Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDrunkenAttempt
Chemically Inclined
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nova Scotia, CANADA
Jesus/God/Religion
    #6138215 - 10/05/06 10:59 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Hey guys and gals, was just interested in what some of you think in terms of religion and such...believe? don't believe? what happens when you die? and so on...i'm Atheist and think the majority of religion is more or less of a scam that causes death and destruction in the long run...thats just my opinion, i'm not trying to offend anyone, we all have our own beliefs.

--------------------

Nature is my God, Science is my religion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Re: Jesus/God/Religion [Re: DrunkenAttempt]
    #6138221 - 10/05/06 11:02 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Zeus took the form of a swan and raped a girl. I believe in that.

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

OfflineDrunkenAttempt
Chemically Inclined
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nova Scotia, CANADA
Re: Jesus/God/Religion [Re: GnuBobo]
    #6138274 - 10/05/06 11:21 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

interesting...

--------------------

Nature is my God, Science is my religion.

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
    #6138284 - 10/05/06 11:23 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I believe Jesus is only for the weak minded. My love comes from true compassion, not from a fear of going to a make believe land of fire after I die.

--------------------

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#6138289 - 10/05/06 11:25 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Religion is merely mythology and control of the masses. It will drag us down until we either destroy ourselves or somehow get past it and move on to bigger and better things.

OfflineShattered

#6138295 - 10/05/06 11:27 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I believe in God and Jesus, but I believe in the same way I don't believe, both exist and both don't exist. Religion has not a lot to do with either.

Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
Re: Jesus/God/Religion [Re: Shattered]
    #6138317 - 10/05/06 11:32 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

uhhh...ok...that makes no sense

peace

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #6138355 - 10/05/06 11:42 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Gnostic Christian here. I realize it's not considered cool around here to believe in God, and especially in Christ, but I've had my own powerful spiritual experiences which lead me to my beliefs, and I don't expect others to understand such a profoundly personal matter. I believe that Yeshua(Jesus) was an enlightened teacher who realized full Christhood, and taught others how to do the same. The Christian message that most are familiar with was intended as a message for the masses. The gnostic message was for a chosen few who could understand it. I think that's even more true today than it was back then.

--------------------

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
    #6138365 - 10/05/06 11:44 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I think that the Old and New testaments are pretty amazing and I do think that something mystical happened in those times. I don't follow either of those though simply because there are thousands of religions, which one is THE one? You can't chose ONE easily unless you were raised that way. Instead I'm just a good loving person.

OfflineShattered

Re: Jesus/God/Religion [Re: supra]
    #6138379 - 10/05/06 11:49 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Really? God exists to a believer in God, but not to someone who doesn't believe. My life's perspective is no more real than anyone elses, so i'd rather say God both exists and doesn't exist. I don't think God exists in hell for instance, but i'd believe he exists in heaven. Maybe it is confusing, but come on.

Hell, even to someone who believes in God, it's possible for God not to exist, because if you believe in an idea of God, you believe in the idea and not God.

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: Jesus/God/Religion [Re: GnuBobo]
    #6138403 - 10/05/06 11:53 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

All belief is wrong. Suspicion is wrong too, however pliable, making it permissible. Knowledge has severe stage fright. Death and destruction are a part of, and invaluable to, life. Ends are never known and never absolute.
As I've said before(with variations),
In your song of life, the lyrics are your religion, and the notes your science. The music produced is magick.
Will thee not to a beautiful song?
Shine! Smog only chokes and blinds those who produce it. It is of no consequence to a star. So saith the prosperous fishermen.

--------------------

OfflineEconomist
in training
 User Gallery

#6138446 - 10/05/06 11:57 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I'm Catholic, though I have a few reservations (mostly about sexual questions, but they're working on that).

I really think that if people took the time to examine Catholic doctrine and the debate of the Synod of Bishops, they'd be pleasantly surprised, as I was when I considered switching to Unitarianism, or something similar. For example, most people don't know that Pope Pius XII stated that evolution was not incompatible with religion, something other sects of Christianity wouldn't even consider for another 5 decades. Pope John Paul II then came out and said he even agreed with evolution.

Similarly, Catholic belief structures aren't fixated on "Heaven" or "Hell" (indeed, modern Catholic doctrine even questions whether or not the firey Hell exists at all), but rather on simply trying to live in harmony with your fellow men, as Jesus would have wanted you to.

This was best explained to me by a Priest who suggested an alternative interpretation of the loaves and the fishes story (this post is already long, so I'll abreviate): Many Christians believe that when Jesus fed the masses on only a handful of loaves and dried fish, he was able to do so by somehow magically creating more food, that the miracle was how he made food show up out of thin air.

But, another way of looking at it is to assume that most people already brought food with them (which is a reasonable assumption, if the people were planning on traveling), but were initially unwilling to share for fear of being short changed. When they saw Jesus' example, sharing what little food he had, even though it would clearly not be enough, their hearts were changed, and they shared their own food. The miracle in this interpretation is not "food out of thin air" but simply leading by example, and loving by example.

Other "miracles" can be viewed in similar ways. It begins to matter less whether or not Lazarus actually came back from the dead, or if the water actually turned to wine, and matter more whether or not you are willing to follow the example of Jesus and show love to your fellow man.

OfflineoDin
Re: Jesus/God/Religion [Re: lavod]
    #6138461 - 10/05/06 11:58 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

titties are good

hope karma is true

pot yummy

sometimes wish i had a religion however i have concluded that nature is my church, nothing makes me feel closer to "god"

Offlinefriedclyde
Lysergic Me
Male

Loc: India
Re: Jesus/God/Religion [Re: lavod]
    #6138473 - 10/05/06 11:59 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

:smile: i belive that there is a creator something that had to create us the universe etc.....apart from that all the people in religions are just enlightened people......who knows in the future they could make david blaine god if he begins to heal people.....

i guess its people who just managed to understand themselves better and managed to use their brain to a greater extent as compared to normal people....

iv felt connected with the universe and the world and god on lsd extremly positive spiritual experiences.......but then its illegal u know

--------------------

Fractal Enlightenment

Edited by friedclyde (10/06/06 12:01 AM)

OfflineColbadol
Reality Mechanic
Male

#6138801 - 10/06/06 12:31 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

i havent put a lot of effort into shaping my own spiritual experience. So, as far as i know, what i believe right now is just sort of based on varius direct/indirect influences throughout my life....so far.
I kind of have a feeling for polytheism in that i 'feel' that i can talk to spirits in the woods. Or a certain astral constellation, or anything along those lines.

Economist, that was an amazing post. Youve changed my opinion on christianity, a bit. I guess we always knew what you said, but you said it really well. Ill try to remember it.

--------------------

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
    #6138961 - 10/06/06 12:46 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I believe that religion was a fairy tale told to each other to ease the fear of dieing. Most religious believes have some sort of comforting assurance that there is some sort of life after death, making us less afraid of death. Eventually this fear was used by peopel in power to scare people into thinking that if they did not behave the way they wanted them to, they would be sent to a hell.

It became the exposing of peoples fears to control them, the same way it is still used today, with the threat of hell and the threat of "terrorists".

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

OfflineTelepylus
Babyman
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: Jesus/God/Religion [Re: friedclyde]
    #6138967 - 10/06/06 12:47 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

My religion is self discovery.
In my self discovery I've noticed many similarities to other religions. But none of them are as perfect and sufficient for me as my own Religion.

My Religion is simple, it's about focusing thought patterns in wholesome positive constructive ways, and having vigilance against toxic thought patterns.
There is only One Sin- Dishonesty.
When a person is purely Honest, they are sinless.
Being Honest with yourself is what allows you to recognize who you really are, to maximize your human potentials.

Like christianity insists, it is in the nature of man to sin.
We are all sinners and cannot escape it.
It is somewhat impossible for a human being to be purely honest with himself for more than a few moments.
Because being purely Honest means being sinless and walking with God.
It is the nature of man to have trouble & accidents with sin, because how else would God determine who is his true follower?
And how else would he keep man from just being God all the time if Honesty was an easy thing.
It is possible for any human being to become One with God, and to obtain his proof that He is in fact God, but nobody can maintain that position for long.
Honesty cannot be faked.
It is a Powerful Holy Virtue.
When a person becomes Honest, they become one with Truth.
And being One with Truth, next you only need to look inside yourself to find any answer, to solve any mystery.
Omniscience.

As soon as any person becomes Honest with who they are, they can see themselves as they really are, and they can see the world as it really is. Then the universe displays it's True Honest Order, to the mind of the only beings capable of handling that, a True Honest Person. (that's called YOU CAN PASS)
so long as you are bound to dishonest thought patterns, that are incomplete or unwholesome, YOU CANNOT PASS.

when you finally do pass, all the way to the end, God allows you to sit in The Throne of Creation, and during this time, you will be totally conscious and aware in the real world witnessing a miracle that proves to you for all time without a doubt, you are the Child of GOD, the One intelligence that created and governs the entire universe loves you most, because of your capability to be honest with yourself (and him).

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
Re: Jesus/God/Religion [Re: Telepylus]
    #6139428 - 10/06/06 05:23 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

i believe that all religions are based on good things but are no longer relevant, with time they all became a method of control rather then a means for SELF control or self empowerment.

as for death, i don't think there's anything after this life but i hope that I'm wrong and somehow my energy will float on in the universe, free to become whatever... i don't think it would still be an "i" or a "self" just energy, but i doubt that :smirk:

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Edited by Simisu (10/06/06 05:29 AM)

Offlinegregorio
Too Damn Old
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: Jesus/God/Religion [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #6139527 - 10/06/06 06:26 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

HELLA_TIGHT said:
I believe Jesus is only for the weak minded. My love comes from true compassion,

Weak minded???  To actualy follow and live by the teachings of Jesus has got to be one of the hardest things that a person can do. To do that takes a strong mind not a weak one.

But it is good to hear how genuine your true compassion is though.

:rolleyes:

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #6139577 - 10/06/06 07:04 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I believe in karma and reincarnation..if you were "bad" in this life then the next lifetime won't be as cheery, maybe you will have a physical or mental disability, but at least theres a chance to redeem yourself. I don't believe, like many christians, and I hate when they say "I believe I'm on a set path" thats so not true(In My Opinion), I believe that we make our own paths, and if we set our intentions on something we can make anything happen, if the intentions are for the good of everyone.

I believe the coming of the age of aquarius will bring about more open and ever expanding conciousness. There will always be the select few who are in the box, but I think more people than ever will focus on the improving of our planet and individual selves.

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale