Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesalemzlot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Pine tree shrooms magic or toxic?
    #6127446 - 10/03/06 05:46 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i need some help knowing exactly wat i have here...i live in TN and for weeks ive been seeing these mushrooms growing under these two pine trees around my building...and they looked a lot like some shroomeys i have eaten before so i grabbed one and decided to do a print..im doing that while i type this! im not sure how long to leave it under the glass so if you can help me out on that as well...any way the shrooms are tan/white almost brown (roasted marmellow looking) with grey/brown flakes or bumps on the tops of some of the lesser formed small ones. they are about 2 inches, some maybe 3, a few are bell shaped and a few are almost flat and perfectly round... the gills are yellow/white/pink ...i get slight purple brusing from stem and i have no idea what else to say untill the prints done... lol any thoughts on what i might have here??
thanks a tone

Edited by salemzlot (10/03/06 05:51 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekoraks
Re: Pine tree shrooms magic or toxic? [Re: salemzlot]
    #6127535 - 10/03/06 07:43 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

They MIGHT be some sort of amanita. A picture would help a lot.

A spore print can be made in anything between 2 and 24 hours, depening on the species and the specimen(s) printed. Just make sure it's really dense before you judge the color.

Offlinesalemzlot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Pine tree shrooms magic or toxic? [Re: koraks]
    #6129380 - 10/03/06 05:02 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

ok i let the spore print set for about 12 hours...the print seems white, ive never done this before so i could be wrong but yea i believe its white...not sure about how dense it is? ive showed them to a couple friends and they all say yea ive ate them before...but im not taking that chance! hers a couple pics a found that look like them

this loos a lot like them but not exactly..mine are a bit more tan/brown

these are once again a bit more white than mine and some of my caps have bumps on top of them

hope this helps thanks a lot for the reply my friend! please keep um comming!!

Offlinethetonebone72
Hunter -Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #6129397 - 10/03/06 05:05 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Those don't look like any active mushrooms I've seen before. They might not be edible at all. Don't let your friends talk you into eating random mushrooms because they say they've eaten them before. If they were that smart they'd know that is not active.

--------------------
Hunt On, Good Fellow

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
Re: Pine tree shrooms magic or toxic? [Re: thetonebone72]
    #6129489 - 10/03/06 05:26 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Umm, well I wouldn't eat them. A pic of the actual shrooms you have would be the thing to do. Finding pics online that look similar too yours is a seriously stupid idea. Dont get me wrong it gives a good idea,. But its not safe man. Especially anything growing under a pine. The possibility for poisnious amanita's is really high. Your best bet is to get a good picture. With a white spore print chances are its gonna be an amanita. You should pull it out of the ground and see what the base looks like. Does it have a volva; is there a big lump that is under the ground, but comes out easly when the stem is pulled out?

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Offlinesalemzlot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Pine tree shrooms magic or toxic? [Re: snoot]
    #6129716 - 10/03/06 06:38 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

no no no dont get me wrong...im not even wanting to eat these before i know exactly what they are...i am not that stupid lol!! but i do really appriciate the concern about my well being! im most likley gonna just throw them out seeing how there doesnt seem to be much of a chance they are edible and/or active...but just to entertain my self i still wanna know what they are.

my friend has a digi cam ill try to see if i can barrow it. by the way im going hunting some time this week ... i figure if these sprouted so quickly...then other areas around here may be prime for picking, i live in knoxville TN can anyone tell me what the most common, active and edible mushrooms out of these i will find..and ones i should avoid?

Psilocybe cubensis <<would love to find :wink:
Psilocybe caerulipes
Gymnopilus aeruginosus
Gymnopilus luteofolius

once again thanks for your replys and concern you guys are the shit!

p.s.- i just went a plucked another from the ground and yes they have a round white ball (volva) and yes it came up REAL easie! what does this mean?

Edited by salemzlot (10/03/06 07:17 PM)

OfflineFeelers
Anti-Myth-Rhythm-Rock-Shocker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Oz
    #6129983 - 10/03/06 07:43 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

It means that its very well could be a toxic mushroom. A volva is indicative of some members within the amanita genus, which contains some of the deadliest mushrooms along with some edibles. Everyone here on the board stays away from eating edible amanitas as its easy to stuff up (they are often very similar) and you could die from such a mistake.

Definately post a photo though, you might have one of the dealdly amanitas! :thumbup: I dont spose its like this one? aka the death cap. http://www.mushroomexpert.com/amanita_phalloides.html

Offlinesalemzlot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Pine tree shrooms magic or toxic? [Re: Feelers]
    #6130065 - 10/03/06 08:09 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

no they dont look to much like the death cap ...mine are more brownish and have little lumps or something on the top of a few and i noticed today they are turning greener as they dry? ...the volva how ever does look like the death caps...but i will not eat anything thats might kill me...not that ballsy im 26 and have a 2 year old and one on the way lol. life pretty important to me right now...but a spiritual break i feel is needed occasionaly :wink: thanks for your reply

Invisiblekoraks
    #6131193 - 10/04/06 02:12 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

If you're looking for actives in TN, your best bet are pastures where you may be able to find some cubes. Pine woods are generally not a very interesting habitat for actives.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #6135314 - 10/05/06 03:54 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Mate id rather find cearulipes than cubensis...

--------------------

Offlinesalemzlot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Pine tree shrooms magic or toxic? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #6137700 - 10/05/06 08:51 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

ive always been told cubes are the best... should i look for the others in the woods?

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#6137715 - 10/05/06 08:55 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

you wont find cubes in the woods

the woods is a good place to find woodloving mushrooms

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Offlinesalemzlot
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6139101 - 10/06/06 01:47 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i know i wont find cubes in the woods...i was saying i always herd cubes was the best...i have an abundance of woods and fields around here and we just had a good rain after a really warm day...tomarrow seems good for hunting...where should i start woods...or fields?
thanks

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals