Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTahoe58
adapt.....orperish.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mongolia
UPDATE Day 18 PF cakes fully colonized....the path forward?
    #6223624 - 10/29/06 11:32 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

ok, so far so good, I'll post pics later tonight, but a fully colonized cake is a cake is a cake, right?! what's to see? Anywho, I have been reading in the down time, and I am leaning towards crumble and casing, or maybe crumble (spawn) and substrate. All this material and opinions of if you really want to increase yield (and some say potency too) that casing or spawn/substrate is the only way to go. or is it really important to get the pinning, fruiting of cakes done and complete - purely from the instructional and educational perspective? My current thoughts are to use a PMP in either case of leaving as cakes, crumble/case, or crumble (spawn)/substrate. So I am prepared for whatever, I guess I just need to make up my mind which way to go....thoughts, criticsm, opinions, suggestions....all welcome.

--------------------
Its all about perspective.....spend more time "being, less time "doing"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Tahoe58]
    #6223657 - 10/29/06 11:44 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: UPDATE Day 18 PF cakes fully colonized....the path forward? [Re: ] * 1
    #6223686 - 10/29/06 12:02 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Spawn them to something,hpoo if you can get it or coir seem to be the general favorites here,I have used hpoo with GREAT results and will be giving coir a try to to see the difference for myself,Cakes make me want to  :psycho: and than :slitwrist:

OfflineTahoe58
adapt.....orperish.....
Male User Gallery

Re: UPDATE Day 18 PF cakes fully colonized....the path forward? [Re: Blutjager]
    #6223713 - 10/29/06 12:14 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

thanks you guys...another Q....in either process, do you still dunk the cakes for 12-24hrs to rehydrate them, I expect this is a good idea, but wanted to make sure and check - the point being that you want the cake or substrate to be as adequately and appropriately hydrated as possible right??

--------------------

OfflineTahoe58
adapt.....orperish.....
Male User Gallery

Re: UPDATE Day 18 PF cakes fully colonized....PICS [Re: Tahoe58]
    #6225233 - 10/29/06 08:22 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Well now I will wait a couple of days...and onto the next step!  Thank you all for your help, patience, and advice!! :gethigh:

--------------------

Offlineheadieherbs
originalgangster (oflove)
 User Gallery

Loc: around the bend
Re: UPDATE Day 18 PF cakes fully colonized....PICS [Re: Tahoe58]
    #6225636 - 10/29/06 10:33 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

word. i agree with Freq. I have had the best results stickin the cakes straight in the FC. I'm assuming this is your first grow, it's mine too, I had some toubles with dunked and rolled cakes, they haven't taken off yet, but I spotted my first pins on my undunked cakes earlier today. 1 month to the day of inoculation.

--------------------
please don't take away my highway shoes..

Write In Your Vote.com - US Politics. For the People, by the People.

Everything posted by the user(s) Headieherbs is either an outright lie or a work of complete fiction

InvisibleToTheExtreme, LOL
That Bug up yourAss
Male

Loc: Where there's fresh powde...
Re: UPDATE Day 18 PF cakes fully colonized....PICS [Re: headieherbs]
    #6225666 - 10/29/06 10:41 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

shit man, spawn those to poo and get a massive harvest! if you're gonna do str8 cakes double stack em is what I heard. I'll try to find the thread.

--------------------

What can I say??? I like this shit!!
You've been slissed!
despisedicon said:
We all know the reasons why 50 Cent and Korn are gay faggots. You suck at life and I'm not talking about the board game fella.

Edited by slissbox (10/29/06 10:43 PM)

Offlineheadieherbs
originalgangster (oflove)
 User Gallery

Loc: around the bend
Re: UPDATE Day 18 PF cakes fully colonized....PICS [Re: ToTheExtreme, LOL]
    #6225731 - 10/29/06 11:18 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I'm interested in this double stacking action.....

--------------------
please don't take away my highway shoes..

Write In Your Vote.com - US Politics. For the People, by the People.

Everything posted by the user(s) Headieherbs is either an outright lie or a work of complete fiction

OfflineTahoe58
adapt.....orperish.....
Male User Gallery

Re: UPDATE Day 18 PF cakes fully colonized....PICS [Re: headieherbs]
    #6226160 - 10/30/06 10:17 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

thanks guys......yup this is my first gro.....feeling pretty lucky so far....and have been thinking about spawning to poo.....was ready to do that....then we got a dump of snow over the last two days.....so I am thinking maybe worm castings? with coir and verm....any thoughts?

What I might do is double stack 4 (2X2) and maybe for the the other two spawn to whatever I come up with??

--------------------

OfflineTahoe58
adapt.....orperish.....
Male User Gallery

Re: UPDATE Day 18 PF cakes fully colonized....DUNKING [Re: Tahoe58]
    #6228998 - 10/30/06 10:17 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

well, tonight I took the plunge (no pun intended) birthed my cakes and they are dunking in the fridge as the moment. Tomorrow afternoon, I will place in the FC, 4 as cakes and will crumble/case one, and spawn the other.

Upon opening the lids, got that sweet fresh mushroom smell....truly heaven! Unreal.....so now we'll see how things go from here.....

--------------------

OfflineTahoe58
adapt.....orperish.....
Male User Gallery

Re: UPDATE Day 20 - PF cakes fully colonized/dunked....into PMP for pinning/fruiting [Re: Tahoe58]
    #6233219 - 10/31/06 10:05 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

well here's four cakes, dunked for 24 hours, rolled and double end cased and into the PMP with 2 airstones and aquarium heater.  Temp is 67F and rising (set for 70F), and RH is 94%....now we'll wait and see.

I have to mention it again, but the sweet fresh mushroom smell of those cakes is just sooooo tantilizing.....I can't wait!!! :gangsta:

--------------------

OfflineTahoe58
adapt.....orperish.....
Male User Gallery

Re: UPDATE Day 20 - PF cakes fully colonized/dunked....last two cakes crumbled with coir [Re: Tahoe58]
    #6233997 - 11/01/06 05:36 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

well, I have taken the last two cakes, and crumbled them, mixing them with coir/used coffee grounds, and put into individual containers with lids, placed them into the incubation chamber (82F) to recover and grow myc.  I placed a thin layer of straight coir on top.  Guess we see where it goes from here.

Summary - 6 jars of rye flour/verm, inoculated on October 11th, 6 cakes dunked for 24 hours on the 30th, 4 cakes rolled and double end cased and placxed in PMP @ 70F and 99% RH, 2 cakes crumbled with coir and coffee grounds on the 31st. Pinning and Fruiting?.....we'll keep you posted.  Munching and Tripping....very shortly thereafter!!! :bouncysmoke:

I feel very good about this first effort to gro my own mushies.  I have been able to indentify a couple of things that I will certainly do differently...my first lessons learned for sure!  The understanding and patience, help, and continued guidance and encouragement have been awesome.  I couldn't have done this without all of you pitching in. :bow:  Hopefully I will be able to post some more pics of what's happening soon. :gethigh:

--------------------

OfflineTahoe58
adapt.....orperish.....
Male User Gallery

Re: UPDATE 23 - PF cakes fully colonized/dunked....good progress.....myc growing everywhere! [Re: Tahoe58]
    #6244850 - 11/03/06 07:47 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

well here we go, down the stretch, into the third and fourth turns, and on the home stretch....good myc growing on the cakes (70F 99% RH) and forced air wiuth aquarium pump and heater.  Luv my setup....very slick.  The crumbled cakes in coir and coffee are taking off like gangbusters.  I'm pretty excited.....yea....ya think?!  I take some pictures when there is more to show. :bouncysmoke:

Oh and BTW......whose the fucking idiot that made the decision to do 250ml cakes....that's a fuckin quarter pint, not a half pint.  listen man, how could you be so fucking stupid?!?!  another stoner moment bites the dust.  23 days, and not one freakin thought that oh you picked the wrong freakin jars man!....LOL ROFL  LMAOROFL  you fucking idiot....hahahahahaha :gethigh: :gethigh: :gethigh: :gethigh: :gethigh: :gethigh:

--------------------

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
Re: UPDATE 23 - PF cakes fully colonized/dunked....good progress.....myc growing everywhere! [Re: Tahoe58]
    #6245173 - 11/03/06 09:34 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i moved up from straight cakes to spawning cakes to poo about a year ago now.

the potency difference is extremely noticeable.

poo shrooms are much more potent. for me they seem to be jam packed with all the great aspects of a fantastic mushroom trip.

shrooms from straight cakes are much edgyier, the come up more uncomfortable as well as the rest of the trip.

poo shrooms are a more fuller trippier experience with less edgieness imho.

OfflineTahoe58
adapt.....orperish.....
Male User Gallery

Re: UPDATE 23 - PF cakes fully colonized/dunked....good progress.....myc growing everywhere! [Re: Shnezbit]
    #6245203 - 11/03/06 09:44 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

:cool: cool interesting take....I'll keep that in mind.  I crumbled the two cuz I thought I should try and see what I can do to improve the yeild, and had heard the potency thing too.  But whatever happens, I'm happy....the fact that I am this far along in my gro...and so far so good.....this is going to be a very cool hobby, with substantial side benefits....LOL :rockon:

--------------------

Offlinecubeladd
Stranger
Loc: Sunny ol' England
Re: UPDATE 23 - PF cakes fully colonized/dunked....good progress.....myc growing everywhere! [Re: Shnezbit]
    #6245413 - 11/03/06 10:37 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shnezbit said:
i moved up from straight cakes to spawning cakes to poo about a year ago now.

the potency difference is extremely noticeable.

poo shrooms are much more potent. for me they seem to be jam packed with all the great aspects of a fantastic mushroom trip.

shrooms from straight cakes are much edgyier, the come up more uncomfortable as well as the rest of the trip.

poo shrooms are a more fuller trippier experience with less edgieness imho.

Have you spawned to any other media besides hpoo? Like the 50/50 verm/peat moss casing mixture fgor example... Guess I want to know how do other grains/casings compare as far as end potency is concerned?

--------------------
"The only thing I'm high on is Love for my Son and Daughters. Yes, a little LSD is all I need."
-Marge Simpson

OfflineTahoe58
adapt.....orperish.....
Male User Gallery

Re: UPDATE 23 - PF cakes fully colonized/dunked....good progress.....myc growing everywhere! [Re: cubeladd]
    #6245428 - 11/03/06 10:44 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

it appears there are those that swear by it, and others with not so good outcome. I am only on day three from start of incubating spawned substrate (coir/coffee). Look pretty good so far, fingers crossed, Myc is growing madly so I am keeping my eyes on it to make sure I transfer to the FC at the right time.

--------------------

Offlinecubeladd
Stranger
    #6245455 - 11/03/06 10:53 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Tahoe58 said:
it appears there are those that swear by it, and others with not so good outcome. I am only on day three from start of incubating spawned substrate (coir/coffee). Look pretty good so far, fingers crossed, Myc is growing madly so I am keeping my eyes on it to make sure I transfer to the FC at the right time.

Coffee, now that's an interesting one. I read something the other day regarding using coffee in BRF/verm cakes to speed up colonization, I'm guessing that's why you're using it with your casing material right? If so do yoiu think it should work with the 50/50 Peat moss/verm tek?

--------------------
"The only thing I'm high on is Love for my Son and Daughters. Yes, a little LSD is all I need."
-Marge Simpson

OfflineTahoe58
adapt.....orperish.....
Male User Gallery

Re: UPDATE 23 - PF cakes fully colonized/dunked....good progress.....myc growing everywhere! [Re: cubeladd]
    #6245486 - 11/03/06 11:02 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

its supposed to provide the nitrogen, good myc food. I'm totally new to this....but have been reading a lot....working my way through what some folks have put 20-30 years into experimentation - we are the benefactors of their efforts. There are so many different ways to do things, you somehow have to arrive at an approach, methodology, and equipment needs that suits your own build. I ended up starting with what everyone said is THE way to get started....I am not disappointed at all, but I do realize now that the yeilds will not likely be much to call home about?! Guess we'll see.

--------------------

Offlinecubeladd
Stranger
    #6245570 - 11/03/06 11:36 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Would be interested to hear how the addition of coffee to your casing layer works out for you. Best of luck mate! :laugh:

--------------------
-Marge Simpson

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix