Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
Who believes in ghosts?
    #610900 - 04/17/02 01:03 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

So who here believes in ghosts, or whatever else you might call them?
Any interesting stories about your experiences?
Where do they come from? Does everyone end up a ghost, or only certain people?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Who believes in ghosts? [Re: TeKHeAD009]
    #610911 - 04/17/02 01:18 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Ghosts are souls of people that get stuck in between the physical world and the afterlife. This can happen in several ways, usually when the person dies very suddenly, and cannot come to terms with their death. Instead of moving on into the afterlife.. they continue living as if they were still in the physical world, doing the same routine over and over even though they are no longer in a physical body. They have died, but their soul does not accept that they have died, and so they don't move on to the next world.. they just stay where they are as a soul.

Many times a person will die and will not accept that they have died. So they will just continue living the same life they did when they were alive. Lay in bed, get up, go to work, come home, walk around.

These are souls that need help.
Ghosts are just lost souls, who need direction. I have met with people who travel into the astral plane where ghosts are usually stuck, and find these souls and help take them to where they need to be. This process is called a soul retrieval, and I have actually done one once. It basically entails entering into the realm where they are stuck, and kindly showing them love, and telling them that their physical body has died, until they come to terms with it, and telling them that there is a place they need to go where they can meet their loved ones who are waiting for them. Usually telling them that their loved ones are waiting for them is what gets them to come. Because being a ghost is a lonely thing.

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#610912 - 04/17/02 01:19 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I do not believe in ghosts.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflineWeirdShroomer
journeyman
Loc: Sebia
    #610920 - 04/17/02 01:29 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I do beleive..in fact Im sure they exist...
......Shroomism I agree with you in this one.

------weird-------

--------------------
----weird-----
Smoking dynamite can seriously blow your mind

OfflineNextGenHippie
enthusiast
Loc: MD, USA
    #610944 - 04/17/02 02:08 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I agree with shroomism also... hey, new icons!!!

--------------------
[pot]Think left and think right[pot]
[pot]and think low and think high[pot]
[pot]Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try[pot]
-Dr. Seuss

OfflineJason D Stoner
bum
Loc: SoCal
Re: Who believes in ghosts? [Re: NextGenHippie]
    #611261 - 04/17/02 08:12 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

These ghosts that are stuck in a world where they go to work and eveything... when they are at work, dont they notice that no one talks to them or notices them? or do they just live out a past work day in their minds?
just curious.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #611277 - 04/17/02 08:47 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

As if I need to state my opinion on this...

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflinecHeMiCaLbLuE
Re: Who believes in ghosts? [Re: Jason D Stoner]
    #611377 - 04/17/02 10:41 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

watch the movie "ground hog day".

--------------------
insanity with a plan, a plan to stop exercising truth as compared to breathing thin air, but to experience truth as all there is to experience, for what do i not already have that exsists? All i can do is enjoy the ride.

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #611417 - 04/17/02 11:34 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I beleive in ghosts.....but to stray from the seemed concensus I don't really agree with shroomism on this one. I don't think ghosts have anything to do with a "soul". Ghosts can be anything from a full on apperition (visible form) to an emotional impression, or a physical manifestation of kinetic energy (a lotta words for things move). As far as I can explain when you die (but not only when you die) a part of your concsiosness is split and remains in that area. Usually its the portion that has evolved the most recently. You can leave a "ghost" behind during certain types of psychadelic trips, or near death experiences as well. You don't necessarily need to die to lose part of your conscious energy.

This may seem like its missing a lot in my explanation, but my definitions of consciousness, soul, ghost etc are all long winded, and I don't feel cluttering this post with more useless information that has been piled within my mind.

Oh and shroomism, your explanation sounds a lot like the movie "The sixth sense". hmmm.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Anonymous

Re: Who believes in ghosts? [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #611436 - 04/17/02 11:48 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I never saw that movie.. was it any good?

Anonymous

#611439 - 04/17/02 11:52 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

<--believer

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #611666 - 04/18/02 05:32 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I moved into a nice 100 year old house last summer. Well I was there alone one night about a month ago. I was going out later and decided to take a short nap beforehand. I went into the hallway just off the dining room to adjust the thermostat before lying down for a couple of hours. As I was standing there facing the thermostat, I heard the very distinct sound of footsteps coming from another part of the house. The house has hard wood floors. There is no mistaking the sound of someone walking in that house.

The noise was not soft at all..exactly what you'd expect to hear when someone is walking around in the house. There were several footsteps, then silence. The house was completely dark except for the dim light in the hallway. I felt energy shoot all over my body and was quite alarmed of course. I gathered my courage and began searching the house for the supposed intruder. I found nothing. I looked in every room, under beds, behind shower curtains. The security system was on and I was alone. I was awake and stone cold sober( especially after the footsteps). Anyway, you can draw your own conclusions. Incidently, I live in the South and the house is located adjacent to a confederate- era cemetary.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Anonymous

#611853 - 04/18/02 11:19 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I believe there are unexplained phenomena that people experience and term such phenomena 'ghosts.' I do not believe Shroomism's explanation of such phenomena.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Who believes in ghosts? [Re: cHeMiCaLbLuE]
    #611859 - 04/18/02 11:24 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds a lot more like the 6th Sense than Groundhog Day, IMO. My understanding is that a ghost would not be fully conscious, I suppose it would be like being heavily sedated, but not being aware that you have been sedated. The ghost would probably be dimly aware that something is up, but not realize what the situation actually is.

Something like that.

*shrugs*

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Who believes in ghosts? [Re: Revelation]
    #611871 - 04/18/02 11:36 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

The ghost would probably be dimly aware that something is up, but not realize what the situation actually is.
When your brain rots and is buried, one's thinking gets a little less clear than it used to be.

--------------------

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
    #611876 - 04/18/02 11:41 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

A true ghost is a disembodied spirit.

Most reportings of ghosts are actually psychic entities, or just energy stuck in the environment. They're fun to play with (mostly) but they are not "real". They are however, sentient or self aware.

Then you have polterguiests (sp?) which is telekenesis involving an adolescent. They like to make noise and throw things but they are just mental energy.

Then you have spirits---both good and bad ones. If you have these---call an exorcist. The others will scare the shit out of you......spirits will "beat" the shit out of you!

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Who believes in ghosts? [Re: Swami]
    #611930 - 04/18/02 12:40 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

When your brain rots and is buried, one's thinking gets a little less clear than it used to be.

Actually, it doesn't. The latest scientific research is that even when the brain is registering completly brain dead there is still an immense amount of thought going on. Think it was in New Scientist a couple of months ago.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Who believes in ghosts? [Re: Xlea321]
    #612098 - 04/18/02 04:05 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

You are too funny!

And the scientists were measuring the amount of brainwaves that were not measurable...

--------------------

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
Re: Who believes in ghosts? [Re: Xlea321]
    #612355 - 04/18/02 09:07 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I also read that somewhere Alex, swami. That there are brain waves still going after someone is dead.

I just wanted some opinions on the matter, It seems most people do believe in "...unexplained phenomena that people experience and term such phenomena 'ghosts.'" (I liked that).

I believe myself, I didnt up until about a year ago when I moved to the house I currently live in...
-I was sitting on my computer doing my usual computer stuff... I heard footsteps on the floor walk behind my chair and stop just behind me and to the left. I also had the feeling that someone was their - You didnt see or hear them, but you know they entered the room - like if someone is looking at you in a crowd and you can feel it, turn around and find who, or vice versa. Out of the side of my eye I saw a someone, and wondering who It was I turned around. Nothing, no body
was their. I thought it may have been the dog, but the dog wasn?t in the room. It was strange, but shrugged it off thinking it may have been my imagination. A day or two after, my dad had experienced something strange also - going outside to smoke a cigarette, when he looked up (after doing something, lighting the cigarette, picking something up, I forget) he saw someone standing on our porch - just for a second before 'it' disappeared. I brought up what happened to me, and my mom had a story as well. The other week, she had seen someone walk by the kitchen window. She was frightened and picked up a blunt object to defend herself if 'he' tried to get in. Wierd. - just thought I'd share, you can come up with your own conclusion as to how thats possiable, or impossiable.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom