Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedavesj1
Stranger

spawn in tray or filter patch bags for Pan cyan?
    #6248682 - 11/04/06 11:16 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I am about to spawn 2 quarts of pan cyan spawn to Hpoo and Coir. Should I mix them all up in the fruiting tray or should I mix them up into a spawn bag and seal it (to minimize contams) then once colonized transfer it to the tray?

Also, whats the ideal spawn ratio for pan cyans? Ive read that it should be higher than with cubes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: spawn in tray or filter patch bags for Pan cyan? [Re: davesj1]
    #6249684 - 11/05/06 10:31 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

If spawning colonized rye to manure, three to one works just fine. Four to one is OK, but will be a tad slower. Forget the bags. Spawn the grains into manure no more than 1 1/2 inches deep in a tray. Pans hate thick substrate layers for some reason.

At full colonization, place a thin casing layer of no more than 1/4" on top of the colonized substrate. Cover with foil for a few days until mycelium is showing through, then place in fruiting conditions.

The casing layer usually fully colonizes, but pins come ten to fourteen days later, which is about a week behind cubes, so be ready for them to take their time and don't mess with it. Just let them take their time and wait. They want near 100% humidity, so wrinkle up a sheet of wax paper, then spread it back out and place over the tray. This will keep the humidity high while still allowing for air exchange under the wrinkled up sheet of wax paper. Replace the wax paper with a fresh sheet every two days.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinetribalbuddha
tribalbuddha
Male

Loc: Bell's Non-locality
Re: spawn in tray or filter patch bags for Pan cyan? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #15591367 - 12/30/11 10:18 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

After the casing layer is ready for primordia formation and fruit bodies, is it recommended that one remove the wax paper once a day for Fresh Air Exchange?
Im getting the impression from others that pan cyans are most sensitive during the pinning stage, when FAE should be done on a regular, perhaps twice a day minimum?

What is the risks involved with  open air fruiting - no chamber, just isolated and ventilated properly in a room? when mycelium is the dominant player on the scene, it seems contams are not an issue most times.....

thanks...

--------------------
1. All Roads lead to Home
2. Not all who wander are lost.
3. Be still and know,that I am
4. Protect the Mind
5. Breath from the Dan tien
6. Nam Myoho Ryenge Kyoho
7. Be the Change you wish to see in the world
8. It is in change that things find rest. All Flows.
9. as above, so below. as within, is without.
10. You are the final arbiter.

Invisibleoutofservice
I never get to touch no monkey
Male
Loc: Sun & Sand Flag
    #24544810 - 08/10/17 08:58 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
If spawning colonized rye to manure, three to one works just fine.  Four to one is OK, but will be a tad slower.  Forget the bags.  Spawn the grains into manure no more than 1 1/2 inches deep in a tray.  Pans hate thick substrate layers for some reason.

At full colonization, place a thin casing layer of no more than 1/4" on top of the colonized substrate.  Cover with foil for a few days until mycelium is showing through, then place in fruiting conditions.

The casing layer usually fully colonizes, but pins come ten to fourteen days later, which is about a week behind cubes, so be ready for them to take their time and don't mess with it.  Just let them take their time and wait.  They want near 100% humidity, so wrinkle up a sheet of wax paper, then spread it back out and place over the tray.  This will keep the humidity high while still allowing for air exchange under the wrinkled up sheet of wax paper.  Replace the wax paper with a fresh sheet every two days.
RR

This is the answer to the question I had of what to do with my pans. F'g Gold!
I'm using crushed cakes though. .

--------------------

Edited by outofservice (08/10/17 09:00 PM)

Invisibleoutofservice
I never get to touch no monkey
Male
Loc: Sun & Sand Flag
    #24544874 - 08/10/17 09:22 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
If spawning colonized rye to manure, three to one works just fine.  Four to one is OK, but will be a tad slower.  Forget the bags.  Spawn the grains into manure no more than 1 1/2 inches deep in a tray.  Pans hate thick substrate layers for some reason.

At full colonization, place a thin casing layer of no more than 1/4" on top of the colonized substrate.  Cover with foil for a few days until mycelium is showing through, then place in fruiting conditions.

The casing layer usually fully colonizes, but pins come ten to fourteen days later, which is about a week behind cubes, so be ready for them to take their time and don't mess with it.  Just let them take their time and wait.  They want near 100% humidity, so wrinkle up a sheet of wax paper, then spread it back out and place over the tray.  This will keep the humidity high while still allowing for air exchange under the wrinkled up sheet of wax paper.  Replace the wax paper with a fresh sheet every two days.
RR

Do you have any pics of a colonized tray?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix