Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCotg8520
Stranger
Super potent shrooms?
    #6176596 - 10/16/06 09:05 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

For some reason all the mushrooms that afoaf grows around here seem to be much more potent than any field picked shrooms or anything else thats gone around recently anyway. No one I know has taken over 2g in 1 trip, most taking 1 to 1.5, and from the 2g trips i've both personally felt, and heard others speak of at least level 5 trip qualities. But most of the field picked ones that go around here, you need to eat almost an 8th to really feel the trip. Is it normal for these mushrooms to be that much more potent? I'm guessing that the field shrooms are all cubensis, seeing that most are, and I know all the grown ones are. Or do you think we just have shitty field shrooms around here?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemushnoon
MushNoob
Male User Gallery
Re: Super potent shrooms? [Re: Cotg8520]
    #6176607 - 10/16/06 09:07 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

the kind he grows may be either a cloned cubensis of a mushroom that he found was very potent or he could be growing some Pans. its hard to say

--------------------
I love the feeling when it falls apart. Im slow to finish but im quick to start.

OfflineCotg8520
Stranger
Re: Super potent shrooms? [Re: mushnoon]
    #6176624 - 10/16/06 09:11 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

no, they're cubensis. mostly pesa strain, straight from spores. he did a tray with cowpoo, inoculated witha crumbled pf cake, then cased with coir/verm.

OfflineCantiSama

#6176659 - 10/16/06 09:20 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

pesa is my strain of choice, i've never been disappointed with them. i gave a 1.5 grams (each) to two friends of mine and they both tripped balls, or so they say.

--------------------
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.

Edited by CantiSama (10/16/06 09:21 PM)

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Super potent shrooms? [Re: CantiSama]
    #6176680 - 10/16/06 09:24 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

P cubes are all the same,they just look a little definite and come from definite places in the would. One mushroom could be stronger than the same kind of mushroom growing right next to it.

Edited by Brainiac (10/16/06 10:15 PM)

OfflineCantiSama

Re: Super potent shrooms? [Re: CantiSama]
    #6176697 - 10/16/06 09:29 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

growing them is the same, but they aren't all the same. they are very similar, but if they were "all the same" then what would be the point of isolating different substrains?

--------------------
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.

Offlinemushnoon
MushNoob
Male User Gallery
Re: Super potent shrooms? [Re: Brainiac]
    #6176724 - 10/16/06 09:36 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

yeah im pretty sure that just about everybody who has tried multiple strain will disagree that all cubes are the same. ive also heard many many good things about the potency of pesa. some people feel that growing on cowpoo provides extra nutes for an increase in potency, but thats debatable. consider yourself lucky for having such a hookup.

--------------------
I love the feeling when it falls apart. Im slow to finish but im quick to start.

OfflineCotg8520
Stranger
Re: Super potent shrooms? [Re: mushnoon]
    #6176824 - 10/16/06 09:56 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mushnoon said:consider yourself lucky for having such a hookup.

Oh, most definately. I was thinking maybe the people around here just don't know what they're doing with them. Anyway, i highly recommend pesa spawned to cowpoo for anyone looking for something to do =)

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
    #6176914 - 10/16/06 10:15 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

my foafoaf says the tasmanians that have been around here, are the most visual... like sitting and whiteknuckling the couch saying "OMG" over and over... kind of visual.. Texas strain he says isn't like that, but close, maybe a few more g's would have taken it to that point..but then, another foafoaf says the exact opposite.. Mexi-Cube he says is just totally body load.. no visuals to speak of unless CEV's, who likes CEV's without OEV's.

Edited by jeetered (10/16/06 10:17 PM)

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Super potent shrooms? [Re: jeetered]
    #6177007 - 10/16/06 10:49 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

i think it only makes sense that cultivated mushrooms should be significantly more potent than wild mushrooms.

we're providing optimal conditions (hopefully), optimal substrates, and using genetics that have been "domesticated" over the years to produce results in our like-nature-but-even-better artificial environments

i don't think you have "shitty" wild mushrooms, i think they were just lucky in the grand scheme of things to even survive out in the wild, let alone grow healthy and potent. :smile: 

i also think that if you took a wild print from one of said mushrooms, it would really shine when allowed to grow in a protected optimal environment.

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Super potent shrooms? [Re: creamcorn]
    #6177039 - 10/16/06 11:01 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

When you take an outside mushroom spores print, the mushroom grow from it. Not going to look like the same outside mushroom, that was printed. This could be same with the potency of the mushroom.
With some domesticated plants ex yeast. The wild ones can be more stronger then the domesticated one.

Edited by Brainiac (10/16/06 11:05 PM)

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
Re: Super potent shrooms? [Re: Brainiac]
    #6207925 - 10/24/06 08:23 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

^^ and vice versa

print, isolate, cultivate

OfflineShroomgobbler
Beginner
Male

Loc: Washington
Re: Super potent shrooms? [Re: jeetered]
    #6208136 - 10/24/06 08:54 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

My cubes matched up pretty evenly w/ the dried Psilocybe cyans I've had.  I was expecting the cubes to be weaker but was pleasantly surprised.  I agree w/ Creamcorn :laugh:.

InvisibleToTheExtreme, LOL
That Bug up yourAss
Male

Loc: Where there's fresh powde...
Re: Super potent shrooms? [Re: Shroomgobbler]
    #6208277 - 10/24/06 09:14 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I hear cyans and cubes are pretty similar. the next step up is cope cyans, weiliis, and azures. never had anything but azures and cubes, both cultivated not naturally occuring.

--------------------

What can I say??? I like this shit!!
You've been slissed!
despisedicon said:
We all know the reasons why 50 Cent and Korn are gay faggots. You suck at life and I'm not talking about the board game fella.

Offlineeclipse
Stranger
Male

Re: Super potent shrooms? [Re: Shroomgobbler]
    #6208675 - 10/24/06 10:30 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

are you sure youre talkin about PS.cyans and not pan cyans?? Ps.Cyans are IMO the best shrooms out there and are IME 2-3 times as potent as cubes.Now pan cyans are generally more potent then Ps.Cubensis but not drastically so.Ithink you may be a bit confused,that or the Ps.Cyans you had were weak or the cubes you eat are the best in the world.I have had Ps.Cyans that were better then saucers.

--------------------
All that is now
All that is gone
All thats to come
And everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

PF

InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

Re: Super potent shrooms? [Re: eclipse]
    #6208767 - 10/24/06 10:47 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Mushroom potency really just varies and differs a lot. I've had 1.5g's of some field cubes which gave me a solid level 3 trip. I've also had 3.5g's of some grown cambodians and I had a level 5 trip... COMPLETE ego loss. I was surprised. Now I've also had trips where I've taken a lot and didn't reach the level that I expected to reach.
Just because a mushroom was found in the wild, doesn't mean that it's going to not be potent. Mushroom potency is magical!

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

Offlineheadieherbs
originalgangster (oflove)
 User Gallery

Loc: around the bend
Re: Super potent shrooms? [Re: Feanor]
    #6208898 - 10/24/06 11:10 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

for sure, it's like the dope that my pet dolphin grows outdoors every year versus the same strain that gets produced indoors.... the indoor shit is just way more chronic

--------------------
please don't take away my highway shoes..

Write In Your Vote.com - US Politics. For the People, by the People.

Everything posted by the user(s) Headieherbs is either an outright lie or a work of complete fiction

Offlineheadieherbs
originalgangster (oflove)
 User Gallery

Loc: around the bend
Re: Super potent shrooms? [Re: creamcorn]
    #6208901 - 10/24/06 11:11 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

creamcorn said:
i think it only makes sense that cultivated mushrooms should be significantly more potent than wild mushrooms.

we're providing optimal conditions (hopefully), optimal substrates, and using genetics that have been "domesticated" over the years to produce results in our like-nature-but-even-better artificial environments

i don't think you have "shitty" wild mushrooms, i think they were just lucky in the grand scheme of things to even survive out in the wild, let alone grow healthy and potent. :smile: 

i also think that if you took a wild print from one of said mushrooms, it would really shine when allowed to grow in a protected optimal environment.

whoops I meant to quote CC

--------------------
please don't take away my highway shoes..

Write In Your Vote.com - US Politics. For the People, by the People.

Everything posted by the user(s) Headieherbs is either an outright lie or a work of complete fiction

OfflinePrimate
former addict
 User Gallery

Re: Super potent shrooms? [Re: headieherbs]
    #6209214 - 10/25/06 12:38 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Also since you dont know the source of the picked shrooms. you dont know what conditions they have been stored in, how they were dried ETC. That could also be effecting potency. Unless of course yer eating these wild shrooms wet.

If you know a guy growing them(his bad) i'd go through him always anywho. At least you dont have to worry about eating some poisonous shrooms that some 16 year old picked in a field thinking they were cubes.

Also as far as potency goes. IMHO it varies alot on yer mindset at the time and atmosphere. When i was younger i tripped about once a month. all on the same strain that i grew. Almost always 3.5 dried grams. sometimes i'd have a really mellow chill trip...sometimes the colors on the posters would drip to the floor like oil on top of water.

-Prim

--------------------
"Power to the peaceful"

-Micheal Franti and Spearhead

InvisibleToTheExtreme, LOL
That Bug up yourAss
Male

Loc: Where there's fresh powde...
Re: Super potent shrooms? [Re: Primate]
    #6209348 - 10/25/06 01:49 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yo Eclipse, all I've ever had are cubes and azures, cuz here in Colorado, those are all that are available. never had copes, or ps. cyans. to me, its a spectrum, with cubes on the low end and azures on the high. 2 grams of azures is like eating twice as many cubes. next fall when I visit my friend in Humboldt County, I'll try to find some cyans and libs to compare with, and if I'm ever in the tropics, I'll look for some copes, but until then, all I can go on is second hand accounts. I'm not confused, just with limited resources.

--------------------

What can I say??? I like this shit!!
You've been slissed!
despisedicon said:
We all know the reasons why 50 Cent and Korn are gay faggots. You suck at life and I'm not talking about the board game fella.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract