Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemushrix
Researcher
Male

Loc: United States
Wrong strain for specific setup?
    #6266074 - 11/09/06 04:14 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

A friend of mine, who plans on using a Mycobag, recently ordered 10cc of Puerto Rican strain solution. I have done some research for him, and have used the search function on this board to find more information, and I've come across a few posts stating that Puerto Ricans pin slower than other strains. My friend is aware of this and this doesn't matter to him, as he has plenty of time to kill. I informed my friend that he should choose a better strain next time, which may pin faster and work better in a Mycobag, however as of now he doesn't have the money to order more strain solution. He plans on starting out with a Mycobag and slowly spawning to a terrarium as he advances in his mycology research. My question is, if all conditions are ideal, should the Puerto Rican strain have difficulty growing in my friends Mycobag? Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStopGo
NothinShakin.....
Male

Loc: A Long Stange Trip
Re: Wrong strain for specific setup? [Re: mushrix]
    #6266080 - 11/09/06 04:17 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Mycobags are not only good for every strain of cubes but also good for other species. Using a mycobag will only decrease the time to fruiting because you can skip the spawn stage. Do some more reading and youll be tripping in no time.

--------------------

Offlinemushrix
Researcher
Male

Loc: United States
Re: Wrong strain for specific setup? [Re: StopGo]
    #6266106 - 11/09/06 04:30 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks a lot for your response! I'm glad to see intelligent people around here, who are polite and willing to provide help. I appreciate it!

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Wrong strain for specific setup? [Re: StopGo]
    #6266109 - 11/09/06 04:31 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

how fast you get pins, depends so much more on your techniques, and has little to do with strains... whether or not you read that about PRs, I wouldn't put much stock in it... not to worry... its a good strain and you made a fine choice.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Wrong strain for specific setup? [Re: creamcorn]
    #6266723 - 11/09/06 07:26 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

That's an old myth with PR's and it's undeserved. I have an isolate of PR that pins faster than just about any other strain in my collection.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: Wrong strain for specific setup? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6266962 - 11/09/06 08:34 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Yea,It seems that Pr's have a bad rap though,I have seen allot of people saying they have had problems with them,I have never tried them so I cant really say anything good or bad put from what I have read I'm not in a big hurry to run out and place an order for any

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order