Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
The @#$%ing Psychic Abilities Test
    #611687 - 04/18/02 06:36 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Ok boys and girls......here' the test:

Guess which finger I'm holding up.........

That's it......well some of you have already ended up in the gutter......why would you think it was "that" finger?

Anyway, you have ten choices, because I have ten fingers.
Here's your choices:
Choose (Left) or (Right)
(Thumb)
(Index)
(The Bird)
(Next to bird)
(Pinky)

Good Luck!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Re: The @#$%ing Psychic Abilities Test [Re: Tannis]
    #611705 - 04/18/02 07:10 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, so I lied, this isn't really a psychic abilities test. I'm attempting to prove a point......
(and just have a little fun doing it)

Many people have misconceptions about "abilities" that don't have scientific measuring sticks, or little answer booklets with them. People often think of them like side show or carnival games---like the "guess my weight and win a prize" games........
This kind of misconception adds to the skepticism surrounding the true gifts and makes people suspicious. All gifts are viewed as fraudulant.

The other problem is with fear. In just a few hours I will be cleansing and blessing a house for a couple and their daughter. The mother and daughter are both very afraid and are experiencing some very strange and terrifying noises...like heavy objects being dropped in other rooms, and footsteps heard in other rooms when the family is all in one room. I explained to the minister (who will be with me) last night on the phone, that I will have to investigate the house and grounds.....but the first thing we have to do is get rid of the fear. The minister then admitted that he was feeling afraid as well..... We talked and I said that I may go in laughing and joking, just to relax the family and get them out of fear before doing anything else. Fear often opens the door for other problems.

Another problem with this sort of thing is that when ever you begin talking about it.....people think of the psychic hot-lines or of some side show mind reader, or even of some evil mind controler or something. This again creates misunderstandings.
For instance, I am what is known as an empath. I'm not a "psychic" although, some books refer to empaths as "psychic sensitives".
Empaths "feel" or "sense" the feelings of others, or they pick up on the energies existing or left in the environment. We're kind of a weird bunch. We hear trees sing (actually we hear the vibrations of the life energy------pine trees are cool they sound real low and base-y). We talk to animals (not like you and I talk----its more thinking in pictures and emotions to each other.........its not hard, you just project your conscienousness into the animal's mind and duplicate the kind of pictures you see there.......Wow...watch out for very instinctive creatures though.....you can get a headache!)

Another thing is that psychic abilities or gifts can be controled to some extent but they seem to function best when they "just happen".
Often the person who experiences these strange occurances doesn't completely understand the experience. Stuff just happens!

Well, I think I've started this thread with enough to intrigue some and infurriate others, and I have a lot of paperwork to do so I'll just stop for now. Have fun, add your experiences PLEASE!!!!!! I'm going to be busy so I may not be able to post for a while.....and for those of you who still want to take the test....the answer is (none of the above) ....I'm not holding up any fingers, I'm typing this post..........

Anonymous

#611863 - 04/18/02 11:26 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

It's not polite to flip people off (with your left hand) even if they are skeptical.

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Re: The @#$%ing Psychic Abilities Test [Re: ]
    #611866 - 04/18/02 11:28 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for setting me straight......I'm left handed and have been using my left.....I'll switch.

OfflineSofaJesus
journeyman
    #611895 - 04/18/02 12:01 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Rigt hand
Next to the bird

--------------------
"...and to the left where up is down now stand a zebra made of shapes of me and silver and the sun so bring no guilt with you up above the flatline let's just hit the sky exploding into one." [ HUM ]

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Re: The @#$%ing Psychic Abilities Test [Re: SofaJesus]
    #611929 - 04/18/02 12:38 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Well, friends, here at the Shroomery Side Show (not affiliated with the Shroomery) we now have two winners!
They have both won a Homestead Mushroom Kit (not affiliated with the Homestead Book Company--all prizes void) and can claim their prizes by calling these poor folks and telling them to send it!!!!!!

Thanks for playing!!!!!!

Now step right up! That's right......you........step right up!

Share your paranormal experiences!
Ask those questions you're afraid to ask!
(Newbies welcomed!)
Step right up and post..........

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags