Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechad2ss
Stranger
 User Gallery
lexapro, shrooms, timing. 1st timer (kinda)
    #6108356 - 09/27/06 06:01 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

just joined, but have been reading awhile...

2 weeks ago my roommate and myself, got ahold of some mushies and split what the guy told us was "a dose for one"....  my buddy was a pretty hard acid tripper in college, and he lost it.... we made tea, and split the moist shrooms afterwards. he went kinda ridiculous and called his parents and made them come GET HIM!!!! anyways, NOTHING happened to me. VERY VERY dissappointed to say the least... then a week later, ate what would, according to my guy, was enough for 2. again NOTHING. then i catch up with some info and see that SSRI's such as lexapro can greatly afffect tripping... umm YEAH!!!! now I believe that i dont need that medication anymore, i am a happy guy, everything in my life is just fine, so as of last thursday, i have been off of the lex, and plan to try again on friday.... for a 1st timer (kinda)... lol.... waht are your suggestions? thanks in advance for any help!!!    :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechad2ss
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: lexapro, shrooms, timing. 1st timer (kinda) [Re: chad2ss]
    #6108364 - 09/27/06 06:02 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

by the way thanks to Sam1912 who taught me how to start a thread!!!  :thumbup:

Edited by chad2ss (09/27/06 06:03 PM)

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
    #6108383 - 09/27/06 06:07 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

What kind of suggestions are you looking for? How are did you think through already?

As for dose for 1, dose for 2... well.. next time ask for weight or you could use gram scales. Or if you really want to be like me(ahem), balance a penny to estimate the weight. penny weights 2.5g :p

In general, things like sitter, timing, enhancement plans, walking, blindfolds, music, etc.. are better if planned. For some, just plunge and going with whatever is better. What's your plan so far?

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinechad2ss
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: lexapro, shrooms, timing. 1st timer (kinda) [Re: Sam1912]
    #6108418 - 09/27/06 06:16 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

well each "bag" (dose) has approximately 2 stems and either 1 large cap or 2 smaller ones. forgive my ignorance i do not know much about the actual product, as its hard to find here, tried to cultivate, failed, and have recently come across some.... and jumped on the opportunity to dive in. as for preparation, i believe that i am in sound enough mind to enjoy this thoroughly as everything i read, everything that i imagine, is something that i have always wanted to experience.... as for setting, a friend (who has plenty of acid experience, but not shrooms) will be tripping with me... we plan to just chill here at my place, maybe catch the doors or fear and loathing or go for a walk around town here... looking to do it by early evening and have it last most of the night. (I work nights so this shouldnt disrupt anything in that sense) did i miss anything?

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#6108534 - 09/27/06 06:42 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I'm sorry for being so vague.. but 2stems and few caps are soooooo relative. I have some mushrooms I can share with 2 other people for very strong trip. And i have some I need to eat 20 just to get a decent trip. Gram scales aren't very expensive... pennies are even cheaper. :p

I'll suggest a sober sitter as i do with every first timer. Mental aspect can really feed on itself and things can go out of control very fast. Having someone snapping you back to reality can avert some very uncomfortable and possible dangerous situation.

Have some snacks and water handy. And go make sure you know where they are before tripping. If you plan on having some fruits, try not to handle sharp objects. Have someone hide the car keys and your wallet. Have only emergency money in your pocket.

i'm sorry your attempt at learning mycology went south.. it'd been great to have more people involved.

LSD and Mushies kinda have their own life. You can plan for certain aspects, but they kinda make you do whatever. I've had friends trying mushies first time getting obsessed staring into a mirror for hours and hours and didn't care about anything else we've planned. When things like that happen, just let them happen.

I think watching movies is like one of the worst violation and wasted chemicals.(this is my opinion only) It's better to stare into nothing and let your mind wonder than watching a movie. Walking outside definitely promotes mind wondering.

I believe there are few threads here that have list of things to try when on tripping. They are good starting point. Just make sure you spend enough time to appreciate and experience each. Your mind will tell you when it gets bored with it.

Unlikely at less than 1/8th ounce, but you might find yourself repeating same sequence of things over and over. It's called a mind loop. I usually have my wife hide the my wallet for this reason.

did I miss anything?

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinechad2ss
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6108558 - 09/27/06 06:48 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

well thank you very much, and my cultivating ventures are not over, i will not give up that easily... thanks for your insight, i will suely keep them all in mind! what about my lexapro issue... does anyone believe that by friday i will have allowed that interference to be removed from my body?

Offlinechad2ss
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6108578 - 09/27/06 06:52 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

i will grab myself a scale as well... can email anyone pics and maybe you can identify what i have? that would be of GREAT help!

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#6108589 - 09/27/06 06:55 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Not sure.. I think 3 weeks to get rid of all effects of SSRIs, isn't it? I'll do some research for you.

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#6108624 - 09/27/06 07:02 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

*Prozac (fluoxetine)
has an active metabolite (norfluoxetine) that is very slowly metabolized, so its levels actually build up to twice as much as the levels of Prozac itself. They drop very slowly; count on a week for a 50% drop and five weeks or so before it's all gone. Consequently, the 5-day detox recommended by Clusterbusters won't work for Prozac. The other antidepressants (Celexa, Lexapro, Luvox, Zoloft) all have a 24 hour halflife, so five days is enough, and Paxil has a 12 hour halflife so is gone in even less time.

There you have it. 5 days to clean out.

There is something I just want to pop into your head. Starting to use SSRI as anti-depressant has shown to be cause of numberous suicides. Please keep that in mind when you restart your medication.

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#6108631 - 09/27/06 07:03 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Top left, there's a "Welcome, blah blah".  Under that, there's a My this my that.  Click on my pics, then you can upload pictures and after upload, it'll give you link you can copy and paste into posts :smile:

--------------------

Offlinechad2ss
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6108715 - 09/27/06 07:19 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

will do thank you very much!!! so i should well and good to go friday, yeah??? i am absolutely pumped and that is about the same result of the research i did on the topic! thanks again for all your help!

Offlinechad2ss
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6108728 - 09/27/06 07:21 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

im gonna head out to work... thanks again for your help and any suggestions and/or first hand experience with lexapro~mushrooms would be greatly appreciated!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder