Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Panaeolus subbalteatus (PICS)
    #621136 - 04/28/02 07:45 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

It hasn't rained for a while around here so my fields are drying out. Most the subbs I picked this week have been sun faded and dried out a bit. The classic band around the margin of the cap is only partially visible on some of the mushrooms, it fades quickly. I did however notice a decent bit of bluing on half the mushrooms I found. Its not a lot of blue but its definitely there. They seem to be a bit more potent earlier in season.

They're not the best pics, was kinda in a hurry and there wasn't all that great of specimens to photograph in the first place.

You can see a few of the mushrooms in this pic with a faint blue color at the base of the stems.

Note: bluing at base of stem.

LK,

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecardboard
digitalautomatedansweringmachine

Loc: pac northwest
Re: Panaeolus subbalteatus (PICS) [Re: Lizard King]
    #621215 - 04/28/02 10:32 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

very nice LK. I like those sunbaked subs, they got a nice look to them. I got a question for ya LK, something that has been wearing on my mind. You mushooom picking season seems to be pretty much year round between the sub, cubies and weilli. Is this the case??? I always say that washington state is supperior mushroom hunting but shit if your picking different species year round i might just have to move east. Again, great pictures, keep up the great work.

--------------------
stay off my land

OfflineNewHunter
help
Loc: Washington
Re: Panaeolus subbalteatus (PICS) [Re: cardboard]
    #621363 - 04/28/02 01:10 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

are those growing out of horse shit LK?

--------------------
RAIN^^^RAIN^^^RAIN^^^RAIN^^^RAIN

Offlinemissstinkypinky
Stranger
Loc: Bellevue, Washington
Re: Panaeolus subbalteatus (PICS) [Re: Lizard King]
    #621496 - 04/28/02 04:39 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Real nice LK, A great score and really nice photos, especially the lone specimen insomeones hand with the bluing a the bottom of the stem.

One time on Maui at the 3200 meter altitude on the volcanic slopes of Haleakala, I found one large Panaeolus subbalteatus the size of a large cubie cap. The stem was a silvery watery looking color similar to P. antillarum in age. The stem was three quarters blue with the silver look. It was from Cow dung.

From the looks of the manure, a lot of hay or in the shit, thus the home for the spores most likely.

Anyway, complimemts on the find and photography.\

ms

--------------------
I'm Hot - Your Not

Edited by missstinkypinky (04/28/02 11:28 PM)

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Panaeolus subbalteatus (PICS) [Re: missstinkypinky]
    #622031 - 04/29/02 06:56 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

heh, cardboard, yeah it does seem almost year round :smile: The cubes start in late march early april and fruit through december, the Pan subbs start in april and fruit through october, the Ps. weilii start in june and fruit through november, and atlantis and the new species I found fruit from june through october. So I have about 3 maybe 4 months of no picking to endure, nothing a good picker can't save for so he doesn't run out of magic during the off months :smile:

Yes, these are growing from horse dung.

Thanks for the kind words misspinky :smile: I also think the source of the spores is the hay brought in to feed the horses, even cubensis pop up from time to time in this field, lots of spores come in on hay.

Yeah, the bluing on some of these subbs really suprised me this year, never seen but 2 subbs ever  blue at the base, now its every other mushroom!

LK,,

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale