Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Good Canadian Online Shops that Sell DJ Equipment?
    #612720 - 04/19/02 08:04 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Does anyone have any recommendations for online stores that would sell turntables and a mixer?

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBuddha
enthusiast
Loc: Toronto
Re: Good Canadian Online Shops that Sell DJ Equipm [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #613176 - 04/19/02 06:41 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I looked for a long time and found nothing. There is a good shop here in toronto that may ship, but they dont have a web site. They're called Metro Sound and Music.

Just curious, what type of tables are you looking for and what do you spin?

OfflineNot_A_Narc
Loc: Headquarters
Re: Good Canadian Online Shops that Sell DJ Equipm [Re: Buddha]
    #613308 - 04/19/02 10:07 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Does Canada use regular US plugs/volts? If not get adapters and buy from musicfactory.com

--------------------
Im JUST a student, One looking to get high on the marijuana cigarets and eat the mushrooms like you all.

OfflineTrAnCyNuGz
Stranger

Re: Good Canadian Online Shops that Sell DJ Equipment? [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #614202 - 04/20/02 10:27 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Hey man, check out www.pssl.com, it's not in canada, but they have a nice site, and nice catalog they will send you. I have never ordered from them, but they have nice prices.

<--K|nD~NuGz-->

Anonymous

Re: Good Canadian Online Shops that Sell DJ Equipment? [Re: TrAnCyNuGz]
    #615584 - 04/22/02 01:29 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I have ordered from pssl.com many times. If they have what you want in stock they usually will send it that day, and it only took 3 days to arrive at my house(in the u.s.). They have good prices but I ordered my turntables and mixer from 123dj.com. They have the cheapest prices anywhere that i've seen, but they take forever to ship. Had to wait 2 weeks untill my tables finally came, but they where like 60 bucks cheaper than pssl. But what really sucks is that after I ordered my tables I read on pssl.com that they will match anyprice that anyone else has and give you a 10% discount if the other price is cheaper than theirs. I have never told them about 123dj.com's prices but next time I need something I will make sure to tell them that and hopefully they will beat there price. I know for sure that they beat there shipping times by far. Im not sure if pssl.com ships to canada, but you can call them and ask. They have really cool/nice people working there, so im sure they could help you out.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Good Canadian Online Shops that Sell DJ Equipm [Re: Not_A_Narc]
    #615593 - 04/22/02 01:42 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

Does Canada use regular US plugs/volts? If not get adapters and buy from musicfactory.com

This was one of the funniest things I've read in a while! LOL.. Thank you, needed a good laugh :laugh:

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: Good Canadian Online Shops that Sell DJ Equipm [Re: Thor]
    #615605 - 04/22/02 02:02 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Ah, yea.. like I heard that Canada uses like 379 volts - DC for there wall outlets. I also heard that there plug outlets have 22 prongs for verticle voltage to hortizontal digital to analog stablzation.

BTW: For safety reason one might wish to advoid Canada's standard Nuclear Powered electric tooth brushes. (there step down transform's core might melt down producing a small non-magical mushroom cloud that can cause blindness in male cats) - Please be advised. :smile:

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: Good Canadian Online Shops that Sell DJ Equipment? [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #616732 - 04/23/02 07:43 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Everyones a DJ......

Ill give you the advice I give everyone buying their own equipment.

Go cheap. If your thinking of dishing out for Tek 12s and a pioneer mixer think again, Save your money and go with cheaper equipment. Theirs not that much diference when it comes to the fundamentals and the skills that really count when it comes to equipment and with the money you save you can afford to buy top notch music.

Remember its all about the music. Dont turn into another wana-b DJ with high end gear, the flashy carry cases, monster cables and a crate full of shit music.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Good Canadian Online Shops that Sell DJ Equipment? [Re: GabbaDj]
    #617003 - 04/24/02 01:54 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

Everyones a DJ......

Ill give you the advice I give everyone buying their own equipment.

Go cheap. If your thinking of dishing out for Tek 12s and a pioneer mixer think again, Save your money and go with cheaper equipment. Theirs not that much diference when it comes to the fundamentals and the skills that really count when it comes to equipment and with the money you save you can afford to buy top notch music.

Remember its all about the music. Dont turn into another wana-b DJ with high end gear, the flashy carry cases, monster cables and a crate full of shit music.

This is excellent advice :smile: ...... Save the money and buy more records...

What lower end direct drives do you like BTW?

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: Good Canadian Online Shops that Sell DJ Equipment? [Re: Thor]
    #617166 - 04/24/02 07:51 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Well here is a secret. Their is only one manufacturer left making direct drive motors so for the past few years all direct drives have been basicaly powered the same.
What to look for now is weight and stability. With the right needles you can really bump a Tek12 pretty hard without skipping which is great for the clubs but you dont need all that for your bedroom.
I actually like Gemini, I think that they have gotn a really bad rap in the industry for no reason. My first Gemini 626Pro mixer is still in use by a friend with NO problems not even in the fader and my first Gemini Belt Drives cost me $250 new for two and worked verry well for a long time, long enough to get some skills.

Ive gone CD now, after recording all my favorite vinyl to CD I sold all my equipment and my 1500 plus record collection. I didnt plan on going CD but I just couldnt stop myself from wanting to mix.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

OfflineKilla42082
Stranger
Re: Good Canadian Online Shops that Sell DJ Equipment? [Re: GabbaDj]
    #617455 - 04/24/02 02:42 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

First I am the same person as killa420, but I got a new computer and had forgot my password so when they emailed me a temp password hotmail had shut down my account b/c I never check it so I had to make a new one. Anyway ya'll are right. I first started out with some numark 1520's tables and a numark dm 3002x mixer. The tables were only 150 a piece and the mixer was only 250 bucks. $400 dollars, wasn't that much to start off with. But as I got better at mixing I wanted to learn how to scratch(after I got new needles) but what sucked is that the numark 1520's, even though they are direct drive they sucked ass. You can't scratch worth of shit with them b/c everytime you try the platter would just stop spinning b/c they dont have enough tourqe(sp?). I would suggest buying some tables that are good direct drive with high tourqe if you are looking to scratch. After about 2 weeks of trying to scratch on my numarks the motor had burned out. It took me 3 months to save enough money to buy my new technics(with the help of a mastercard), and since I had learned how to mix on those crappy numarks ,when I got the technics it was so dam easy. Even though they are 500 bucks a piece, they are defenitly worth it in the long run. I should have just dished out the money to start of with instead of buying those numarks but im still glad that I learned on those old tables. I still am using my numark mixer b/c the new one that I want (pioneer djm600) is very expensive. Maby one day I will get enough money to get one but I doubt it would be anytime soon b/c im am always buying new records. If your looking for top of the line equipment get the technics and pioneer mixers, but if you just want something to start of with and play around with I would suggest buying something cheap but you'll probally want to upgrade your equimpment later. If you buy technics, the only difference between the mk3d's and the regular mk2's is that the mk3d's have a little button that when you press it makes the pitch go direclty to 0. If I would have know that was the only difference between the two I would have saved me $200 and bought the mk2's.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies