Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethedeez
Male

Popcorn Casing
    #6173810 - 10/15/06 11:09 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Hello all. I'm working on my first casing. About 5 days ago, I birthed my pint jar of fully colonized popcorn. It smelled nicely of mushrooms, but there was also the smell of fermintation. Is this a problem? I ask because it's been 5 days and I've just had a peek and the casing that I can see (the container is transparent) when I unwrapped it from foil seems not to have done anything at all. Any ideas, suggestions, magic spells?

Cheers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSpookerShroom
Shroomerite
Re: Popcorn Casing [Re: thedeez]
    #6173833 - 10/15/06 11:20 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

You should be fine. I use popcorn exclusively despite all the negative things the hands, old and new, say about it, but I use it only for spawn, as it HAS been proven to SUCK potency wise by itself.

I take it you crumbled the popcorn and cased....In five days you should be seeing some myc coming to surface through the top of the casing layer. Do you mean the whole container the casing is in is transparent? You don't want that. You want something that light cannot get through to the substrate below the surface. Anyways, pull the cover off and take a closer look at the casing layer, and see if there's anything popping up. Then look at hyphea's pinning strategy :smile:

Offlinethedeez
Male

Re: Popcorn Casing [Re: thedeez]
    #6173864 - 10/15/06 11:33 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, I birthed the cake into a container then cased with vermiculite. As of yet, there is no growth. I'm thinking about the fermented smell, problem? The container is translucent, but I will keep it wrapped in foil, save for the top. Any other tips for a popcorn casing? This is my first casing and the last of my spores and I'm a month away from anything getting here by mail. What do you spawn with the corn? Thanks a lot, any advice you've got is appreciated. Peace.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract