Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePS_Cubes
Searching...
 User Gallery

Loc: ...for LSD
Dunking/Coldshocking question
    #6105250 - 09/26/06 09:29 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I've read about dunking but am hard pressed to find info. about coldshocking.... I think they're the same thing except with coldshocking you leave your cakes submersed in a colder climate (fridge).  After they first colonize and before the next flushes.  Did I get it right?  Any links or tips on coldshocking/dunking would be of much use : )  :stoned:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBabo911
Pooper Scooper
 User Gallery

Loc: Arizona Bay
Re: Dunking/Coldshocking question [Re: PS_Cubes]
    #6105267 - 09/26/06 09:32 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Here is a tip. For cubes don't cold shock. A dunk for 12-24 hrs and rolled in fresh verm is best.

Also known as dunk and roll

--------------------

Ronhero on the Growery is me

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Dunking/Coldshocking question [Re: Babo911]
    #6105335 - 09/26/06 09:48 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I disagree completely. I will put 2 years of experience on the line here. READ HYPHAE's PINNING STRATEGIES!!! Dunking replenishes some of the water to the cakes, and double end casing is far more effective than rolling. If you feel doing both, more power to you. Coldshocking is a triggering signal for pinning. Coldshocking healthy myc network simulates a change in condition from protective substrate layer to exposed outer layer which indicates time for reproductive cycle.

For beginners, dunk/coldshock/double end case(don't roll if you don't feel comfortable about handling cakes so much).

One very important thing here. We take great care to provide the most ideal condition for growth throughout the grow, but we fail to give the most ideal indications to let them know when to start their reproductive cycle. Please, everyone take a few minutes to read Hyphae's post regarding pinning strategies. It applies to all cubies and most other strains.

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflinePS_Cubes
Searching...
 User Gallery

Loc: ...for LSD
Re: Dunking/Coldshocking question [Re: Sam1912]
    #6105374 - 09/26/06 09:58 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the replies, to you especially Sam. Do I just keep the cakes/casings cooler when they are fully colonized then? (coldshocking?). Also.... what is "double end casing" .... something like rolling the colonized cake in vermiculite?

--------------------

OfflineBabo911
Pooper Scooper
 User Gallery

#6105416 - 09/26/06 10:10 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I'll put 6 years on the line that I have never seen a point in cold shocking w/ cubes

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#6105426 - 09/26/06 10:12 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

First, optimal incubation temperature is 83-86F. Fruiting is about 10F less. To help with transition, you let the outside of the cakes fully colonize, wait 2-3days to make sure inside of the cakes are colonize, then initiate your pinning triggers. 10F is supposed to be enough, but to really start it out, you coldshock in near freezing temperatures for a day. While you are doing this, you can dunk your cakes(not casings) to replenish water. After 24 hours in the fridge, you take the cakes/casings into the fruiting chamber to initiate 2 other triggers fresh air exchange(FAE) and light(this is why not peeking during incubation is also important). I have to tell you that timing of coldshocking for casing is a little different. For a casing, you make the casing, put back in incubator(preferred) or fruiting chamber for few days(depends heavily on growth rate) for some more myc growth, and when you are ready for it transfer over fruiting cycle, you'd coldshock it. Casing coldshock duration also depends on the growth rate of the myc, faster colonlization=more time in the fridge.

Double end casing is simply verm on top and bottom. Sterilize some verm(I never really seen the need for this part before, though), put some on the dish/lid you'll be using to support the cakes, spray down until moist(not wet), put the cakes on them, put more verm on top, spray down until moist. There's almost no additional handling of cakes and less likely to bruise them.

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: Dunking/Coldshocking question [Re: Babo911]
    #6105440 - 09/26/06 10:17 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I'll take that bet.

This was from my first grows. I think first flush was harvested at 24days or something like that. I did used to use dextrose solution to make syringes during those days to speed up germination.

cased from PF cakes.

2ns flush I think...

Very first cake.

--------------------

Edited by Sam1912 (09/26/06 10:32 PM)

OfflineBabo911
Pooper Scooper
 User Gallery

Re: Dunking/Coldshocking question [Re: Sam1912]
    #6105511 - 09/26/06 10:36 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

With I had pics with me right now.... I will not argue that it works for you, just never seen a point of cold shocking. Done it with no better result.

FAE, dunking, rolling or verm cap, and proper RH is more of a problem for most growers.

I did give you 5+ but am not admitting defeat :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder