Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineheadieherbs
originalgangster (oflove)
 User Gallery

Loc: around the bend
Cutting cakes in half to increase yield?
    #6159330 - 10/11/06 06:05 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I was just reading the Sea of Shrooms article.......

Ok so I'm thinking of birthing BRF/Verm PF cakes, dunking/rolling them, then cutting them in half from the top to the bottom, and placing each half in the FC on a jar lid in the regular fashion to try and increase yield... It doesn't make as much sense as casing each half a cake, I know, but do you think it would do anything at all as far as making a difference goes?

--------------------
please don't take away my highway shoes..

Write In Your Vote.com - US Politics. For the People, by the People.

Everything posted by the user(s) Headieherbs is either an outright lie or a work of complete fiction

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWestnile
Disease yo!

Re: Cutting cakes in half to increase yield? [Re: headieherbs]
    #6159368 - 10/11/06 06:18 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I think "in theory" the difference is that you can get a potentially better pin set due to a "greater surface area".

However, if you have a huge pin set you will generally end up with smaller mushrooms. A small pin set means you will have bigger mushrooms. Thus your yields will be uneffected.

HOWEVER (and for what its worth)

A few years back I saw some guy do an experiment cutting cakes in half and keeping them as cakes and then comparing yields. He ended up consistantly getting higher yields from the cakes that were cut in half.

Poorly controlled experiment? Maybe. But maybe not!

If it were me I would say cut em up real good and a)spawn to some more sub. (easy) or b)case em with whatever you got.

Edited by Westnile (10/11/06 06:19 PM)

Offline5t3v3
sirsmokesalot
Male User Gallery

Re: Cutting cakes in half to increase yield? [Re: headieherbs]
    #6159369 - 10/11/06 06:19 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

naw, its a horse a piece. cutting them in half increases the yield for one flush, then the cakes exausted. Whole cakes will have less yield but flush more. It's the same differnce. whole cakes just look better and will support the wieght of the shroom, a half cake would just topple over if shrooms get too big. Swat i think anyway.
-steve-:shrooom:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag