Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletrigger
non-trusted identifier
 User Gallery

gbhj
    #6108394 - 09/27/06 06:10 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by trigger<p>Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
If you want to under stand me more better, use a hillbilly redneck voice while trans posing my words 

Edited by trigger (03/06/09 11:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: Hygrocybe conica ,witches hat, experimenting??? [Re: trigger]
    #6108423 - 09/27/06 06:17 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

This is listed below as "Edibility/Psychoactivity of Hygrocybe conica (the witch's hat)".
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5778905

Check out more "Related Threads" right below.
l
l
l
V

--------------------

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #6108428 - 09/27/06 06:18 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

A controlled experiment would be much more wise.

Like: Breaking down the mushroom to find it's makeup rather than eating it.

Later.

Invisibletrigger
non-trusted identifier
 User Gallery

Re: Hygrocybe conica ,witches hat, experimenting??? *DELETED* [Re: psiclops]
    #6108460 - 09/27/06 06:28 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by trigger

Reason for deletion: bghju

--------------------
If you want to under stand me more better, use a hillbilly redneck voice while trans posing my words 

Edited by trigger (09/27/06 06:31 PM)

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #6108585 - 09/27/06 06:53 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Would you also say that you want to take a "safe as possible" approach at having unprotected sex with an AIDS patient?

Invisibletrigger
non-trusted identifier
 User Gallery

Re: Hygrocybe conica ,witches hat, experimenting??? [Re: psiclops]
    #6108605 - 09/27/06 06:58 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

iam finding many reports that say edible, active, and not of concern, only this one report of deadly, it was 50 years ago, and none of poisonous. grrr just so little info on them.

--------------------

Invisibletrigger
non-trusted identifier
 User Gallery

#6108630 - 09/27/06 07:03 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

well i understand your reasoning, just not quite the same as aids, many have eaten them with no ill effects, cant find many people trying unprotected sex without getting aids.

--------------------

OfflineFeelers
Anti-Myth-Rhythm-Rock-Shocker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Oz
    #6108823 - 09/27/06 07:49 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Well horseonsand hill ate some, and he felt a definate sensation, with no nausea, and that others in his reigon eat them AS actives.

The china thing is a total waste of time, best to leave that out of the equation. Next - can anyone one even find one report of negative effects from this mushroom??
One guy says "More than likely several strains of the species exist, and though some are edible some may not be. It should be regarded as dangerous."
That statement really annoys me, it's a random stab in the dark and that could be said of any mushroom. He doesnt give any reason why this is the case.

Personally I think its all bullshit, the only reason people say it shouldnt be eaten is because they dont want to take the leap. I think a more accurate statement would go something like this...

Quote:

Hygrocybe conica has been eaten by many people throughout the world, including some notable mycologists. There is no evidence to suggest that this species is poisonous other than a very unreliable report from 1918 China.

Once you've had your name tarnished as a poisonous mushroom - it takes a very long time to get it back. Its easy to say there might be poisonous strains, that why they dont have to take any responsibility for what they say, especially when there isnt even any evidence to suggest this.

If it were me, I'd eat it, but you probably guessed that! Mis-information really fucks me off. :grin:

Invisibletrigger
non-trusted identifier
 User Gallery

#6108832 - 09/27/06 07:52 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

after reading the posts mentioned above, consulting my handbook, and tons of internet info, i will continue the experiment process...

in research i found some articles that state the mushroom has different effects of different people, humm maybe a active, but maybe not psilocybin active?

i will report back after more research and experimentation. the mushroom is quite plentiful in my surroundings, would this be an illegal? maybe the cops can test it for me? ill have a soccer mom bring one down to them for analysis.......

--------------------

Invisibletrigger
non-trusted identifier
 User Gallery

#6109111 - 09/27/06 09:09 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

well, SAM reports a funny feeling and a numb face, not strong tho, i guess ill wait for a few days before handing him a full cap, iam very excited yet still cautious, cant wait to see what happens, hopefully not a drive to the hospital.

--------------------

Offlineladle3000
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6109174 - 09/27/06 09:25 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

"Hygrocybe conica, popularly known as witch's hat, was at the center of the interest for the question of its edibility, with some legends and confusion. It is variously considered edible (in particular when cooked), not recommended, toxic (or slightly toxic) or dangerous. This is probably due to the presence of different strains, so that some specimens are edible, some are not. In the '30s, 4 deaths in China (Tonkin) were (perhaps mistakenly) attributed to it (HEIM 1963); this sort of legend had a so long life that many authors now consider H. conica with suspicion. It was placed among mushrooms causing choleriform mycetism (IBID.).

This species was claimed even to be hallucinogenic in some Internet sites selling spores and spawn kits for hallucinogenic mushrooms like P. cubensis. Perhaps, the same name witch's hat is evocative of some psychoactive properties, in reality referring only to the form of the cap.

Some ingestions provoked an odd sensation of lightheadedness and numbness (ARORA 1986). No tryptamines were found, only L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (L-DOPA) and muscaflavin, biogenetically derived from L-DOPA. L-DOPA is responsible for the black coloration after bruising or ageing (Steglich & Preuss 1975, Stijve 2003b); this fact could be misunderstood by person searching for hallucinogenic mushrooms, interpreting the blackening phenomenon for a blueing one."

--------------------
--Ladle--

Offlinemjgecko
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6109685 - 09/27/06 11:39 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Thank god for the taste testers out there and the ones how died in the line of duty. A quote form one of my shroom books: "There are bold mushroom hunters and old mushroom hunters, but no old and bold mushroom hunters.

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: Hygrocybe conica ,witches hat, experimenting??? [Re: mjgecko]
    #6109695 - 09/27/06 11:43 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

From what I've gathered is that there is a hallucinogenic kind, a poisonious kind, and a kind that that will make you a little sick. I think this depends on the strain... Thats all I know!

Invisibletrigger
non-trusted identifier
 User Gallery

Re: Hygrocybe conica ,witches hat, experimenting??? [Re: Rebirtha]
    #6109739 - 09/27/06 11:59 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

yeah lots of mysteries and variations, after researching ladle3000's comment i really just think this mushroom may be to unpredictable,,, iam coming to realize even if this an active next time it may not be.

--------------------

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
    #6109748 - 09/28/06 12:05 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Exactly. I think some are, and some aren't. I don't think its a set thing. Its sort of like russian roulette, with probably about .333 as your odds of success.

Invisibletrigger
non-trusted identifier
 User Gallery

Re: Hygrocybe conica ,witches hat, experimenting??? [Re: Rebirtha]
    #6109842 - 09/28/06 12:41 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

funny really funny when i first found them i said id keep em for a good game of mushroom roulette.

but really i am searching for if there is a real bullet in the pistol or a rubber one? meaning deadly or poisinous,,,,

--------------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #6110096 - 09/28/06 03:14 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah with that kind of history id say its PROBABLY pretty safe - i mean if the only reported poisoning is from China - and I wouldnt really expect a reputable identification from a mushroom found in the 1930s in China, i wouldnt be overly concerned.
THAT BEING SAID, Im not actually endorsing the cinsumption of this mushroom, and people are just finding out about toxicity in some genus now, so that may suggest that it is questionable.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #6111214 - 09/28/06 12:24 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I personally would not recommend anyo9ne eating this species or related Hygrocybe mushrooms.

three iamges:

mj

Offlinemrt30101
Sir Shroomer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Cobb, Georgia
Re: Hygrocybe conica ,witches hat, experimenting??? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #6115642 - 09/29/06 01:52 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

well to tell you the truth my cousin and i ate a couple and they obviously aren't poison. if i had one in front of me right now i'd eat it to prove this myth wrong. i was in wv a couple weeks ago and we came across the witches hat and decided to eat it. they do give you a slight head change but they aren't active by any means. oh and they bruise black not blue. when you find a blue bruising mushroom you'll surely know the difference.

--------------------
drugs are bad! :wink:

InvisibleAmatoxin
Injected With A Poison

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not So Great Britain
Re: Hygrocybe conica ,witches hat, experimenting??? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #6115832 - 09/29/06 02:41 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
I personally would not recommend anyo9ne eating this species or related Hygrocybe mushrooms.

I've actively sought out the meadow wax cap (Hygrocybe pratensis) for a good few years now, they're classed as a very good edible and I like them.

Hygrocybe coccinea are pretty tasty too  :tongue:

--------------------

Sectioned Under The Mental Health Act Sat 20-10-07 to Thurs 01-11-07 for playing TECHNO music

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag