Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecolonelcack
Stranger
 User Gallery
Question about using zippo fluid with LSA extraction * 1
    #6255882 - 11/06/06 11:16 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I know you can use zippo fluid as a subsitute for petroleum ether as zippo fluid is just naphtha. However, the bottle I obtained says "New forumula!" like this one here:

http://zippocasemuseum.com/index.aspx?ta...=productdetails

According to that site it makes it sound like the only difference between the old and new formula is just a more refined pure fuel...I just want to double check that it is the same chemical I want.

Can anyone who has a regular purple bottle of zippo fluid without the "New forumula" message at the top tell me what it says on the back? Mine says "DANGER CONTENTS: SYNTHETIC ISOPARAFFINIC HYDROCARBON", is this still naphtha and safe to use or is this some new chemical?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibled4a2n0k
The Dude
Male User Gallery

Re: Question about using zippo fluid with LSA extraction [Re: colonelcack]
    #6255911 - 11/06/06 11:29 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I've heard Sherwin Williams VM&P naphtha evaporates perfectly clean. Its also pretty cheap and easily available.

I would advise against using this "new formula" on any extraction you intend to use in any sort of product for human consumption.

--------------------
Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Re: Question about using zippo fluid with LSA extraction [Re: d4a2n0k]
    #6256436 - 11/07/06 05:02 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

as far as i know zippo fluid is far to impure in order to be safely used for a extraction.

buy "clean" alcohol in your local pharmacy for that use.

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

InvisibleReoSpeedwagon153
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chetumal, Mexico
Re: Question about using zippo fluid with LSA extraction [Re: ohmatic]
    #6257399 - 11/07/06 01:07 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

DON'T USE IT AT ALL!!!
There is no need for this petroleum ether crap. It's pretty dangerous and completely unnecessary.

Grind the seeds for a minute, and sift through a tea strainer or other fine screen such as a hash sifter or a splatter screen.

The fine white powder sifts through, leaving the seed husks and dark chunks behind.

The more "peppery" the powder looks, the less pure it is becoming, and you need to give the seeds another quick grind or use fresh seeds.

This white powder is nicely psychedelic at 2-3 grams. Just mix in with juice and drink, or put it into capsules.

Morning glories like synergy! Pretty much any other psychedelic will do, especially good ol' cannabis.

Give it a good 3 hours to fully come on, and don't expect an off the wall experience, but make sure to have fun!

--------------------
“I thought naming myself ‘ReoSpeedwagon153’ on a forum was a funny idea in 2006.”

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Question about using zippo fluid with LSA extraction [Re: ReoSpeedwagon153]
    #6258061 - 11/07/06 04:20 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

wow that last one is a nice idea i just found finely coffee grinding to work wonders tho im goan acid base em when i get a chance

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinecolonelcack
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6258099 - 11/07/06 04:33 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ReoSpeedwagon153 said:
DON'T USE IT AT ALL!!!
There is no need for this petroleum ether crap. It's pretty dangerous and completely unnecessary.

Grind the seeds for a minute, and sift through a tea strainer or other fine screen such as a hash sifter or a splatter screen.

The fine white powder sifts through, leaving the seed husks and dark chunks behind.

The more "peppery" the powder looks, the less pure it is becoming, and you need to give the seeds another quick grind or use fresh seeds.

This white powder is nicely psychedelic at 2-3 grams. Just mix in with juice and drink, or put it into capsules.

Morning glories like synergy! Pretty much any other psychedelic will do, especially good ol' cannabis.

Give it a good 3 hours to fully come on, and don't expect an off the wall experience, but make sure to have fun!

Hmmm...Sorry I wasn't very specific in my original post, but this would be for Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds and not morning glory.  I'm sure this method would work just as fine with HBWR however, will it remove the nausiating bad chemicals that the extraction would?  I know the whole myth thing about the HBWR's "fuzzy coating" being the cause of the nausia is bullshit, the chemicals are in the seeds themselves.

I've tripped plenty of times off these seeds and I feel they're amazing and wish to share them with my buddies.  However they always seem to get sick and that ends up making me feel like a dick.  It really doesn't even effect me, even at extremely high doses such as 13-15 seeds but some people just can't handle it and say they just feel sick the entire time.  15 seeds however is when I start to question being able to hold them down that first half an hour so that seems to be my limit, but if i extracted them I could still dose higher and that shouldn't be a problem.

Soooo...I want to extract the LSA as purely as possible so me and a few buddies can have a triptastic weekend sometime soon without me feeling bad and making everyone sick while im having the time of my life.

BTW this is the extraction method I was going to attempt (The first one towards the top):

http://nepenthes.lycaeum.org/Extraction/extract2.html

Anyone who knows any sucessful alternative methods (preferably ones that don't involve such harsh toxic chemicals) that get rid of nausia please post!  :laugh:

Edited by colonelcack (11/07/06 04:44 PM)

InvisibleReoSpeedwagon153
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chetumal, Mexico
    #6261147 - 11/08/06 10:17 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I have absolutely no experience with HBWR (though this board has really sparked my interest in the seed, being a long time morning glory enthusiast).

I think the plants are related (both in the convulvaceae family) so it's likely the active chemicals would be in the same parts of the seed of each plant.

I also know that this method works extremely well for syrian rue, so I would give the grind and sift a shot before trying a risky extraction.

That way, you could measure dosage pretty easily, just grind up as many as you would normally take, with maybe one extra (depending on the seed's potency) to make up for the amount of fine powder left in the air.

I'm almost totally sure you'll notice at least a relief in body load.

And if the sickness is still too much, you can probably mix the seed powder into juice, then filter out the solid parts. I usually find that the less plant matter I actually consume, the less sick I feel when tripping on anything.

--------------------
“I thought naming myself ‘ReoSpeedwagon153’ on a forum was a funny idea in 2006.”

Offlinedalmonk
Stranger
    #6262912 - 11/08/06 06:52 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I've used zippo fluid before to do the extraction. Whether or not it was completely safe I'm unsure but it seemed to evaporate cleanly. If I were going to repeat the process I'd go for pure lab grade petroleum ether as this is completely volatile and would cleanly evaporate for sure. Also, I wouldn't waste your time with the extraction unless you're going to extract a lot. It's kind of a hassle so you want it to have been worth your while and at least have numerous doses once your finished. Also the closer to pure ethanol (or methanol or whatever polar solvent you choose) the better because aqueous alcohols won't extract the LSA as completely.

Offlinedumb_banana
Stranger
    #6299730 - 11/19/06 04:28 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Yo colonolcack:

I have used the same "new formula" that you mention for LSA extraction recently. It works fine. It evaporates cleanly without residue, and should not be harmful as long as you let it evaporate completely, so as not to ingest it. If you can smell fuel in your seed mixture, there is still fuel in it! Give it some time.

peace. lsa rocks man :thumbup:

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: Question about using zippo fluid with LSA extraction [Re: dumb_banana]
    #6299853 - 11/19/06 05:22 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

mine says "danger contents petroleum distillate- naptha"

--------------------

OfflineCody Ashmore
Stranger
    #27513439 - 10/22/21 10:25 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I have zippo lighter fluid. It leaves no residue when evaporated.The only residue i see in my zippo lighter is a black carbon/flint dust on the top of my lighter from when my flint dust is gathered and burned by the flame causing a black flint dust texture on the inside of the windproofing piece where the holes usually are and where there is a wick.This does not mean it is fluid residue. The liquid is crystal clear. The only way tou can extract LSA from plant material such as HBW Seeds Is with naptha. Light Petrolium Distillate is Naptha. The only ingredients mentioned on the old zippo bottles i have (the ones i get imported from out of state because CA banned most naptha products)is Light Petroleum Distillate (meaning Naptha).The new zippo fluid doesnt contain this in some states or counties so always look on the back for light petroleum distillates. Also you cant use heat when extracting LSA because Light, Heat, Oxygen, And Electricity causes it to break down into a useless material. So the real question is: Is zippo lighter fluid really just pure naptha or just an impurity mixed with naptha

Edit: P.S. acids also Causes LSA and LSD to break down.

--------------------

Edited by Cody Ashmore (10/22/21 10:43 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds