Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBallsDeep
Misanthropist
Male

How does this setup look?
    #6181278 - 10/18/06 03:55 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Ok so I know there are setups using the same ideas, but I could not find one that was the same as this. Enjoy my paint renderings.

Humidity will be provided by a gutted out humidifier which will be attached to Styrofoam so that it may float at water level but still intake the water. FAE will be provided by either a small PC fan or a bit larger fan that will be sealed into the bucket along with a small vacuum HEPA filter. Of course the more chambers needed to humidify the larger I would want the bucket to be. The exhaust will lead to a suspended chamber (AKA manifold)

\

This is the main part that I found lacking in other similar type setups. I am not 100% sure, but I believe to achieve equal distribution of the humidity and FAE you need a compartment to build pressure in. After this gravity should deliver it to the rubber-maid chambers. I thought having the intake on the top opposite end of the exhaust would work the best.The exhaust is on the opposite end of the intake and are on the bottom of the chamber.

The manifold would exhaust the humidity and FAE down into (X) number of chambers. They would go through a piece of PVC piping with holes drilled in them to help provide more even distribution of humidity and fresh air. On the opposite end there would be an exhaust PVC pipe crammed with polyfill.

The reason I want to go this route is because this system would be highly automated once it is fined tuned to my preferences and would need very little fill-ups nor frequent maintenance. Along with that it can be modified to supply less/more tubs with very little effort and expense. Both of these points are highly desirable to me in what I am looking for in a setup. Humidifier and the fan will be controlled by timers which will be monitored closely prior to usage of the setup to ensure proper humidity and FAE.

This is just a quick rough draft and explanation of what I want to build. I would really appreciate it if all of you would give me your input as to what you think of the design and how it would hold up in real life. If you think of something I forgot please feel free to comment on it, I am open to any and all ideas.

--------------------
My judgment day is everyday

Edited by BallsDeep (10/18/06 04:07 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How does this setup look? [Re: BallsDeep]
    #6181292 - 10/18/06 04:23 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

how does it look ? well it looks quite complicated :wink:

using the ultrasonic and tubs you could shoot over the top and literally drown the mycelium/mushrooms
therefor being conterproductive.

if this is your first grow, id simply do a monotub check my sig,
its far less effort and does quit good :wink:

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

OfflineBallsDeep
Misanthropist
Male

Re: How does this setup look? [Re: ohmatic]
    #6181303 - 10/18/06 04:31 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

You know I thought about doing mono-tubs first but I was turned off by the idea of committing that much substrate to a single casing in fear of having something go wrong and ruining all the work I did. So mono-tubs are something I would rather have a go at once later on. I'd much rather take my chances with this and do multiple smaller casings right now. I guess I don't find it to be complicated, its like a modified giant humidifier powered to supply multiple bins.

I don't get how the casings could get splashed? They would not be under the PVC tubing.

--------------------

Edited by BallsDeep (10/18/06 04:35 AM)

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Trusted Cultivator
    #6181306 - 10/18/06 04:35 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

keep in mind that the ultrasonic/coolmist combo when coming to tubs must be precisely monitored as
drowing the mycelium can happen easy as that.

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

OfflineBallsDeep
Misanthropist
Male

Re: How does this setup look? [Re: ohmatic]
    #6181309 - 10/18/06 04:38 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

shoot on over to #cultivation so we dont have to keep going back and forth because I am having trouble understanding how that will happen.

--------------------

OfflineBallsDeep
Misanthropist
Male

#6181322 - 10/18/06 05:00 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

The only way I could see water being splashed is if there was build up of runoff in the manifold. Perhaps I could tilt the manifold slightly and run a tube going back into the bucket for runoff.

Is that what you were getting at?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix