Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblejmg5
deadicated
Male

Loc: miles above you
shrooms+maoi, also DMT extraction q
    #6269346 - 11/10/06 03:32 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

hey everybody, I've got some caapi vine and some mushrooms and was thinking of trying the combination tonite.  I figured maybe using the caapi might help me prepare a little more  for the ayahuasca experience, this is the same reason I'm extracting freebase DMT right now.

My question about the dmt was about the last step, evaporation.  The guide I followed (QT's on erowid) says to keep the solvent away from heat, what exactly is the reason for this?  I thought if I took a heatpad I have for my reptile and placed it beneath the dish it would speed up the process.  This pad never gets above ~80 degrees, is this a bad idea?  The solvent is naphtha by the way.  I just want my crystals :grin: but won't fuck with it if it's a potential safety hazard or could negatively affect the yield.

As for the shroom+maoi combo, I only planned on a gram of shrooms (enough for a great time by itself), but i'm kind of in the dark about the vine.  I was gonna make a tea with both of the ingredients but I'm wondering what amount of caapi would complement the mushrooms nicely?  For aya it seems you need about 4x as much maoi as you do dmt, if this is true for mushrooms, too, maybe 4 grams of vine boiled into water with 1 gram of mushrooms added?

:peace: peace shroomery :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleninetynine
puke boy skeleton face
 User Gallery

Loc: no hands land, az
Re: shrooms+maoi, also DMT extraction q [Re: jmg5]
    #6269802 - 11/10/06 05:56 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

a single maoi dose for shrooms would be the same as a single maoi dose for ayahuasca.

the caapi is just a mono amine oxidase inhibitor. and once your mono amine oxidase is inhibited, your body won't be able to break down various compounds... so any substance effected by maoi's will now be "stronger" to you.

the intensity of the trip will still be mostly dependent on the amount of psychedelic you consume.

and as far as heat to help evap your nps...
dmt can caramelize at relatively low temperatures. and unless you want your product in the form of goo... i'd be patient and wait the extra couple days for a room temp evap.

plus, your nps is likely extremely flammable... why add electricity & heat into the mix?

--------------------

2,5-dimethoxy-4-astatophenethylamine

Invisiblejmg5
deadicated
Male

Re: shrooms+maoi, also DMT extraction q [Re: ninetynine]
    #6269853 - 11/10/06 06:14 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the tip, I can't wait for it all to evaporate  :laugh:

Are there any risks associated with combining psilocybin and maois?  I'd guess it couldn't be any more dangerous than ayahuasca, psilocybin is a very safe drug in my opinion as far as negative side effects go, can anyone share an opinion?

:mushroom2:

Invisibleninetynine
puke boy skeleton face
 User Gallery

#6269877 - 11/10/06 06:22 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

it's not "dangerous" if you know what you're doing.

just keep in mind that the maoi itself is mildly psychedelic, and the trip will seem a little different that with just shrooms. but for someone with experience in psychedelics already, i'd imagine they would be fine. the main negative in my opinion is the possible added nausea from the maoi.

just be sure to mind what you consume for the next day or two while the maoi is still in your system.

Invisiblejmg5
deadicated
Male

#6270672 - 11/10/06 10:51 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

just thought I'd pop in and add that I'm having a great experience

not a bad combo in low doses of both

:shineon:

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#6270931 - 11/11/06 01:10 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

yeah low dose combos can be greater then high a high dose of either alone i like low dose of cactus with medium dose of ayahauasca

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Invisiblejmg5
deadicated
Male

Re: shrooms+maoi, also DMT extraction q [Re: thedudenj]
    #6271255 - 11/11/06 07:02 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

okay so I only ingested a little over 1/8 ounce of caapi last night, this is like less than an 1/8 of what my ayahuasca dose would have been, do I still need to watch what I eat today?

:bigjoint:

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#6271999 - 11/11/06 01:08 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i duuno if that much will inhibit the mao, its a it works as a competitive maoi thus reversable

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlineentheogen23
Stranger
Male
    #6272142 - 11/11/06 01:49 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

jmg5 said:

My question about the dmt was about the last step, evaporation.  The guide I followed (QT's on erowid) says to keep the solvent away from heat, what exactly is the reason for this?  I thought if I took a heatpad I have for my reptile and placed it beneath the dish it would speed up the process.  This pad never gets above ~80 degrees, is this a bad idea?  The solvent is naphtha by the way.  I just want my crystals :grin: but won't fuck with it if it's a potential safety hazard or could negatively affect the yield.

I would highly recommend NOT evapping down, and instead do a freezer precipitation. Works WAY better for getting a clean spice with no naptha residues (which if you don't distill, you will most likely have). 

Look for Marsofold's tek.  In a nutshell, instead of evap, you take the naptha, recude it down by about 1/2, and then stick into a deep freezer.  The spice will precipitate out, then you quickly filter them out in a cold funnel, ending up with nice white (or slightly yellow) spice.  Much much cleaner than evap can ever do, unless you recrystalize a few times.

http://forums.lycaeum.org/htdocs/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=002352

Invisiblejmg5
deadicated
Male

#6272396 - 11/11/06 03:24 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:
i duuno if that much will inhibit the mao, its a it works as a competitive maoi thus reversable

I'm not sure what you mean exactly, the amount of caapi I had?  I'd say it definitely had an effect on my trip.
thanks for the link entheogen :thumbup:  Its been evaporating for about two days, do you think I'd be better off freezing even at this point?

Edited by jmg5 (11/11/06 03:30 PM)

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#6272493 - 11/11/06 03:55 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

ok you got some good caapi then i pretty much said thats not alot of caapi lol. but caapi is wicked powerful not from the drugs in it but the soul of it and the soul poeple put in it.

--------------------

Edited by thedudenj (11/11/06 03:56 PM)

Invisiblejmg5
deadicated
Male

#6272515 - 11/11/06 04:02 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah it was a small amount, but it definitely added something special to the trip.  I look forward to experimenting in the future (maybe I'll have some of my mimosa with it before the end of this year :smile:)

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

#6273141 - 11/11/06 06:49 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

has anyone ever done the tek entheogen23 gave us the link for?

i was wondering how successful the freezer technique was?

also it said instead of doing an ammonia/water wash you can do just an ice cold distilled water wash.... is this really as effective?

i guess i would prefer to use as less "household" chemicals as possible. they just sound nasty.

Basification: Premix a solution of: 5 heaping Tablespoons (70grams) of Lye
(Lowes Hardware, item# 146450 "Roebic Crystal Drain Opener")

i mean using drain opener just sounds really trashy and scary.... is there any dangers from using this product?

--------------------
"When I'm on LSD and hearing something that's pure rhythm, it takes me to another world and into anther brain state where I've stopped thinking and started knowing" - Kevin Herbert

"Psychedelics let you see the world through a child's eye."

"Experience the liquid realm..."

"The evolution of mankind is in the alteration of consciousness" - Dr. Albert Hofmann

Invisiblejmg5
deadicated
Male

Re: shrooms+maoi, also DMT extraction q [Re: agoutihead]
    #6273180 - 11/11/06 07:00 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

agoutihead said:
has anyone ever done the tek entheogen23 gave us the link for?

i was wondering how successful the freezer technique was?

also it said instead of doing an ammonia/water wash you can do just an ice cold distilled water wash.... is this really as effective?

i guess i would prefer to use as less "household" chemicals as possible. they just sound nasty.

i mean using drain opener just sounds really trashy and scary.... is there any dangers from using this product?

I beleive the ingredients are 100% sodium hydroxide, shouldn't be dangerous..

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

#6273466 - 11/11/06 08:47 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

and what exactly is sodium hydroxide in laymens terms?

--------------------
"When I'm on LSD and hearing something that's pure rhythm, it takes me to another world and into anther brain state where I've stopped thinking and started knowing" - Kevin Herbert

"The evolution of mankind is in the alteration of consciousness" - Dr. Albert Hofmann

Invisibleninetynine
puke boy skeleton face
 User Gallery

Re: shrooms+maoi, also DMT extraction q [Re: agoutihead]
    #6274519 - 11/12/06 06:26 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

agoutihead said:
and what exactly is sodium hydroxide in laymens terms?

NaOH... lye.

Quote:

agoutihead said:

there shouldn't be any acids or bases in your final product if you did the extraction correctly.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#6274770 - 11/12/06 09:21 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

if you dont filter it fine enought its possible to get plant matter in your final product but that doesnt mean theres acids or bases in it

--------------------

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

#6275135 - 11/12/06 11:50 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

so doubling, or tripling up on the filters is a better idea?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies