Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinetripballs000
What Do You WantTo Call Me
Male

Loc: south california
man made or natural drugs?
    #6215748 - 10/26/06 09:38 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

what do you guys prefer, or maybe both,  personally i like the natural with maybe 1 man made, but what do you  guys think??? :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:

--------------------
:mushroom2:-blaze forever-happy shrooming-live life-:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAcyl
cyanidepoisoning
Male User Gallery

Loc: N.W.T.
Re: man made or natural drugs? [Re: tripballs000]
    #6215755 - 10/26/06 09:40 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Sigh.. chemicals are chemicals.. be it manmade or natural.

Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

Loc: ethereality
    #6215756 - 10/26/06 09:40 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

there is no such things a synthetic, everything finds its roots in nature.

--------------------
Asshole

InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: man made or natural drugs? [Re: Acyl]
    #6215759 - 10/26/06 09:41 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

+1/2

Offlinen0xious
SPUN
Male User Gallery

Loc: London
Re: man made or natural drugs? [Re: TYL3R]
    #6215764 - 10/26/06 09:42 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

yeah.
drugs = drugs

--------------------
Its only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything.

You got the gun, I got a plant. Who's the criminal?

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
    #6215780 - 10/26/06 09:46 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

In this order...

1. Marijuana
2. Shrooms
3. Tobacco
4. Whiskey or Guinness
5. Percocet

I limit myself to 5 "drugs", mostly natural. The percs are only once in awhile, and never more than 20mg. They help me play poker, so I call them Pokercets. :smile:

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
    #6215798 - 10/26/06 09:48 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I like my weedz, I like my booze... I like my blowz, I like my LSD, I like mine mushrooms.

--------------------

InvisibleMezcal
    #6215803 - 10/26/06 09:49 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I hate this argument, as it generally stems from hippy-dippy cracked out pot-head logic, but personally I prefer drugs that are synthesized to be pure; dosage is exact and consistent, there are no unknown variables, and generally they are more potent and inexpensive!

Of course, nothing really measures up to a good cactus trip, an ayahuasca brew, a really fine wine or the very occasional puff of hashish...

OfflineSilentG
Stranger thanfiction

Re: man made or natural drugs? [Re: Acyl]
    #6215822 - 10/26/06 09:52 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MusicMyRock said:
Sigh.. chemicals are chemicals.. be it manmade or natural.

:thumbup:

"I never met a drug I didn't like"

well... not entirely true, I once had a several year long spat with salvia, but we made up since then.

--------------------
Yes, I could go drive somewhere everytime the urge to defecate hits, but...where's the fun in that.
-Moth

Invisiblephalloidin

Re: man made or natural drugs? [Re: Mezcal]
    #6215983 - 10/26/06 10:24 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

snyder said:
I hate this argument, as it generally stems from hippy-dippy cracked out pot-head logic

There's actually a reasonably sound logic behind this argument, and that is that there is simply a shit-ton more empirical evidence as to potential dangers of "natural" drugs which have a long history of use. Drugs like 2c-I or some of the other new RC's simply haven't been around long enough to rule out possible adverse side effects. That doesn't necessarily make them dangerous, but only time will really tell.

InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#6216004 - 10/26/06 10:28 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

A good disscussion could be made.

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
    #6216014 - 10/26/06 10:30 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

My cat holds a gun to my head, then he makes me do Mushrooms and Cannabis. :wink:

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Edited by Brainiac (10/26/06 10:31 PM)

OfflineSilentG
Stranger thanfiction

Re: man made or natural drugs? [Re: phalloidin]
    #6216048 - 10/26/06 10:36 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MrTryptastic said:
Quote:

snyder said:
I hate this argument, as it generally stems from hippy-dippy cracked out pot-head logic

There's actually a reasonably sound logic behind this argument, and that is that there is simply a shit-ton more empirical evidence as to potential dangers of "natural" drugs which have a long history of use. Drugs like 2c-I or some of the other new RC's simply haven't been around long enough to rule out possible adverse side effects. That doesn't necessarily make them dangerous, but only time will really tell.

That's a good point regarding more recent synthetics, but MDMA and other methamphetamines and cocaine all have a pretty long history of use. I think their long-term effects are fairly well documented between research and anecdotal evidence.

What bugs me is that often the term "natural" is implied to mean "harmless" because the person has a bias against or for a drug. As if hemlock, arsenic, alcohol and many other toxins aren't natural or something.

--------------------
Yes, I could go drive somewhere everytime the urge to defecate hits, but...where's the fun in that.
-Moth

Invisiblephalloidin

Re: man made or natural drugs? [Re: SilentG]
    #6216085 - 10/26/06 10:43 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

yeah, the real distinguishing factor is how long and how extensively a drug has been used, not whether something is "natural" or "synthetic".

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Male User Gallery

#6216103 - 10/26/06 10:46 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I'm talking man-made as in the creepy dude up the street, or some 15 year old with a chemistry set. My point in natural is I feel safer because I can SEE what it is.

Weed looks like weed, and active shrooms are easy enough to ID. Whiskey and Guinness are clearly labeled, as are cigarettes (which I am trying to quit). Percs are also clearly labeled and I know my source is solid.

I would NEVER snort "white powder" unless I actually made it myself. Same with all these chemical tonics you guys do... I am not comfortable with an assumption of what the drug is, no matter how confident.

People buy random pills/tabs/powder at concerts and I shudder.

InvisibleMezcal
    #6216120 - 10/26/06 10:50 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MrTryptastic said:
Quote:

snyder said:

Regarding the "reasonably sound logic", this is a common logical fallacy... and a pretty weak argument at best. It's called an argument from ignorance and it states that because we don't know the outcome of A and we know something about the B, A could be worse than B, and therefore it is true that A is worse than B. The fact is, rather, that there is plenty of evidence that natural drugs like alcohol, nicotene, marijuana, et cetera, are all highly carcinogenic as well as being bad for the brain, heart, lungs, circulatory system, etc.

There is no evidence that commonly used analog/recreational synthetic drugs have these properties. In terms of a health standpoint, I will not recommend that anybody use 2C-I on a daily basis in the same way that somebody uses a glass of wine or a beer, but I think in terms of common use patterns, commonly used synthetic drugs (like lsd, heroin, mdma, amphetamine, etc) are all relatively safe, especially if taken in a regulated fashion. Tobacco absolutely isn't.

But I think we can both agree that there's really no "healthy use" of any drug.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

Edited by snyder (10/26/06 10:56 PM)

Invisiblephalloidin

#6216193 - 10/26/06 11:01 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I never once argued that A has any bearing on B or vice versa. Nor did I argue that "natural" or "synthetic" in it of itself has any bearing on the safety or danger of a substance. My argument was simply that the longer a drug has been used, the more evidence accumulates as to its dangers. "Natural" drugs have just been conveniently around for way longer than many "synthetic."

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
    #6216198 - 10/26/06 11:03 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Everyone knows datura is the safest thing next to babywipes.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

OfflineSilentG
Stranger thanfiction

Re: man made or natural drugs? [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #6216237 - 10/26/06 11:17 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Oh I definitely respect caution when using any drugs, and that's also a good point about there being a clear label on alcohol and pharmaceuticals.

I'm curious about adulterants in weed though. I'm sure stuff like wet is pretty obvious, but what about trace herbicides, fungicides, and pesticides used on commercial crops? I doubt bulk bud manufacturers all care about the safety of their product, and I have no clue if anyone could even notice a difference in taste or appearance.

Besides intentional adulterants, there's always the potential for hazardous mold too. Usually you notice it, but it's possible to miss some I suppose.

I'm just saying that there's an element of risk in all drugs, and sometimes you just have to take a chance if you're wanting to indulge. It's a shame that this shit isn't regulated - but it's not like the foods we eat today are terribly safe anyhow either.

But yeah, when I was younger and I'd buy tabs from random dudes at raves, or pick up glass from a friend of a friend I really just figured that dealers want/need repeat business for safety's sake. Poisoning your clientelle is just bad business, so I assumed that usually the risks were minimal if I just watched out for obvious bad shit. For example - really clear meth in very large shards was almost universally clean (by comparison). I'd never touch nasty, gooey, sticky, powdered shit ever.

In the end I figure the proof's in the pudding - I never had horrible shaking come downs after doing glass (probably the riskiest shit I did much of), so I think it's pretty likely what I got was about as good as it gets. The people I hooked up echoed that sentiment too.

--------------------
-Moth

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Male User Gallery

#6217129 - 10/27/06 07:51 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

You can tell if weed is moldy... if you can't detect it, then it's not enough to matter. But inhaling mold spores is a daily thing anyway, right? Plus, after the Bic treatment any miniscule amount would be destroyed.

As far as pesticides... I'm lucky enough to get indoor. :smile:

The worst thing you get in weed is the asshole grower who doesn't flush the plants towards the end, and they are still full of nasty tasting nutes. Phooey on you... bad grower!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract