Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Bridgetown Botanicals Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleadrug

Earthquake in Hawaii
    #6172260 - 10/15/06 03:41 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, its far away and doesn't seem that bad, but I hope the mr. and mrs. gr8tfuls are okay!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
Re: Earthquake in Hawaii [Re: adrug]
    #6172267 - 10/15/06 03:42 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

its nuclear

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Earthquake in Hawaii [Re: Infrared]
    #6172319 - 10/15/06 03:56 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

yeah i called agreatfulChick about an hour ago, but didnt get an answer, im sure they are fine thogh, i dont think that it affected their island, it was mainly on The big island

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleaNeway2sayHooray
Cresley Wusher
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Orphic Trench
Re: Earthquake in Hawaii [Re: ZippoZ]
    #6172352 - 10/15/06 04:04 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

What about tsunami?Should anyone be worried?

--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

OfflineShamberlain
Stranger
Male

Re: Earthquake in Hawaii [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #6172904 - 10/15/06 06:23 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

My sis lives on the big island, right on the beach. I was on the phone with her minutes after the 6.6 shake and then during the second 5.8 one....

She asked me to go online and let her know what was oging on, because they were running up the hill and had no radio or anything.

Unfortunately I found out before any of the news or anyone did. *shrugs*

But they said the quake was too deep for a tsunami and the volcano may have been agitated, but they're not sure.

OfflineGr8fulJ420
strange but nota stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 0 moco
Re: Earthquake in Hawaii [Re: Shamberlain]
    #6173971 - 10/16/06 12:31 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

My wife and I were both woken by the house rumbling a little after 7. That was the first 6.6 quake. It did not rattle off any of our pictures or cause any damage to our structures here on Maui - a few roads suffere from falling rock. A few (10, 15?) minutes later there was another tremor, defintely shorter and not as strong (5.8).

The power went off immediately after the first quake. Sara and I went up to the roof/deck to see if we could see a tsunami or hear the warning sirens... nothing. We smoked a bowl and went back to bed cuz I was hungover as all get out. Our phones were off so nobody could get through to us and we stayed in bed until around 1pm, when the power finally came back on and we proceded to get ahold of family & friends.

As of a few hours ago there were lots of people on Oahu and the Big Island without power, but everything is pretty much okay here on Maui. Because of the lack of power on the Big Island, not a whole lot of news/photos/video available right away. Also, the local TV network affiliates are all on Oahu, so there is little truly "local" coverage available immediately from neighbor islands.

I don't think there has been any major loss of life. The next day or two we'll see how much damage was done to big island properties.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Earthquake in Hawaii [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #6173977 - 10/16/06 12:33 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Gr8fulJ420 said:
The power went off immediately after the first quake. Sara and I went up to the roof/deck to see if we could see a tsunami or hear the warning sirens... nothing. We smoked a bowl and went back to bed cuz I was hungover as all get out. 

:lol:  That's showing some good form in the face of possible adversity. I absolutely applaud the move of smoking the bowl after the earthquake. :rotfl: I'm cracking up over here!

Really though J glad to hear you guys are okay.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineGr8fulJ420
Male User Gallery

Re: Earthquake in Hawaii [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6174008 - 10/16/06 12:46 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I was sooooo shitty after the party I went to on Saturday night, had there been any real adversity here I would have been a complete burden.

Offlineagr8fulchick
Feed Your Head!

Loc: Stranded in Iowa
Re: Earthquake in Hawaii [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #6174945 - 10/16/06 12:25 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

That's alright Baby, because I was sober, awake and alert to any possible danger :wink: Gr8fulJ was pretty worthless, and the puppy was going nuts about half an hour before the first quake hit, so I was awake anyway. She didn't want to stay inside at all and was all hyper and freaked out. Gr8fulJ made the good move of pulling some pork chops out of the freezer for us to eat for supper on our gas grill, just in case we didn't have power back by then. The phone lines were all jammed up in the morning, with only some calls going through, and since we didn't have any electricity and didn't know when it would be back on, we turned off our phones to conserve the batteries before we went back to bed. Thank you for the phone call Zippoz, way to be on the ball  :thumbup: :smile:

This morning we got our first good autumn rain, and this is the first rain we've had since early April. It really started to come down around 5am, and was good enough to let up just long enough for me to bike to work, but now it's pouring down again. It's dark, cold, and rainy here, which is really bizarre for Kihei...

Thank you for the phone calls and this thread! We are all alive and well out here, and the pup has calmed down.  :sun: :heart: :mushroom2: :heart: :sun: :thumbup:

--------------------
Life's a journey. Take the scenic route.

:sun: :heart: :heart: :sun:

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: Earthquake in Hawaii [Re: agr8fulchick]
    #6175821 - 10/16/06 04:56 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I'm on Oahu. It was cool to feel my house moving like it was on a calm ocean. I went back to sleep after it ended.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

OfflineGr8fulJ420
Male User Gallery

Re: Earthquake in Hawaii [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #6175872 - 10/16/06 05:08 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

How long before you got your power back? It seemed like Oahu had a lot more power issues than Maui.

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Earthquake in Hawaii [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #6175873 - 10/16/06 05:08 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I'm suprised that they didn't try to somehow blame it on North Korea's underground nuke tests haha.

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: Earthquake in Hawaii [Re: Deadmaker]
    #6177396 - 10/17/06 03:20 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

It came back in the late afternoon. I read a book. It was cool because my parents and I hung out all day. When the power came back on, we watched 2 movies including Patton. Then I went to sleep and woke up refreshed. =)

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Bridgetown Botanicals Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals