Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
MAOis and birth control
    #6180368 - 10/17/06 08:32 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

.... not supposed to mix them right? what do any of the girls around here, or your GFs/wives, do for birthcontrol (other than condoms or abstinance, we love sex), when changing diet for ayahuacsa or other MAOi involving experiences.

any input regarding this matter would be appreciated but please provide a link or source of information if possible...

my fiancee wants to have an ayahuasca experience but is on birth control, we dont need 10 little versions of me running around that would be bad...The only reason i bring this up is because of the warning we saw on some yohimbe that we were about to order for a wormwood tea recipe i wanted to try that i found on erowid. the warning states:

WARNING:Yohimbe is also a short term MAO inhibitor and should be used with caution, especially if you have high blood pressure. Yohimbe should not be taken with any food or drink containing tyramines (cheese, chocolate, beer, aged meats, nuts, etc.). Also, do not use with anti-depressants, sedatives, antihistamines, caffeine, or amphetamines, and do not use if you are using birth control pills.

does this apply to all MAOis or is the birth control issue something directly in reaction with yohimbe. thanks for your insight everyone...

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: MAOis and birth control [Re: CosmicFunGuy]
    #6180783 - 10/17/06 10:32 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

wow please dont take offense but im pretty sure the spirit of ayahuasca is against birth control and sex should be used for its true function. its not me saying  my input is that wwhy not just use condoms tho they do suck but with ayahuacsa you have way more sense of feel and sex with a condom is not much differnt then sex with out and its way more conecting. and you feel eachothers glow and energy on each other more its just and amazing thing wow. even if the person your doing it with isnt on it too tho that does take away abit cause they dont have the hightened experiance

Btw with amanita try cooking them and making cheese eggs or something like that thats not tea.another thing could be the amount of dairy you consume i have notice cheese,milk,cream and so forth boost the effects with out a doubt sometimes causeing dizzyness due to how it all is. then you might have to consider dose you could be doesing too high :crazy2:

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Edited by thedudenj (10/17/06 10:48 PM)

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: MAOis and birth control [Re: thedudenj]
    #6181141 - 10/18/06 01:16 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

okay can somebody that understands what i was saying chip in? No offense Thedudenj, but your information is consistantly incomplete on most posts of yours I see, when dealing with my own and/or my fiancees health and safety I'm not going to trust just any yahoo with a few random tidbits of info here and there. I know your intentions are good, but there are much more qualified people to answer this and if they don't, I guess i have to go with what you have to offer as to what i said (so far nothing except wear a condom which is specifically what i asked you not suggest) and what i can dig up on my own. I prefer the voice of a community on the issue.Birth control pills stay in her system even after stopping taking them(all pills do), if they have a bad reaction with MAOis, she should stop taking her pills at least a few days before hand to cleanse her system (at least a week i would think). I'm not talking about sex on ayahuasca and ayahuaca has nothing to do with birth control, so i'm a little confused as to what you are getting at. I'm talking about her health and safety not can i fuck on this drug... I'm asking: "During her period without the pills leading up to the ayahuasca experience (i'd guess a weeks time probably would be good) what do other couples, who have the same issue when it comes to ayahuasca or other experiences involving MAOis, do?" I'm asking for people who have a similar situation to ours, preferably people with wives or long term GFs (wives and girlfriends too:)), to tell what they do. I would prefer a natural method (pennyroyal tea maybe) and the best place to get an answer for that is here.

As you can see from the warning it only warns that yohimbe is a short term MAOi and not to take birth control with yohimbe. It does not say do not take birth control with MAOis. thus leading up to my other question, "are birth control pills on the NO list, for people taking or planning to take an MAOi?"

I'm sorry that my last post seemed confusing. Hopefully my newer one will clear things up a bit.

if you have something to say about the amanitas, i would think my thread on the subject would be more appropiate than this seeing how this has nothing to do with it...

and for those of you about to point it out i see the herbal contraceptives link in the related links section, I'll check it out.

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6181153 - 10/18/06 01:24 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

upon reading the herbal contraceptives threads we've decided that is not a direction we want to take... My questions about what does everybody else do? and is the birth control warning for the yohimbe alone or MAOis in general? still stand...

thank you

--------------------

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

Loc: CT
    #6181435 - 10/18/06 06:57 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

i think you can use a condom for awhile in order to use this awahuasca. i don think that it should be too hard...or if you dont want kids, get a vasectomy. there are always options for this sort of thing.

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:
And if you are going to waste peoples time with your stupid questions, at least try to have grammar skills higher then that of a 7th grader.

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: MAOis and birth control [Re: nobhdy]
    #6181694 - 10/18/06 09:13 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

i know i can but both of us really can't stand them, abstinence is truly the better choice if i have to choose one or the other, condoms suck and are inefficient, plus at the 85% sucess rate or whatever it is, shes bound to get knocked up.

as for the vasectomy, they are sometimes reversable and we have thought about this, i hate the idea of her taking pharms. but if the reversal was failed we could never have kids, which is also not what we want, just not right now. I guess unless somebody replies telling me an amazing secret abstinence is our only choice man that week is gonna suck. thanks anyways...

--------------------

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

#6181731 - 10/18/06 09:24 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

masturbate? :smile:

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:
And if you are going to waste peoples time with your stupid questions, at least try to have grammar skills higher then that of a 7th grader.

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

OfflineBrewmaster
Mescalero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Richmond Flag
    #6181774 - 10/18/06 09:41 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Uuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm..............................anal?

What NJdude was trying to say ( I think ) was that abstinence should be observed before the ceremony. This is the traditional practice but not one that I follow. I gotsta have me some sex.

I have honestly never heard of birth control and maoi's causing problems when combined but I don't relly do alot of research on birth control. My wife is on the pill and I finally got her to try aya about a month ago. ( she has a strong aversion to puking ). It was a caapi + cabrerana brew and all that happened was she had a very mild trip compared to the effects experienced by myself and the other 3 people. It was 45g caapi per head, if you care.

Thanks for the info, though. I'll keep it in mind if I ever get her to try it again.

--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

Edited by Brewmaster (10/18/06 11:35 AM)

OfflineBrewmaster
Mescalero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Richmond Flag
Re: MAOis and birth control [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6181804 - 10/18/06 09:47 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

A vasectomy is actually quite simple and much more easily reversed than a woman with her tubes tied. Also, alot less dangerous.

I don't like the idea of a needle in the crotch but I like the idea of sex with a condom alot less.I'm in the same boat, man; my wife's been on BC since she was 16 ( to shorten her "time o the month" due to her having very bad cramps ) and being 25 now, she really wants off of it and I can understand.

I think I'm going to ask Santa for a shiny, new operation this year.

--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: MAOis and birth control [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6181916 - 10/18/06 10:15 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

sounds like youre getting nuttin' for christmas

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: MAOis and birth control [Re: Mitchnast]
    #6181993 - 10/18/06 10:36 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

lol yeah well whay i was getting at is that the spirit of ayahuaca is against sex in that manner. second in all of my reading of ayahuasca contradictions i have never read of birth control a simple thing you could do is ask your doctor if maoi use is aloud and maybe if need be reverseable maoi use is ok. If your in the USA and the doctor you can tell your doctor you smoke crack and they can't tell anyone due to patient confidentiality so i doubt your doctor will flip if you say what your doing and explain it i doubt he/she will lose any respect probally will actually gain respect for you and your girl friend as a person.so yeah best way is consult a doctor or you could simply pick various Rx Maoi and see if they contridict the birth control aslo and pennyroyal tea doesnt really work that was just a wise tale look it up it was disproven.

if your guys really have a good flame in your relationship making out should be just as good as sex and abstain if your true intentions are pure and you want spiritual growth scarifics must be made. if you are going to follow down the path of ayahuasca it will eventutally come clear to you that sex should only be done when the time is right and your ready to become parents. but then again im just get my info from spirits of the past.

oh yeah and suck

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

Re: MAOis and birth control [Re: Mitchnast]
    #6182085 - 10/18/06 11:03 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mitchnast said:
sounds like youre getting nuttin' for christmas

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

yeah, making out to me is almost better than sex. it feels more personal and more like love than lust.

try it out.

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6183501 - 10/18/06 06:02 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not 100% positive about the MAOis reaction with birthcontrol, for all I know it could just be a reaction with the yohimbe, we've practiced abstinence befroe, it could be done, but is not preferred by either of us. I guess we stick to oral for a week if it truly is a reaction with MAOis...

thedudenj, you mentioned reverse MAOi what does this mean? I'm very interested. thanks for the input everyone...

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#6183697 - 10/18/06 06:54 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

well if you ever took college bio you heard this before and i hope i jog it if not its not that hard of a concept its about the binding of a site in fact i have my text box handy well the Mao is an enzyme that breaks down stuff in terms of what were talking about tryptamine and an MAOi inhibits the break down it plugs into the site where other stuff plugs into to tell the enzyme to work since the MAOi is in the site it cant get its message to start working therefor it doesnt.
Now in enzymes theres competitive inhibition and non competitive and allosteric. Allosteric is usually how the body works it to shut it off when its not needed. competitive is reversible and mimics the thing that activates the enzyme and binds in the ac titivation site thus harmaline, harmala,psilocybin,dmt,and such. this can be over come by your bodys natural flow of what binds to the site normally if you understand they compete for it so Syrian rue or caapi are out of your system when your body wants it out or gets enough stuff to free that site which is usually 24-48 hours. now Rx Maoi are non competitive infact they dont even touch the active site they bond to a different part of then enzyme commonly poisons act in this manner and toxins like nerve gas. Well when they bind to where there not they kinda change the enzyme and it is no longer able to take on the thing that binds to the active site telling it to work. so now its distorted cant function the thing no longer fits in the slot tho sometimes it does work but with very decreased function thus Inhibition. thus never really function right again but enzymes and such are broken down and new ones are created so eventually the body will get back to normal. thats why you need to take Rx Maoi for X amount of days before it works and when you want to get off you have to ween off it and even when your completely off it you have to wait a week or 2 for the enzymes it get normal.

so in a nutshell Ayahuascas maoi works competes with your bodys normal wway and lets it correct easy while Rx fuck up your body to stop the Mao function
peace if you wwant further proof locate a college bio book or read about competitive enzyme inhibition and non competitive enzyme inhibition
btw my Ww key is messed up and does 2 W half the time

i hope that helps you under stand
altho newer Rx maoi's are competitive but still not as good as rue and caapi in that ability
and once again i have never read of interaction being bad with birth control i suggest just asking a doctor they dont bite you could say your using St. johns wort or rather she is
i even have read stuff about rue in french from a chemisty poison control site translated

--------------------

Edited by thedudenj (10/18/06 07:19 PM)

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: MAOis and birth control [Re: thedudenj]
    #6184374 - 10/18/06 09:48 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

thanks very useful info on maoi's

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale