Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineperroloco
Stranger
ID Request (Heavy bruising- large shroom)
    #6118034 - 09/30/06 09:29 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Hello,
Today I stumbled on these two mushrooms:

I have read the guidelines that say that psychoactive mushrooms are small and there are BIG, but their immediate bruising made me take them home.
Location, Southern Europe, inside forest, growing on soil and old pine-needles. Actually the cap of the mushroom had lifted a handful of earth as it came up.
The gills are yellow, very dense, fiber-like (Not linear)
The stem has the same color as gills about 5 cm in diameter and unknown height because I did not uproot them. However the exposed stem was ~7-10cm long.
The cap has a reddish-brown color but it was covered in earth so it could be lighter. The cap does not bruise because it is pretty hard, bark-like. It is circular on the young mushroom and elliptical on the older mushroom. Diameter about 12-15cm. Between the skin of the cap
and the gills is a foamy substance.
Spore print N/A
The Young mushroom bruised within 2 seconds a deep blue-purple color all along the cut of the stem. The older mushroom bruised only on the perimeter of the stem (and it took longer). Some bruising on the gills if they are pressed. No apparent bruising on the cap.

I know that the area here has its own indigenous mushroom, but I've never seen one before. Seeing the bruising made me write this post hoping for an appraisal.
Any other info I can provide.
Thank you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineperroloco
Stranger
Re: ID Request (Heavy bruising- large shroom) [Re: perroloco]
    #6118052 - 09/30/06 09:44 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Update: The cap DOES bruise but internally, it does not show through skin of cap.

Invisiblelandsnorkler

Loc: Montana
Trusted Identifier
    #6118059 - 09/30/06 09:49 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

That is some type of bolete. Not active. Possibly poisonous. Deffinitely do not eat that.

--------------------

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jaw-juh
Re: ID Request (Heavy bruising- large shroom) [Re: landsnorkler]
    #6118088 - 09/30/06 10:04 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

There are lots of blue bruising boletes. Most of the poisonous boletes bruise blue. Their blue bruising is totally different in mechanism from the blue bruising of active mushrooms. You should consider this mushroom poisonous as stated. Beautiful pics though, that second one is stunning.

Offlineperroloco
Stranger
Re: ID Request (Heavy bruising- large shroom) [Re: xmush]
    #6118122 - 09/30/06 10:27 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

xmush said:
There are lots of blue bruising boletes.  Most of the poisonous boletes bruise blue.  Their blue bruising is totally different in mechanism from the blue bruising of active mushrooms.  You should consider this mushroom poisonous as stated.  Beautiful pics though, that second one is stunning.

Reading on boletes it became apparent them my shrooms are blue-bruising boletes  :sad:
xmush you mentioned different bruising mechanisms. Could you please shed some light on that, so I know what to look for next time?
From what I read boletes contain an acid that reacts with oxygen, turning blue. So when cut or pressed that reaction occurs.
What is the bruising mechanism on the actives? A link will suffice
Thanks again

Offlinemrt30101
Sir Shroomer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Cobb, Georgia
    #6118144 - 09/30/06 10:34 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

notice the spongeyness under the cap...actives have gills.

--------------------
drugs are bad! :wink:

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jaw-juh
    #6118550 - 09/30/06 01:37 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Actually I didn't know that that was how boletes bruised. In that case it is similar to active mushrooms, where oxidation of psilocin (the active chemical) causes a blue color change. So similar mechanisms, but different chemicals causing it to happen.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder