Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSatchmo
Stranger
Amanita Muscaria in Cali?
    #6105142 - 09/26/06 09:04 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

According to this website "The Fungi of California", Amanita Muscaria does grow in the bay area. Ive been searching the forums here and ive found some claiming they simply do not grow here.

Is there any truth to this?

I would figure they would not grow well in an area like santa cruise or San francisco any help would be nice.

http://www.mykoweb.com/CAF/species/Amanita_muscaria.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineQuankus
keep a dreamjournal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Benicia, CA and Monterey ...
Re: Amanita Muscaria in Cali? [Re: Satchmo]
    #6105353 - 09/26/06 09:52 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I've seen the amanita species, never muscaria though.
Good question

--------------------

CyanoFriscosa

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Amanita Muscaria in Cali? [Re: Quankus]
    #6105405 - 09/26/06 10:07 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

they grow fine in santa cruz. i picked many specimens down there.

heres some photos.

^ grew right up out of the cement!

in santa cruz i was told of a hill that fruited muscaria in the masses, and one day i did finaly find 23 large open tops, uneaten and almost untouched. however i didnt have a camera back then. im sure angryshroom has found quite a few specimens in santa cruz too.

the season there starts around mid-november through to december.

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
Re: Amanita Muscaria in Cali? [Re: Satchmo]
    #6105421 - 09/26/06 10:11 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

They seem to do well in landscaped areas.. I've been to SF before, in the city but didn't see too many pine trees (they grow under those often). Muscaria grows in most (if not just about all?) states.

I'd guess that if you could find the right habitat that they could possibly be there... why not go look for other actives if you are near the bay area?

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Invisiblebaycafe
Urawa RedDiamonds
 User Gallery

Loc: 埼玉県&...
Re: Amanita Muscaria in Cali? [Re: eris]
    #6105690 - 09/26/06 11:33 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

They are in San Francisco and likely many of the hills in that area.

--------------------
I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur I see a big light blur.

俺のシロシャイビケッルリプスがここです。

東京スカパラダイスオクストラ

OfflineQuankus
keep a dreamjournal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Benicia, CA and Monterey ...
Re: Amanita Muscaria in Cali? [Re: baycafe]
    #6109161 - 09/27/06 09:21 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Santa Cruz is just an hour up Highway 1 for me (monterey bay) i plan on hunting up there this season.
and last year I found my first active October 24, thats pretty early.

--------------------

CyanoFriscosa

InvisibleBobHumboldt
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria in Cali? [Re: Quankus]
    #6110902 - 09/28/06 11:07 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Hey, there...

Amanita Muscaria grow in California. I picked many in Humboldt County (from late October through Christmas). I'm not sure if they are var. formosa, but they are active. (They're not the dark reds that you see in some other areas, in my experience.) Hawk (see below) mentions picking them in Golden Gate Park in SF.

Also, in the Sierra Nevada, the Range of Light, there is a late summer season (mid August to mid September), at least around Huntington Lake around Fresno, at 7,000 feet in elevation.

Historically, their association with mountain thunderstorms in Mediterranean climates such as the mountains in the middle east, and the Range of Light, is why Jesus talks about "Sons of Thunder" in the Bible. Don't look it up, it ain't written down.

Panthers are also common in that area. I picked and ate Amanita Muscaria near the east end of Huntington Lake, California in 1981, when I worked for Uncle Sam in the cold grey hills.

Hawk, the Soma Shaman, at http://redangels.yage.net, has written about gathering them up along the North Coast, and he is probably the most knowledgeable person at this time on Amanita Muscaria. James Arthur, I also believe, but I'm not sure hung out/lived near North Fork (in the Central Sierra Nevada between Fresno and Huntington Lake.)

Finally, Clark Heinrich (right up there with Hawk in his knowledge) lives/lived near Santa Cruz.

So... not only are Amanita Muscaria quite widespread in California, but there are several extremely knowledgable, published authorities that have lived/travelled in the state.

Unfortunately, me and my dumb ass had to move 3,000 miles due east from Humboldt.

Peace,

Soma is the Spirit of God.

Hail, Soma!

Edited by BobHumboldt (09/28/06 11:09 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale