Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineflower_child
Dawson
Male User Gallery

Natural Water?
    #6246185 - 11/04/06 06:59 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I stumbled upon this in the PF Tek today as I was double checking to make sure I remember what all I need to grab from the store today.

Quote:

A note on water: A recent update is worth mentioning. Water quality is indeed important. I have found out that "natural" water is the water to use. It makes for better cultivation of this mushroom on this simple substrate. Distilled water is good for making spore solutions and syringes and storing spore solution. But for growing, they seem to like the "natural" water such as: swamp, lake, stream, pond,river, ground or any water that is rich in organics. I have heard that "mineral" type drinking water is good and makes a difference. I suppose that water seeping from an organic compost pile would be about the best.

Should I take this to mean that I could use the water from the creek behind my house? It's not one of those that just holds water. It has a stream or you could even call it a river running through it. I assume that it starts in one of the mountains close to my house. Do you think this would be better to use than distilled water?

Realistically, I'm assuming that if you can use compost water, you can use creek water. But I'd still llike some other opinions/experiences.

--------------------
Today while walking up the stairs
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
Oh how I wish he'd stay away

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Organ
Mekana Fulandolua [Re: flower_child]
    #6246199 - 11/04/06 07:06 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

lets not jump to conclusions. what about taking distilled water and addings these minerals to it?

OfflineTahoe58
adapt.....orperish.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mongolia
Re: Mekana Fulandolua [Re: LayYouIn]
    #6246640 - 11/04/06 10:56 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I have read about the use of natural water, and many people have had good results. What do you know about the discharges to that stream....upstream from your house or are you near the origin, and the discharges to the stream are only natural. That might make me feel a little more comfortable...is it relatively high up in the mountains, cuz that water generally has high O2, low TDS....and high mineral content. If I had the optionj I would probably use such water....though it might require some experimentation. I expect low flow periods in late summer, and early winter might yeild so true mountain spring water.....ahh....memories of doing my mountain goat research in the Rockies!!!

--------------------
Its all about perspective.....spend more time "being, less time "doing"

Offlineflower_child
Dawson
Male User Gallery

Re: Mekana Fulandolua [Re: Tahoe58]
    #6246741 - 11/04/06 11:22 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I figured experimentation is probably the best best. I think I'll try going half and half with this batch of jars. Half distilled and half creek water.

I don't know anything about the origins, but I'm almost certain it comes from a mountain based soley on the fact that I'm surrounded by them on all sides.

I'll be sure to post my results.

--------------------
Today while walking up the stairs
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
Oh how I wish he'd stay away

OfflineTahoe58
adapt.....orperish.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mongolia
Re: Mekana Fulandolua [Re: flower_child]
    #6246769 - 11/04/06 11:29 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

as with this hobby....experimentation is what continues the innovation forward....good luck!

--------------------
Its all about perspective.....spend more time "being, less time "doing"

OfflineOatman2000
-=Outa Space=-
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planetary Nebula
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mekana Fulandolua [Re: Tahoe58]
    #6246795 - 11/04/06 11:37 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i've used creek water. Works just the same

--------------------
Spawning to COIR
:thumbup:  My Chocolate Recipe
WBS QUART SPAWN JAR PREPERATION
----------------------------

4-PO-DMT; 4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethltryptamine

OfflineGrimTroll
Cultural Terrorist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Mekana Fulandolua [Re: Oatman2000]
    #6247246 - 11/04/06 01:28 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Tryy it!

--------------------
Now pick me up night and whirlwind and let me ride with you to peace of mind and nothing to rebel...

InvisibleToTheExtreme, LOL
That Bug up yourAss
Male

Loc: Where there's fresh powde...
Re: Mekana Fulandolua [Re: GrimTroll]
    #6247310 - 11/04/06 01:46 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I'd think that water from stillwater or backyard ponds would work really well. One of my old jobs was cleaning koi ponds and everything filthy that came out of those ponds made excellent compost. the water is very high in organic matter and micronutrients.

--------------------

What can I say??? I like this shit!!
You've been slissed!
despisedicon said:
We all know the reasons why 50 Cent and Korn are gay faggots. You suck at life and I'm not talking about the board game fella.

OfflineGrogan
Shroomieologist
 User Gallery

Re: Mekana Fulandolua [Re: ToTheExtreme, LOL]
    #6247482 - 11/04/06 02:33 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Things like this need to be tried tested verified then put in some kinda optimize your grow results log thing..

--------------------
"Maybe a cow occasionally ate a shroom, but it certainly wouldn't be such a potent shroom that the cow would be trippin balls. " LOL

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds