Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineurbanism
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: SF, CA
Anxiety over first batch?
    #6262833 - 11/08/06 06:30 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Wondering if anyone has experienced anxiety during the come-up after eating their first finds. I'm probably going to try mine this weekend, they've been positively IDed by a number of shroomerites, and I feel really good about them, but I have a feeling I'm going to be worrying that they're "BAD" during the early stages of the trip.

I've never eaten mushrooms that I've picked myself before.

Any ideas for overcoming this anxiety? Think it be better to do it solo, or should I share some with friends?

--------------------
The best things in life aren't things

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Anxiety over first batch? [Re: urbanism]
    #6262855 - 11/08/06 06:35 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, i know that anxiety. forthe longest time i would get that the first time i would eat any given species, no matter how competent my identification had been.

if you are careful to make sure of your collections with actives, it's easier to let that feeling melt right away as you start to feel them taking hold of your body and mind.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

Re: Anxiety over first batch? [Re: canid]
    #6263003 - 11/08/06 07:21 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Yo man, just be logical. You know for a fact that they are active.

Either overcome your anxiety, or do not trip. You don't want your trip to turn into a bad one!  :wink:

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: Anxiety over first batch? [Re: Feanor]
    #6263021 - 11/08/06 07:24 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

brother, if you don't have some anxiety eating a new mushroom, you're not taking hunting seriously enough. it's an emotional response, you might as well ask a dog to use proper english as ask it be be rational :grin:

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

#6263037 - 11/08/06 07:28 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

ever had cyans before, or has it all been cubies?...I'd say just eat 3-4 of those for the first time..Nice mild one, not too stressful

You should start to feel it even after 2...maybe

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: Anxiety over first batch? [Re: auweia]
    #6263045 - 11/08/06 07:30 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i assume you're replying to urbanism.

--------------------

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

#6263056 - 11/08/06 07:34 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

oh yeah, sorry  :smile:...yeah urbanism

I remember one guys girlfriends who had the same anxiety once..I think she ate maybe 10 like those. Spent the first hour going 'please make it stop!", and then 3 hours later "please don't let this stop!"

hehe

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: Anxiety over first batch? [Re: auweia]
    #6263203 - 11/08/06 08:07 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

ConcreteFeet is correct.  You should be a little nervous even if you are 110% sure of your ID!  It is the people who are over confident that usually end up poisoned.

Urbanism, you have taken more than enough steps to ensure safety.  I have been in the same position, and the trip was not bad because of the anxiety.  And after you come out of it, it's such a relief and good feeling to know you were able to ID accurately!
I took some with a friend the first time.  I told them I was more than positive that they were Panaeolus subbalteatus, though I could not shed my anxiety about eating my first found mushrooms.  We both are alive!  :grin:

Hope we've settled your nerves a little.  Expect to be a little sketched, but I expect you'll be fine with all the precautions you've taken!  Have fun!!!

--------------------

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uk / Philippines
Re: Anxiety over first batch? [Re: CureCat]
    #6263254 - 11/08/06 08:21 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

sometimes i get a bit anxious when i get stomasch ache, but liberty caps (which is wot i eat mainly) they generally give me gut rot anyway, and its just the fact that im already trippin balls that makes me paranoid :lol:

10 years of picking and eating my own with no problems, so im pretty confident i got the right ones,
but never complacent :tongue:

--------------------
View My Gallery

Offlineurbanism
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Anxiety over first batch? [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #6264942 - 11/09/06 10:50 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I have a good amount of experience, all with cubes. I'm a positive tripper and have had life-changing moments after eating mushrooms both alone and with friends. I believe the cyans that I found were looking for ME and as long as I respect them, they'll be good to me.

My plan is to eat 3 tomorrow night solo before I give out any to friends, that way I can be sure of their effects and potency. I think not having to be responsible for the effects on other people will help ease any anxiety that might come up.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride

--------------------

OfflinePincushion
And I stillhaven't foundwhat I'm lookingfor....

Loc: Oregon
    #6264959 - 11/09/06 10:56 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Your story sounds familiar....
I just found my first cyan's (99% sure they are. still waiting for ID) about an hour ago and am nervous as hell. For some reason buying cubes from some random dude never made me nervous, but this sure does.

I was also nervous as hell walking back to the car.... fear, anxiety and joy all rolled up into one emotional cocktail.

Offlineurbanism
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Anxiety over first batch? [Re: Pincushion]
    #6279644 - 11/13/06 05:17 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

By the way, I ate three goodsized dry cyans on Friday night on an empty stomach and it was really intense. Had a bad time for awhile and was alone curled up shivering for an hour and a half before I was able to rejoin the group, after the initial 2 hours of intensity I actually really enjoyed the second half of the trip. I came back down to a point where I was comfortable.

These were my first cyans and they were much stronger than expected, this mixed with a bit of anxiety about eating my first "find" (thought loops about poisoning myself) led to a rough time. My friend had 1 1/2 and had a great trip. The moral of the story, only eat about 1/2 as much next time. VERY strong... Now that I know they're "good" I'll be in good shape for the future. I guess I had to be a bit of a guinea pig on the first batch

--------------------

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
    #6279659 - 11/13/06 05:23 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i ate my first fidas this past weekend and yeah i was a bit worried. i was actualy more worried that they where not dried dorrectly. but yeah i ate them and was fine. had a rip roaring grand time :laugh: i only ate about .8 grams cyans too. but i toped that of with about 3 grams of cubes a little into the trip. but the cyans gave the trip a distictly warpy feel to it. very intense and very fun :tripping:

--------------------

Offlineurbanism
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Anxiety over first batch? [Re: notapillow]
    #6279751 - 11/13/06 05:48 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I found the cyans to be really disorienting compared to cubes which I was more used too. Probably had a lot to do with the amount I ate.

--------------------

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
    #6279999 - 11/13/06 07:06 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I had that...

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

OfflineWoombleshamba
Sasquatch Hunter
 User Gallery

Re: Anxiety over first batch? [Re: robbyberto]
    #6281670 - 11/14/06 08:15 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I've only found wild actives once on a trip to british columbia, and although I knew what shrooms I had (beaos) I was nervous about munching them. I almost didn't because it was my first time picking magics, but boy I was sure glad that I did. I took a tour of the universe that night lying on a floating dock. It was amazing. So my point is, well, the same as everyone elses hahaha, go ahead and be nervous, but dont let it stop you fom enjoying what you know will be a good thing. :smile:

--------------------
Don't go opening windows if you can't handle the breeze

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag