Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineWronguy
Buffett blasts Ecstasy bust
    #6154521 - 10/10/06 02:34 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.mp3.com/news/stories/6665.html

Buffett blasts Ecstasy bust

In a post on his Web site, "Margaritaville" singer says the 100 pills for which he was fined were vitamin B supplements.

This is his story and he's sticking to it.

Jimmy Buffett has posted to his Web site in response to reports that he was caught with 100 tablets of Ectsasy at an airport in the south of France last week. Buffett elaborated on his spokesperson's initial claims that the pills were simply medication prescribed by his doctor.

While going through a search procedure by French customs officials, "I found my bag and opened it up and they went right for a little pouch which contained my prescription medicines which was sitting on top of my clothes, not the most secretive part of my bag," he wrote. "I don't know about you, but at a few months away from turning 60, I carry a few prescriptions, including a B vitamin supplement, called Foltx."

Unfortunately for Buffett, Foltx pills have a heart imprinted on them, and the authorities immediately said, "Ecstasy," according to Buffett.

"I have never taken it and couldn't tell you the difference between a hit of ecstasy and Excedrin PM," Buffett wrote. "My vices these days consist of boat drinks, beer, wine and the occasional hot fudge sundae. I hadn't even opened the bottle, because my secretary had made a mistake and had sent the wrong prescription. I don't use Foltx any more."

Rather than dispute the charge, Buffett said he chose to just pay the $380 fine and be on his way.

"In Toulon, the stern-faced authorities couldn't take the truth as the simple answer to a few simple questions, trying to turn vitamins into ecstasy," he wrote. "In these days and times, the truth sadly gets lost in the gossip at an alarming rate."

Buffett blamed the misunderstanding on his traveling lifestyle.

"In the end, I will just chalk it up as being something that will happen if you have an adventurous soul and live a nomad life," he wrote. "I will, as my old hero Mark Twain put it, be 'lighting out into the territory.' The great old humorist Lord Richard Buckley used to say in one of his routines that humor is the absence of terror and that terror is the absence of humor. It seems there are too many people in the world intent on building fences, not bridges between cultures and fueling misinformation with heightened suspicions and senseless interrogations. I never was, nor do I ever intend to answer to or become one of those people. I will take my cue from Lord Buckley and keep on singing and laughing."

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it," he concluded.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale