Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

9/11 update on Silverstein's insurance claim
    #6235148 - 11/01/06 01:40 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: 9/11 update on Silverstein's insurance claim [Re: Hank, FTW]
    #6235188 - 11/01/06 01:52 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

"Silverstein had argued that because two planes hit the Twin Towers on Sept. 11, 2001, he was eligible to collect twice from the 23 companies that had insured the sprawling lower Manhattan complex."

classic jew

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: 9/11 update on Silverstein's insurance claim [Re: barfightlard]
    #6235445 - 11/01/06 03:14 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

barfightlard said:
"Silverstein had argued that because two planes hit the Twin Towers on Sept. 11, 2001, he was eligible to collect twice from the 23 companies that had insured the sprawling lower Manhattan complex."

classic jew

It was a sound argument. The insurance companies said no. They must have been "Classic Jews" too. Anyway, the "Classic Jews" ended up in court, with mixed results but mostly in favor of the "Classic insurance Jews", as opposed to the "Classic policyholder Jew". Your post strikes me as one written by a "Classic Ignoramus", although that is surely incorrect. Just an impression. I have no doubt that were you in Silverstein's shoes you would have happily settled with the insurance companies for whatever they said they wanted to pay. Because you are not a "Classic Jew".

Where do these fucking people come from

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: 9/11 update on Silverstein's insurance claim [Re: zappaisgod]
    #6235571 - 11/01/06 03:51 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

what is so sound about it?

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#6235645 - 11/01/06 04:11 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

It was a sleezy argument if you ask me, but that is besides the point. I probably would have tried the same thing.....well I don't know, maybe if 3000 people weren't killed.

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #6235675 - 11/01/06 04:26 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I would have tried it even if 10 million people died.

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

Re: 9/11 update on Silverstein's insurance claim [Re: Redstorm]
    #6236113 - 11/01/06 06:50 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

You a Jew? HAHAHAH JK......but seriously, I'm not the most moral guy around but I find something wrong with trying sleazy law tricks to gain money after a tragedy of that magnitude.

--------------------
Capliberty:

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #6236946 - 11/01/06 09:34 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not a Jew, but I am as greedy as they come.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: 9/11 update on Silverstein's insurance claim [Re: Redstorm]
    #6238640 - 11/02/06 10:59 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

There was nothing sleazy about it. Two planes; two attacks. Was there ever a possibility that one fire would destroy both buildings? Not really. And if it was a ridiculous legal claim it would have been summarily dismissed. But it wasn't. It went to a jury trial, which was well deliberated and Silverstein lost. That one. He won some others. Whatever, the idiotic argument that insurance companies shouldn't have to pay the full amount of the policy because people died is so utterly assinine as to beggar belief.

--------------------

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#6238651 - 11/02/06 11:03 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

It was one event. If I get in a car accident where there is a pile up, can I collect triple I am hit by 3 cars? No, I collect on the damage done. Like he did, he wanted to collect double the insurance by saying it was two incidents.

Trying to milk money from human carnage is asinine and disgusting.

--------------------
Capliberty:

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #6238835 - 11/02/06 11:51 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

> can I collect triple I am hit by 3 cars?

If you own two banks, side by side, and both banks get robbed by the same gang of bank robbers at the same time, should insurance cover only one theft, or both?

> Trying to milk money from human carnage is asinine and disgusting.

I fail to see how collecting on insurance has anything at all to do with milking money from human carnage.

OfflineAldous
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: inside my skull
Re: 9/11 update on Silverstein's insurance claim [Re: Seuss]
    #6239097 - 11/02/06 12:55 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I don't really see what the heart of the matter is here. Were those Twin Towers insured as a single building? Was the whole complex insured for a global sum? Does anyone know what the policy said?

No matter how many 'events' there were, I guess the insurance companies should logically pay for the damage if anything can be repaired, and pay the full estimated value if the insured property is considered total loss (which would certainly apply in this case). I really don't get the "how many events" controversy.  :confused:

If the whole complex was insured for around 3.2 billion $, I don't see how Silverstein could collect twice that sum. If every tower was insured for that value, of course he should collect it twice. Is this a matter of badly written insurance policies or what? Can anyone explain this?

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

Re: 9/11 update on Silverstein's insurance claim [Re: Seuss]
    #6239311 - 11/02/06 01:44 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> can I collect triple I am hit by 3 cars?

If you own two banks, side by side, and both banks get robbed by the same gang of bank robbers at the same time, should insurance cover only one theft, or both?

> Trying to milk money from human carnage is asinine and disgusting.

I fail to see how collecting on insurance has anything at all to do with milking money from human carnage.

He collected his insurance, he wanted to collect double on a sleazy technicality.

--------------------
Capliberty:

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#6239903 - 11/02/06 03:49 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

If you own two cars and they are separately struck by two other cars is it one accident? Really, you need to make an effort, because everything you have said has been pretty moronic, from the jew baiting to the ridiculous notion that because people died he isn't due payment from an insurance co. for his loss to the equally ludicrous notion that it was a slam dunk case. What is wrong with you? Do you own an insurance co.?

--------------------

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#6240185 - 11/02/06 04:51 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

You are still not getting it. He got his insurance. He wanted DOUBLE. So take your hypothetical situation and times it by 2, thats what he wants to collect.

--------------------
Capliberty:

Offlinemack_tasticlies
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6240195 - 11/02/06 04:54 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I see what you are saying, if even though the way it was stated was inept. He got his rightful due on the tragedy that was 9/11. What is your fucking point? That he devised this dastardly event so tha he may collect "double", on his buildings?

If so, then fth, get it?

probably ot.

Edited by mack_tasticlies (11/02/06 05:00 PM)

Offlineapexpredator
Stranger
    #6240232 - 11/02/06 05:05 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Was each plane an attack? What about gravity, Moshe should get some money for that. Ohhh the travesty! What with the holocaust and all. I hope that no anti-Semites here dare to question his double reimbursement. I guess this didn't constitute an "Act of War" either, eh Shlomo?

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

Re: 9/11 update on Silverstein's insurance claim [Re: mack_tasticlies]
    #6240248 - 11/02/06 05:10 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

No. He is trying to get double what is actually due, through technicalities.

Nobody is saying he orchestrated the attacks. Prior knowledge? Perhaps, the timing for everything was very suspicious.

--------------------
Capliberty:

Offlinemack_tasticlies
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: 9/11 update on Silverstein's insurance claim [Re: apexpredator]
    #6240254 - 11/02/06 05:12 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

has my mood changed?

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

Re: 9/11 update on Silverstein's insurance claim [Re: mack_tasticlies]
    #6240259 - 11/02/06 05:13 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

LOL

--------------------
Capliberty:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom