Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
Colo&Nevada's pro-weed initiatives are probably going to lose (it lost)
    #6249229 - 11/05/06 04:36 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/topstories_story_309002649.html

Quote:

Referendum 44, which is on Tuesday's ballot, would allow adults to carry up to an ounce of marijuana, similar to an ordinance Denver voters approved last year. No other state allows pot possession for anything other than medical use. Federal law also prohibits possession.

A recent poll of 625 registered voters by Mason-Dixon Polling & Research found 34 percent of voters supported the measure, while 57 percent opposed it. The poll had a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.

http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=5631287&nav=15MUCBSd

Quote:

And a measure to let Nevada residents possess up to one ounce of marijuana has 53 percent opposition and 35 percent support with 12 percent undecided.

Anyone from these states please please please make it out to vote for legalization!

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Edited by TheFakeSunRa (11/08/06 03:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: Colo&Ariz's pro-weed initiatives are probably going to lose [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #6249729 - 11/05/06 11:01 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Weird, almost everyone I've talked to is voting for it...and I don't just talk to young people...

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Invisibleoso
man
 User Gallery

Re: Colo&Ariz's pro-weed initiatives are probably going to lose [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #6249789 - 11/05/06 11:24 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

those polls dont mean anything, because its just the people that go through thier junk mail and answer calling center calls that respnd to them.

--------------------
"When tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign foe."
James Madison

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Re: Colo&Ariz's pro-weed initiatives are probably going to lose [Re: oso]
    #6250730 - 11/05/06 05:25 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I hope you're right but I think opinion polls are actually quite accurate. I'm afraid they use methods that make them more dependable than what you're describing.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Colo&Ariz's pro-weed initiatives are probably going to lose [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #6250740 - 11/05/06 05:28 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Arizona has a pro-weed initiative? I have my early ballot right here, I dont see one...

So this begs the question, if we respect democracy, should we respect the voters rights and not smoke weed? Maybe sometimes the majority opnion should be ignored (like slavery in the old south).

Offlinemorphius2661
Basic Psychonaut
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: NC
Re: Colo&Ariz's pro-weed initiatives are probably going to lose [Re: DieCommie]
    #6250761 - 11/05/06 05:34 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I think he meant Nevada

--------------------
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the estabilished authorities are wrong."

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Re: Colo&Ariz's pro-weed initiatives are probably going to lose [Re: DieCommie]
    #6250778 - 11/05/06 05:37 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Arizona has a pro-weed initiative? I have my early ballot right here, I dont see one...

So this begs the question, if we respect democracy, should we respect the voters rights and not smoke weed? Maybe sometimes the majority opinion should be ignored (like slavery in the old south).

My bad. I guess I was getting my western states mixed up. Edited the thread title to correct. Popular opinion should never be allowed to be used to oppress the minority. Democracy is not necessarily synonymous with freedom. I personally don't give a fuck about democracy except that it is probably the best way to maximize freedom.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: Colo&Ariz's pro-weed initiatives are probably going to lose [Re: morphius2661]
    #6250779 - 11/05/06 05:37 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I'm stealing your avatar for my desktop

where'd that image come from?

also, could you send me the picture that is in your gallery of your desktop (the actual file/picture itself)

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Edited by demius (11/05/06 05:39 PM)

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#6250796 - 11/05/06 05:42 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

If Colorado's initiative doesn't pass then all I've got to say is they better have their shit together by 2009.

Offlinemorphius2661
Basic Psychonaut
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: NC
Re: Colo&Ariz's pro-weed initiatives are probably going to lose [Re: demiu5]
    #6250823 - 11/05/06 05:48 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

The one in my avatar I made

The one in the gallery I found at deviantart, I searched around for it but it was in the wallpaper (then fratal) gallery but since they redesigned their site i dont see a wallpaper gallery. Anyway check their Digital art > fractal gallery they have some badass fractals on there.

If you want a higher res one of my avatar pm me

--------------------
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the estabilished authorities are wrong."

InvisibleStroFun
Repeater

Loc: Mycotopia.net
Re: Colo&Ariz's pro-weed initiatives are probably going to lose [Re: morphius2661]
    #6252709 - 11/06/06 07:39 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Even if they do fail they will fail less than they have in the past, and awareness of the devil's weed has been spread, also discrediting the DEA and local governments exposing corruption. All in all i look forward to the future where ballot measures like these become more common and if enough pushing is done and enough exposure of lies is done the people will wake up..

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Colo&Ariz's pro-weed initiatives are probably going to lose [Re: StroFun]
    #6252731 - 11/06/06 07:58 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

dont underestimate nevada, anywhere you can legally buy hookers and blow off nuclear weapons dosent necissarily follow the numbers.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Re: Colo&Ariz's pro-weed initiatives are probably going to lose [Re: ZippoZ]
    #6262236 - 11/08/06 03:42 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Voters in 3 states say no to legalizing marijuana
By Jeff Robinson
Nov 8, 2006

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (BP)--Voters defeated three pro-marijuana measures Nov. 7 that would have legalized use of the drug in three states -- Colorado, Nevada and South Dakota.

Barrett Duke, vice president for public policy and research of the Southern Baptist Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission, noted: “Despite the plays on people’s emotions, the majority of voters recognized that it is foolish to weaken laws on marijuana usage.

“Marijuana is a very dangerous drug. Anything we can do to help prevent access to it will result in many lives being spared its destructive effects,” Duke told Baptist Press.

In Colorado, Amendment 44, which would have allowed adults 21 and over to possess up to an ounce of marijuana, lost by nearly a 2-1 margin. So unpopular was the initiative, it won only half the vote in traditionally liberal Boulder County.

Robert McGuire, spokesman for the Colorado Chapter of Save Our Society from Drugs and a leader of the opposition of Amendment 44, said he is pleased with the resoundingly negative response to the measure.

“Our goal was to beat it badly enough so we don’t see it again on the ballot,” McGuire said.

Even if it had passed, Amendment 44 wouldn't have technically made smoking marijuana legal in Colorado. It is still a violation of federal drug laws -- though federal drug enforcement officials said publicly they will not actively seek to arrest and convict users in possession of an ounce or less.

The Nevada initiative was similar to the one in Colorado. Question 7 would have allowed Nevada residents 21 years of age or older to possess up to an ounce of marijuana but was being rejected by 56 percent of voters with 1,620 of 1,913 precincts statewide reporting late Wednesday morning.

If the initiatives had passed, they would have made Colorado and Nevada the first states to legalize marijuana use for recreational purposes. Previously, several states -- including Colorado -- passed medical marijuana initiatives that allowed for the distribution of the drug for those battling illness.

Rob Kampia, executive director for Marijuana Policy Project (MPP), touted the “huge progress” in Nevada since a 61-39 loss on a similar initiative four years ago. MPP is a pro-marijuana group that “works to minimize the harm associated with marijuana -- both the consumption of marijuana and the laws that are intended to prohibit such use.”

In South Dakota, Initiated Measure 4 was patterned after laws in 11 states legalizing marijuana for medical usage. Passage looked doubtful Wednesday morning with 141,734 votes against legalized use compared with 127,713 votes in favor, a 53-47 margin, with 743 precincts out of 818 reporting.

Those who opposed the initiative had argued that approval of the measure would have led to open marijuana use, and the public might think that it is the only medicine effective for certain ailments.

Those in favor argued in part that marijuana can relieve seriously ill patients' discomfort and even save lives. Currently under South Dakota law, patients who use marijuana can be sentenced to a year in prison and fined $2,000.

But there is something more subtle and sinister behind the push for legalizing pot for medical purposes, Duke said.

“I’m sure that many people who support the so-called medicinal use of marijuana are very genuine in their concern for people’s suffering. However, it is obvious that others see this issue as a first step toward complete legalization of the drug. We must recognize that the medical marijuana issue is the Trojan Horse of the marijuana legalization movement.

“To use people’s suffering as a subterfuge for such a sinister goal is despicable. I agree that we must do all we can to help people find ways to alleviate their pain and to deal with issues like appetite loss during therapy. I am not oblivious or insensitive to the pain and need of those who are suffering, but relaxing our guard against marijuana is not the answer. I encourage people to look for better, safer solutions.”

Several nonbinding pro-marijuana measures passed in two smaller municipalities in Massachusetts, in Missoula County, Mont., and three California cities -- Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara and Santa Monica. These measures direct law enforcement agencies to make arrests for marijuana possession their lowest priority.

Pro-marijuana advocates were encouraged by these smaller victories and say voters in Nevada, and possibly other states, will get another opportunity to vote on legalizing pot.

“The momentum is with us,” Kampia said. “We plan to try again with another marijuana initiative in Nevada in 2008 or 2010.”

Duke said he is troubled by the idea of making marijuana enforcement a low priority and sees it as a dangerous trend.

“Unfortunately, some communities have voted to ask their local law enforcement officials to look the other way on marijuana violations [which could] very well provide the slippery slope those who want to legalize marijuana are looking for,” Duke said.

“I encourage these communities to reevaluate this request and to reverse it at the earliest possible opportunity. If they do not, they may discover too late that their decision provided the opportunity for the forces of legalization to use their communities in their efforts to undermine the nation’s drug-control strategy.”

On drug legalization in general, Duke added, “I repeat my call for better enforcement of our drug laws, better treatment programs for people using drugs, more anti-drug education programs and harsher penalties for those who distribute drugs.”

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#6262242 - 11/08/06 03:43 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for ruining my day !

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
Re: Colo&Ariz's pro-weed initiatives are probably going to lose [Re: TYL3R]
    #6262252 - 11/08/06 03:46 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I voted, it didn't get passed :'(

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Re: Colo&Ariz's pro-weed initiatives are probably going to lose [Re: Maverick]
    #6262297 - 11/08/06 04:05 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

These initiatives are important steps towards getting marijuana legalized. Even though we lost we can consider it a victory and we can consider ourselves one step closer to freedom.

To all of the people who worked so hard to get these initiatives on the ballots I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

Offlinekarn09
w3rd
Male User Gallery

Loc: Purdue
    #6262331 - 11/08/06 04:14 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

It was pretty close in Nevada, my moneys on it passing if its up for vote next time around. People have to warm up to the idea more

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale