Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletranced2
the runner of it all

Loc: where peace reigns
BUSTED!
    #619225 - 04/26/02 08:08 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Someone in a city near mine ordered up some p.c. spores, and started to grow them, the cops found that he had ordered the spores and when he started to grow them he was busted.

Is this a common occurence with mushroom growers?
Any recommendations of how to avoid this?

Also what are the laws about p/o boxes. I am interested in ordering some a. muscaria but the site claims i must be 18+ years in age. I am certainly not that old, i am a mere 17. But seeing as the company (mailboxes etc.) holds my mail, will i have some trouble?

--------------------
in trees. fighting bears.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekhufu
Stranger
Male

Re: BUSTED! [Re: tranced2]
    #619267 - 04/26/02 08:51 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

How in the world did the cops find out that he ordered spores?

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #619274 - 04/26/02 09:00 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

> Is this a common occurence with mushroom growers?

No, but I think you are going to see more of it in the future as mushroom cultivation continues to grow in popularity.

> Any recommendations of how to avoid this?

Tell absolutely nobody that you are growing.  I mean nobody!!!  It is really hard to keep your mouth shut even though you are risking jail.  Your friends are going to have just as hard of time keeping their mouth shut and they aren't risking jail.  When you show up with lots of fruit be ready with a story as to where you got them... either from some trucker guy at the truckstop down the highway... or picked fresh out in the field... or whatever...

> I am interested in ordering some a. muscaria

Ick.  Why?  :smile:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibletranced2
the runner of it all

Loc: where peace reigns
Re: BUSTED! [Re: Seuss]
    #619301 - 04/26/02 09:37 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

> ick! why?

at this moment i am interested in expirementing with different things, is that logical. Have you tried it? if so, why you have such a sour response towards it?

Anyways, i am not worried, i am just worried about being under legal age. But who cares?

--------------------
in trees. fighting bears.

Invisiblevkk_
DNA Timebomb

Loc: Planet Erf, Yo.
    #619306 - 04/26/02 09:43 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

When I ate A. Muscaria my entire field of vision blurred, I couldn't see anything.
Not fun.

--------------------
I remember, the first time, I... smoked DMT.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: BUSTED! [Re: vkk_]
    #619333 - 04/26/02 10:20 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

> Not fun.

That pretty much sums it up for me too.  :smile:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinebabyshroom
addict
Loc: Florida
Re: BUSTED! [Re: Seuss]
    #619388 - 04/26/02 11:40 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know about muscaria, but I am interested in growing varieties that aren't psychoactive. Once you've experimented a while, you become caught up in all the different teks, and it becomes a challange to grow the next variety. Not to mention the fact that a mycology hobbyist would certainly grow more than p cubs. I consider growing mushrooms to be as much of a hobby as sewing, gardening, or redecorating. I do it for fun. And if anyone comes knocking on my door, they better be able to prove I am doing something other than growing various mushrooms for fun. I plan to grow edibles (among others) once I settle on a preferred, reliable tek and substrate mix for my cubs.
Two years ago I worked myself to death building a big gardening bed in my backyard to grow vegetables. I hate vegetables - gave them all away, except the baby tomatoes - I tossed those to my dogs so they could practice catching in mid-air. I grew them for the challange, the fun, the knowledge. This is no different. That wasn't illegal, and (in MY book), this isn't either.
I hate mushrooms as much as I hate tomatoes, but I do love to grow them. And yes, I enjoy the trip, once I gag them down. But the only way they're proving I eat them is to catch me with my mouth full. And if they want to prosecute, they better be able to prove I'm eating, giving or selling my little shroom buddies.

--------------------
I don't really know anyone who grows mushrooms. I just come here for fun.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #619421 - 04/26/02 12:29 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

You sure this isn't just an urban myth? Do you know the guy concerned? Has it been reported in the press? Or has someone just told you?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflinePeyotl
enthusiast
Loc: Everywhere But No Where
Re: BUSTED! [Re: Xlea321]
    #619475 - 04/26/02 01:34 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

i dont see how they could bust someone for having something thats legal. if he had said that he was going to grow them out to someone with a wire, i could believe it. the whole way they are able to do it now is because you can put the spore in a microscope and study them for educational purposes. but if you have them with intent to grow they become illegal not cause they are illegal but for intent and conspiracy.

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: BUSTED! [Re: Peyotl]
    #619477 - 04/26/02 01:37 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

There has to me more to this story. They cant get a search warrant based on spores alone.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflineCub
Loc: Northern VA
Re: BUSTED! [Re: Peyotl]
    #619481 - 04/26/02 01:42 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

The guy said that the other guy had already started to grow them... I dunno it doesn't make sense to me though because no spore vendor would ever release names to the police. It would kill their business and just be an all around nasty thing to do. If the kid really got caught I imagine it was because he was running his mouth about he was growing mushrooms, in area's with a mushroom shortage that sort of thing will spread really quickly. It sounds like a myth to me, but if it happened I'd put my money on the "He did something retarded to get himself caught" argument.

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: BUSTED! [Re: Jammer]
    #619483 - 04/26/02 01:44 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

warrant smorant. can't they nab you on probable cuase?

i also think there is more to this story.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: BUSTED! [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #619592 - 04/26/02 03:30 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

The fresh mushroom is illegal in most US states tho. In the UK it's different, the fresh mushroom is legal here, it only becomes illegal if you "prepare it for use" by drying it.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinebytal
Stranger
Loc: Canada, eh?
Re: BUSTED! [Re: Xlea321]
    #619714 - 04/26/02 06:08 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Ya thats nuts. And if you want to try different things Look into Salvia Divinorum, its supposed to be really out there. Its a mexican plant i havnt tried it yer but i intend on buying a plant next month.
Also who gives a crap about ordering amanita's I'm in canada, so I dont know aobut US laws but isnt amanita legal?

Offlinecujo7999
Space Monkey

Loc: USA; Home of "The Man"
Re: BUSTED! [Re: bytal]
    #619966 - 04/26/02 10:48 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

what is amanita?

--------------------
*This is all Fiction by the Way*

Invisiblerazer
enthusiast
Re: BUSTED! [Re: cujo7999]
    #620059 - 04/27/02 12:26 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Aminita = legal, but not fun. Can do some damage if not prepared properly. Get's you really strangely stoned.

Salvia - absolutely incredible, but its not a pot/shroom replacement, something all of its own.

Canadian Laws: I'm from Canada, so I'm familiar with these. Shrooms aren't legal, but are a lot more legal than pot. Most cops dont even care. They wont hunt you down unless you're a big big dealer. You want something totally legal to grow (that will trip you out like shrooms) try some San Pedro. Totally legal, similar to Peyote, but grows much much faster (peyote is like 30 years)

--------------------
All events stated by myself are only fictionous stories, any relations to true events are intirely coincidental.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale