Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehaxjester
Jack's Friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the street from Jack
First Grow Log w/ pics *updated w/ pics and q's*
    #6125331 - 10/02/06 05:34 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Hello all.  Just wanted to keep a grow log for my FOAF Jack for reference later, and for anyone interested in keeping up w/ it.

Jack decided to go with the  PFTEK  method for his first grow just to get his feet wet in the hobby.

All the materials except for the spores he was able to find locally.
Brown Rice Flour from health food store:

Vermiculite from home supply store (which had small pieces of perlite in it, that had to be removed):

And of course all the other instruments/supplies needed.

20 1/2 pint jars were made, 2 at a time, and PC'd (in the PC mentioned  here) for 90 mins @15psi.

The glovebox was already constructed (Jack has a lot of extra acrylic pieces lying around, as he does a lot of case mods for computers and consoles).

Using the glovebox (and sterile techniques involving alcohol pads), Jack inoculated the 20 jars in a small room sealed off w/ taped garbage bags (the room was thoroughly cleaned with Lysol & Oust) w/ syringes that he bought from a  Shroomery Sponsor.

The jars were then placed into his TiT incubator (which holds at a steady 82°F).

Now is day 4 of the jars being in the incubator and this is how it's coming along.
2 jars inoculated with Amazon Strain doing well:

2 jars inoculated with Amazon Strain taking a little bit longer, but otherwise doing well also:

2 jars inoculated with South American Strain doing well:

2 jars inoculated with South American Strain taking a little bit longer, but otherwise doing well also:

Well that's about all for now, when there is significant progress, or problems, I will update this thread for Jack.
All the info that Jack used to start the project was obtained  here at The Shroomery...Jack says "Thank You" for that. :courtjester:

“I hope, when they die, cartoon characters have to answer for their sins.” -Jack

Edited by haxjester (10/25/06 04:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehaxjester
Jack's Friend
Male User Gallery

Update [Re: haxjester]
    #6147369 - 10/08/06 06:44 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Today is day 11 since Jack has inoculated his jars.  All the jars are doing well, all have colonized, and there is not one with a sign of contamination!  :biggrin:
On day 4 the Amazon strain was looking like it was goin to colonize first, but about day 6, the South American took off! It's probably about 20-30% more colonized than the Amazon.

Amazon on day 11:

South American on day 11:

Jack also started an LC of Amazon strain from 1cc left in the syringe (made w/ Karo syrup) 2 days ago that is showing small signs of growth.  When there is noticable growth, a pic will be added.  :courtjester:

"I am the Pumpkin King!" -Jack

Edited by haxjester (10/08/06 06:53 PM)

Offlineheadieherbs
originalgangster (oflove)
 User Gallery

Loc: around the bend
Re: Update [Re: haxjester]
    #6147569 - 10/08/06 07:30 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

nice work brotha! good luck FOAF makes me laugh everytime i see it though! HAHAH

--------------------
please don't take away my highway shoes..

Write In Your Vote.com - US Politics. For the People, by the People.

Everything posted by the user(s) Headieherbs is either an outright lie or a work of complete fiction

Offlinehaxjester
Jack's Friend
Male User Gallery

Update w/ pics and q's [Re: headieherbs]
    #6210746 - 10/25/06 02:10 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Been a while since I've updated this for Jack.  I've been busy, and he's been lazy  :tongue:  The LC that Jack started went nowhere quick after 2 weeks, and was abondoned due to lack of activity.  Everything went well, except for 2 cakes that had unidentifiable growth on them which were thrown out to be safe.  9 cakes were dunked after 4 days of 100% visual colonization.  5 were rolled and were placed into styrofoam cooler fc's.  4 were crumbled, 2 SA, 2 AM, and left in the baggies overnight.  They were then cased with pastuerized Miracle Gro Moisture Control potting soil, and put back into the incubator for 4 days.  They were then patched, misted, and placed into an fc as according to hyphae's pinning strategy. 

1 SA cake seemed to be eager to show off, and started to fruit just 3 days after placed into the fc.  Jack was wondering if these are ready to harvest, the veils have broken on the 2 largest fruits.  But the little guy on the side is still forming, not an abort, just not as fast of a grower as the cluster.  And if he harvests them, should he leave that little one?  Jack is planning on dunking in between each flush.

The AM cased cakes seem to be doing rather well also.

Can it be seen yet if that will produce an even pinset? (and yeah, Jack realizes he should have picked more of the sticks out of the casing material before applying it, live and learn)

Any help is appreciated, and I will update for Jack when there is significant progress again.  :courtjester:

"I was handed a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler." -Jack

Edited by haxjester (10/25/06 02:12 PM)

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Update w/ pics and q's [Re: haxjester]
    #6210763 - 10/25/06 02:16 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Looks like you'll get a great pinset from that casing!

Good first grow :thumbup:

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Offlinemrsage
new hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Closer
    #6211166 - 10/25/06 04:25 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Nice grow so far -- keep us updated.  Jack sounds like a cool guy to trip with.

Quote:

"I am the Pumpkin King!" -Jack

"I was handed a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler." -Jack

“I hope, when they die, cartoon characters have to answer for their sins.” -Jack

:grin:

--------------------

Yea maybe sometimes I do feel like shit
I aint happy about it, but I'd rather feel like shit
...than be full of shit! - Suicidal Tendencies

Offlineheadieherbs
originalgangster (oflove)
 User Gallery

Loc: around the bend
Re: Update w/ pics and q's [Re: mrsage]
    #6211321 - 10/25/06 05:08 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

how wet is the perlite in Jack's cooler?

--------------------
please don't take away my highway shoes..

Write In Your Vote.com - US Politics. For the People, by the People.

Everything posted by the user(s) Headieherbs is either an outright lie or a work of complete fiction

Offlinehaxjester
Jack's Friend
Male User Gallery

Re: Update w/ pics and q's [Re: headieherbs]
    #6211407 - 10/25/06 05:33 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks mrsage :biggrin:  Jack has his moments  :wink:

headieherbs: The way that Jack setup the perlite in his FC is just like most of the teks/writeups on the site.

For the cakes:  1 1/2" perlite and 1/2-3/4" water (Jack used Distilled water bought from the store, cause his tap water sucks, and put just a touch of 3% peroxide in the water before putting it in the FC)

For the crumbled/cased cakes:  About 3/4" perlite that was misted, didnt put any standing water in the FC with the cased cakes.

And if anyone knows what Jack should do about that little/still growing fruit just south of the cluster let me know.  :courtjester:

"I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion" -Jack

Offlinehaxjester
Jack's Friend
Male User Gallery

#6235408 - 11/01/06 03:00 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Things have been going well with Jack's first grow. 

Here's a pic from a few days ago from a 2nd FC that Jack has going:

That knobby one in the top middle turned into this beaut!

One of Jack's crumbled cake casings (the SA) was taken away by the mean green(prob cause he patched with UN-pastuerized casing material, that dumbass :foreheadslap: ), but the other survived.

The survivor (the AM) is doing great:

Jack was wonderin what he should do about those 2 or 3 impatient little mushies that are already mature.  Should they be picked, or just left to over-mature? 
More later when something interesting happens.  :courtjester:

"It's fascinating to think that all around us there's an invisible world we can't even see. I'm speaking, of course, of the World of the Invisible Scary Skeletons." -Jack

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds