Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinespirited
Stranger
North East hunting bummer!
    #616129 - 04/23/02 07:31 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

has anyone ever found the species p.caurlipes (aka blue-foot psylocybe) which is supposed to be a northeastern dwelling shroom? i've been hunting for this shroom for the longest now and never found it. i tried looking for it at bear mountain and massachusetes without any luck.(those tricky little LBMs!)

anyway back to the subject, it can be incredibly hard to locate psylocybian shrooms in the northeast.(maybe it's just me) Has anyone out here gotten better
luck finding these elusive shroomies? I feel kinda cheated living here in the northeast while the northwest has an abundance of psylocybin containing shroom species!

the only hallucinogenic species iv'e encountered out here was in new york city (imagine that! in central park!!) and also in massacusettes. the species was gymphilus spectabilis (big laughing gym).it was the only wild mushroom i found and tripped off of. (the trip was just a huge laughing episode after eating 2, fresh 4 inch wide caps with 3 inch long stems about 3/4 of an inc wide. i also had dialated pupils) and paneleous foenesecci which i never bothered with.

happy hunting!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLevi7
old hand
Re: North East hunting bummer! [Re: spirited]
    #616401 - 04/23/02 01:14 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I remember checking out a book on fungi from the library a few years ago. If I remember correctly, the book talks about a wide variety of fungi that ranges from the ergot fungus that came to produce the dextrolysergicaciddyethylamidetartate25 straight through the ibotenic acid and muscimol producing fungi and the all-so-magical Psilocybes such as the Liberty Cap and Big Laughing Gym. That book's got tons of info on entheogenic fungi, as well as other fungi that produce chemicals that have the potential to heal, such as Penecillin, etc. I recommend it, if you'd like to hear a really good story about someone else who found Gymnopilus spectabilis in Central Park and found their own eyes to dilate!
BTW, was that you that ran into those guys in the mountains of Colorado? You know, the ones with the bags of individually wrapped portions of several species of Psilocybians, such as Ps. semilanceata, Ps. cyanescens and Ps. cubensis?\
Just wondering.
Stay cool!-Levi7.

Offlinespirited
Stranger
Re: North East hunting bummer! [Re: Levi7]
    #618348 - 04/25/02 11:39 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

sounds like an interesting book! from ergotism to psilotism it seems to have it all!
no that was not me at colorado i never been there but if what you said about
those guys having a bag full of diffrent psilocybes, then i wish i was! not only would i look for shrooms but also i would search for the now rare "colorado river
toad"!

i only dream of finding p.semilanceata out here in the NE! my latest attempts to
look for them in highways (with tall grass) led me to ferocious ticks and one
cool praying mantis!

happy hunting!

Edited by spirited (04/25/02 11:42 AM)

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
    #618919 - 04/25/02 11:08 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

i've been looking for ecery and anything up here inVT, but with the weither getting cold again, look the season is still yet to start

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
    #618920 - 04/25/02 11:08 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

i've been looking for ecery and anything up here inVT, but with the weither getting cold again, look the season is still yet to start

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate