Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGreat_Cthulhu
enthusiast

Loc: R'lyeh
Papaver somniferum seeds in supermarkets?
    #623793 - 05/01/02 04:10 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I was curious about this being new on the subject. I have looked within several stores including Wal-Mart for Papaver somniferum seeds as I've heard they sell them. None seem to have them. All I find is California poppy's which from what I understand are not (magic). I live in TN..anyone familiar with the laws in this area of the U.S.? I was thinking they perhaps had some ban on even growing them for culinary or gardening purposes and that's the reason I cannot find them.
..another question...if they are sold in supermarkets why on earth would someone waste the time to order them online ? :smile: 

--------------------
"That is not dead which may eternal lie..and with strange eons even death may die."
Vote Great Cthulhu for President. Why vote for a lesser evil?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Papaver somniferum seeds in supermarkets? [Re: Great_Cthulhu]
    #623822 - 05/01/02 06:08 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

"breadseed" poppy seeds are usually P. somniferum... and are usually viaible... but are generally from strains that are not bred for high alkaloid levels or for large pod size, but -- for maximum seed production... but, if they are the correct species and are not sterilized, should work fairly well... (have you been to the somniforum at www.poppies.org yet???)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Invisibleqbert
Cosmic Cutie
    #623906 - 05/01/02 09:19 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

try ebay... the BEST place for buying papaver somniferum seeds.

--------------------
Support the FSRCanada

Offlinekayaman9
enthusiast
Loc: windy city
Re: Papaver somniferum seeds in supermarkets? [Re: qbert]
    #624090 - 05/01/02 01:43 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Most supermarkets now a days have an organic section that carries the right kind of poppy. Also the only place I've seen that carries the real kind for gardening purposes was at Franks nursery and crafts.

InvisibleGreat_Cthulhu
enthusiast

Loc: R'lyeh
Re: Papaver somniferum seeds in supermarkets? [Re: kayaman9]
    #625131 - 05/02/02 06:06 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

After taking another look I found somniferum seeds in the gardening section of Walmart near the California poppys for 99 cents a pack. :smile: 

--------------------
"That is not dead which may eternal lie..and with strange eons even death may die."
Vote Great Cthulhu for President. Why vote for a lesser evil?

InvisibleEgyn
OfficioAssassinorum
    #625529 - 05/03/02 08:12 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Check out "Opium for the Masses" by Jim Hogshire. He talks of getting seeds from the supermarket. Only the Papaver somniferum seeds are used for food. From the testing the Hogshire apparently did, the supermarket seeds will normally have a fairly high germination rate. The seeds usually come from cultivators in Tasmania or Turkey, the two main countries that grow opium poppies legally in the world.

--------------------
Pain is an illusion of the senses,
Dispare an illusion of the mind.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals