic posters. i got a bong chillin in my room which i'm sure they've come across.

yea, i guess it's a just a don't ask don't tell kind of thing. i'm kind of thinking about mentioning dmt to them, because i'm pretty fascinated by it, and i only just discovered it probably 3 months ago. maybe giving my dad dmt: the spirit molecule to read. i dunno, that's something i'd like to do, but not sure if i actually will or not. i'm a senior in college, graduating soon, getting out on my own, so i feel like it's almost time to start talking about it, but somethings kind of holding me back. maybe they don't want to hear it, i dunno.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
    #6274564 - 11/12/06 07:00 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Neither of them like my use of drugs, but tolerate the use of marijuana around them. They don't know that I have experimented with most drugs, however. While they can be convinced to embrace something of a rational approach towards pot use, they are still quite hysterical towards all the other stuff. I've tried explaining the benevolence of acid to my mom once and she precluded that it "fries your brain permanently".

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #6274606 - 11/12/06 07:15 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

While I do want to share my take on this, I already worte all about it at another site..... so copy and paste here we go.

[quote name='Psilocybeing' date='Oct 14 06, 07:24 PM GMT' post='520335']
WOW, this has been by far, one of the best threads I have ever seen on the (X WEBSITE) everyone here seems to be very wise about this subject, and its been very interesting to read.  :clap:

Its a subject I know all to well.  :smile:

When I was younger and still living with my parents I grew Cannabis in the backyard.
I had a perfect spot, a raised garden bed, that my parents never touched.
(thats also where I grew my poppies at the time )

I pulled back some tree branches, and my plant had sun all the time, if my dad was snooping around , or just working in the yard, I would give a little tug on the tree and all the branches would spill down and to the right, and my plant would be hidden, but still receiving sun.  :wub:  It was very nice.  :wub:

My parents knew I smoked Cannabis, and when I was much younger(14-16ish) there were some "battles" over my use, but those died eventually.
And while the rules shifted sometimes, "not even in the backyard", "OK smoking only in the backyard, just stop smoking in your room"  :lol:  :stoned: In general, my cannabis use was not a problem.

But mushrooms, well thats a different story.  :o  (with a semi-happy ending)

Question:
, what do you tell your dad when he enters your room, which has EVERY available surface, books dresser, nightstand, rubbermaid lids,desk, computer, everything, covered in freshly picked cubies. ???

Answer: "Um, I... ahaum i ....s ...um well. uh"

Well, for me, the answer is not much.  :wacko: 

However, even that is something that didn't go, really bad, because my dad knew I was a picker  :whew:  but at one point he was sure I was growing. (but I was almost out of the house)

These days he wants to grow and sell mushrooms WITH ME :wub:  In two locations  :wacko: , the old man has $$$ now that he sold his house, and is living in a much nicer, cheaper area.
(if I can ever get that off the ground :sigh: , we will have come FULL CIRCLE  :wub: )

He's not interested in the psychedelic side of things, but he accepts my growing, of anything, as long as I dint hurt others.  :wub: (for my dad that would be...fires, kids ingesting drugs, crime)

My mom has always been a bit of a mycophobe, not in terms of cooking, but growing.    :lol:
She knew long before my dad that I was growing mushrooms, even when I lived with them.
She bitched about mushroom growing a bit, but I just very calmly explained why it wasn't wrong, or dangerous, and eventually, even while living with them, she had sort of a quiet acceptance.
We didn't discuss it allot, but we both knew what I was doing.  :wub:

My mom also knew about my pot plant.  (the one that wasn't stolen  :frown:  )
I told her I put far to much work and $$$ into the soil of that one plant to not keep it.
We had a calm discussion while she was making dinner, and she basically said "well I I hope your dad doesn't find it"  :wub:  "me to" I said.  :wub:

She DOES NOT, however, know that I like poppies, as for growing them years ago, she really only noticed the pot.

This is what I keep from my parents, both of them.
My uncle got fucked up on heroin for years, literally, everyday, and had some serious problems, and some really embarrassing family moments, and while I realize how different a poppy is from high grade heroin, my mom only sees danger, and a dead son.
(although I assume she knows the difference, she would worry)  So we don't talk about that, ever.
We both get chronic migraines, so I might explain it to her one day, but for now, I am happy with where we are at.

And I am not as feisty, anymore, I really do like and believe in the awesome powers that psychedelics posses, but I stick to edible discussion with my mom.

She knows I grow both, and thats fine, we only talk about edible usually.

I guess your parents wouldn't take it well, so I guess I will also say dont tell, but one day, maybe you should.  Tread lightly bro, if you've been in rehab for getting in trouble "bad" as you put it, your parents might get freaked out.

However, I personally believe most people can tell the difference between hard and soft drugs, and maybe your parents will respect the growing and use of soft drugs.

Quote:

We have goals and ambitions that are not particularly consistant with our economic class.

wait you have dreams that are bigger then my poor ass???  :o  :frown:  (JK )

Take it easy bro, share with your friends, and enjoy what you have with your parents.
No one needs to know your high on your own pot at dinner, hell there is a special feeling being the only one that knows!  :laugh:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds