Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAlprazolom
Misfit
Female

Loc: Manchester
Cobweb questions and pics of isolated jars
    #6221266 - 10/28/06 03:34 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I isolated these jars early on. They are all chitwan strain. I got the syringe for free w/ my EQs. None of the EQ jars looked like this even though preperation / technique was the same. Due to the greyish tint and speed of colonization, I figured it was cobweb and tossed them aside for a few weeks.

Questions:
If you spray mycelium w/ hydrogen peroxide directly, is it supposed to fizz and bubble, or does only cobweb do that? I had two PF tek jars that I sprayed directly with H2O2 and they fizzed (much like soda does when you pour it) a little. I am dunking those cakes right now but after the fizzing, they don't look fully colonized.

That being said, I have another question. How does cobweb harm the mycelium? Does it directly kill it or does it drain it of nutes?

Last question: Is micropore tape a decent filter? Would two holes covered with micropore tape on a WBS (or LC) jar be sufficient? One of the jars above has that lid setup. The other two use both polyfil, in the middle, and tyvek under the lid.

--------------------

My first grow. Thanks all.

Edited by Alprazolom (10/28/06 05:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Cobweb questions and pics of isolated jars [Re: Alprazolom]
    #6221328 - 10/28/06 03:57 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

It doesn't look like cobweb, but rather some other mold.

Most organic materials will 'bubble up' when hit with peroxide, including mushroom mycelium. Cobweb mold will melt on contact and actually disappear.

Those corn jars are toast, so PC first if you want to open them and clean out for reuse, or simply toss them out, jar and all.

Cobweb IS mycelium, just of a different species than the mushroom mycelium you want. It grows very fast and overwhelms the mushroom mycelium, killing it, or throwing it into dormancy. Peroxide will kill Dactylium by melting it on contact if sprayed onto a casing layer, but it won't help with molds in jars.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineAlprazolom
Misfit
Female

Loc: Manchester
Re: Cobweb questions and pics of isolated jars [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6221607 - 10/28/06 05:57 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the reply.

This isn't cobweb? Does anyone have any idea what it can be? I'm definitely going to be tossing the jars, but I'm just curious what it might be. I want to learn more about it.

The jar in the above two pics used a different lid from the other two jars. It had two holes, both micropore taped.

Could anyone answer my question about micropore tape. Is it sufficient? because I am going to be attempting some LCs soon and will probably be using it to tape up the 4 inoc holes on my lids (I'm reusing jars I previously used for cakes).

--------------------

My first grow. Thanks all.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Cobweb questions and pics of isolated jars [Re: Alprazolom]
    #6222390 - 10/28/06 11:06 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

You should use polyfill, tyvek, or a synthetic filter disk.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures