Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
The Proof of the Pudding
    #6232405 - 10/31/06 06:21 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

"The proof of the pudding is the eating."
~Miguel de Cervantes, in Don Quixote

In other words, it is the results that matter, not the "ingredients" or beliefs/intentions.  One may profess to believe that the most important thing is love, or peace, or family, but when their actions consistently belie these beliefs,  the "proof" fails.

Perhaps we intend to be "good" people, and to live our lives according to our concept of "good" behavior.  How often do those intentions go astray?  The human tendency is to justify or excuse these detours from our original course: "I was upset," "She provoked me," "It was sitting right there where ANYONE could steal it!"  We use these excuses to maintain our self-concept, and to avoid noticing the taste of our pudding.  :tongue:

When I take a step back from myself, I can see where I do this, too.  I claim that I don't spend enough time with my kids because I am too busy, but I have time to post here...lousy pudding.  I stopped working out because of my crazy work schedule, but the truth is that I am home during the hour I used to spend exercising, and I JUST DON'T DO IT.  Yuck, that pudding tastes like crap.

What do you think?  How does your pudding taste today?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: The Proof of the Pudding [Re: Veritas]
    #6232418 - 10/31/06 06:25 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Please don't make me go there.  :shake:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: The Proof of the Pudding [Re: Icelander]
    #6232471 - 10/31/06 06:39 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Please don't make me go there.  :shake:

:lol:

I was thinking the same thing. :shocked:

I will re-read your post and consider how I will respond to it. :wink:

:levitate:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: The Proof of the Pudding [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6232522 - 10/31/06 06:52 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

For an example that is related to one of yours, any number of stuff that I don't have time to do agansit the time I spend on here. It isn't a question of making up excuses for why the other stuff does not happen, just whether or not they should be neglected when the time spent on the Shroomery could be utilized to accomplish the other stuff.

The taste of the pudding today reflects the fact that I do not effectively manage my life situation, either due to the fact that I concern myself with more activities/projects (best represents what I'm referring to) than I have time to dedicate to them, or that I make poor decisions on how I am to spend my time and energy in relation to these activities/projects.

For instance, for whatever reason, I always feel compelled to stay awake, especially when I am the most tired. That alone works agansit me to a great degree. :wtf:

:levitate:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #6232597 - 10/31/06 07:09 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I am extremely happy with just a minor caveat. In every area of my life I am growing. I am implementing changes that WILL be permanent. My work, health, personal life, and spiritual life are all coming into alignment. I realize that some days I am more capable than others, but my progress is forward. I do not intend to look back.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #6232621 - 10/31/06 07:12 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

"Perhaps we intend to be "good" people, and to live our lives according to our concept of "good" behavior."

Don't even try that. Most people's concept of "good behavior" is twisted and warped with years of baggage. Don't try to be "good"....but be "good enough"

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #6234144 - 11/01/06 08:00 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

MMmmmhh...pudding :drooling:
I am sure redgreen will bring some ice cream and me some fresh cranberry marmalade to the 'party' :laugh:
:heart:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom