Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblefunnyfeeling
Stranger

Harvest Questions (Pics!!!)
    #6157582 - 10/11/06 10:23 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I have some cakes that seem to be getting close to harvest, at least a couple fruitbodies are. My question is, when only one or two fruits are ready, can I harvest those first, then allow the others to mature? I have heard you should harvest your cake all at once, but this being my first couple cakes birthed, the pinset was a little weak.

Here are some pictures so you can see what I'm talking about.

I am particularly talking about a cake like this. The largest fruitbody appears to be close to breaking its veil. Correct if I'm wrong please as I am still very new to all this. Can I pick the big guy when its ready, and leave the rest alone?

This one had a bit stronger pinset, but still some pretty mature growth coming from the sides.

Also, once I harvest the entire cake, I just dunk and roll and throw in the fruit chamber again, right?

Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStopGo
NothinShakin.....
Male

Loc: A Long Stange Trip
Re: Harvest Questions (Pics!!!) [Re: funnyfeeling]
    #6157615 - 10/11/06 10:36 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I would wait maybe 12 hrs. before you harvest the big guy to give the others a chance to mature. I would then recommend harvesting the rest within 12 hrs. Dunk and rebirth for your second flush.

--------------------

Invisiblefunnyfeeling
Stranger

Re: Harvest Questions (Pics!!!) [Re: StopGo]
    #6157627 - 10/11/06 10:40 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

So it is not recommended to pick some and not others huh? Why is this?

Offlinezeegos
Shroomagator
 User Gallery

Loc: bat country
    #6157643 - 10/11/06 10:46 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

damm, thats a big shroom. you should clone it via LC.
Id let those wee dudes grow a bit like StopGo suggested

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: Harvest Questions (Pics!!!) [Re: zeegos]
    #6157669 - 10/11/06 10:54 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, as long as you do not harm the younger mushrooms, you can pick the older ones.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Invisiblefunnyfeeling
Stranger

Re: Harvest Questions (Pics!!!) [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #6157689 - 10/11/06 11:02 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

But picking them alone, without touching the other fruit should be totally fine? Will this cause the cakes to not reach their full potential in further flushes?

Offline5t3v3
sirsmokesalot
Male User Gallery

Re: Harvest Questions (Pics!!!) [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #6157711 - 10/11/06 11:08 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

When you pick one shroom out of a cluster, you leave a chunck at the bottom, this may rot and contam the other babies. Real nice tho, props.:thumbup:

Invisiblefunnyfeeling
Stranger

Re: Harvest Questions (Pics!!!) [Re: 5t3v3]
    #6157733 - 10/11/06 11:12 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks. I don't plan on pick it out of a cluster, luckily most the clusters I have are nice and developed. So if i pick out an entire cluster, and then leave in there, there is more chance of getting a contam? UGH!!! What to do... I guess I'll pick the whole cake at once. Any other suggestions for this newbie??

OfflineJon_Doe
UnidentifiedMycophile
 User Gallery

#6160416 - 10/11/06 11:10 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Dude, I pick and choose all the time, and the only contams I get are from the casings being weak after the fourth or fifth flush. Do what you want, don't worry so much. It's not like you can't take a print and do this forever, ya know?

--------------------
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”

-Charlie Kelly

Offlinechal420
plur
 User Gallery

Re: Harvest Questions (Pics!!!) [Re: Jon_Doe]
    #14445723 - 05/13/11 02:05 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

they way an individual picks shrooms can dramatically affect future  flushes  damage to the resting pinheads and disturbance of the casing soil must be minimized  during picking often times pinheads are in close proximity to developing shrooms and enlarge directly after the mature ones are picked  should any pinhead be harmed the grower will have loss of potential fruitbody. the most important factor in harvesting is timing. shrooms growing in clumps or clusters should be broken apart carefully and harvested  individually when possible special care must be taken with thoes clumps containing both mature and immature shrooms

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: Harvest Questions (Pics!!!) [Re: chal420]
    #14445742 - 05/13/11 02:09 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

chal420 said:
they way an individual picks shrooms can dramatically affect future  flushes  damage to the resting pinheads and disturbance of the casing soil must be minimized  during picking often times pinheads are in close proximity to developing shrooms and enlarge directly after the mature ones are picked  should any pinhead be harmed the grower will have loss of potential fruitbody. the most important factor in harvesting is timing. shrooms growing in clumps or clusters should be broken apart carefully and harvested  individually when possible special care must be taken with thoes clumps containing both mature and immature shrooms

first of all this thread is old as fuck

and holy shit people are actin like they need EVERY SINGLE FRUITBODY AVAILABLE.

cubensis grow by the ton yall.. dont worry about how you harvest it.

just pick it.

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Offlinechal420
plur
 User Gallery

#14445775 - 05/13/11 02:16 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

and you for sure 100 percent clone that big guy that would be awesome if you have questions about harvesting or anything eles you should go to you library and pick up mushroom cultivator its a great book and help out alot for newbs i got the book for my first grow and it helped out with alot of my questions but good job man they look yummy

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

#14445785 - 05/13/11 02:18 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

chal420 said:
and you for sure clone that big guy

4 years, 6 months ago this thread was started.

im not sure chal.

but you might be too late.

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Offlinechal420
plur
 User Gallery

Re: Harvest Questions (Pics!!!) [Re: k00laid]
    #14445798 - 05/13/11 02:22 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

k00laid said:
Quote:

chal420 said:

first of all this thread is old as fuck

and holy shit people are actin like they need EVERY SINGLE FRUITBODY AVAILABLE.

cubensis grow by the ton yall.. dont worry about how you harvest it.

just pick it.

true that good point i only do that if its like my last flush  and i want to get all of them and you see that big boy? what if you just pick them and you could have got an awesome shrooms to clone  thats why i suggest it sometime cuz to me its exciting to see if you can get some good shrooms idk just a thought
Quote:

k00laid said:
Quote:

chal420 said:
and you for sure clone that big guy

4 years, 6 months ago this thread was started.

im not sure chal.

but you might be too late.

hahaha thats funny maybe i should check the dates sometime good call tho dang make me feel dumb haha oh yea koolaid

InvisibleDynGBreeD
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

#14445899 - 05/13/11 02:45 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:lmafo:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck