Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinekingofthemtn151
OnlytheILLestsurvive
Loc: N.E F'n PA
male plants???
    #6104311 - 09/26/06 05:35 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i know this is the pub and its a little off topic but i just wanted some help real quik.

I know somebody growin a dank smelling plant, however it seems to have began growing some pollen sacks. . .not pistils. I hear you should just throw males away, but the explanation for that online is always so you dont ruin the females.

so my question is, if you only have 1 plant, and its a male. . .should i keep it? will it produce smokeable product?

--------------------
if growing shrooms was legal itd be my favorite subject in school. . .if only. . .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: male plants??? [Re: kingofthemtn151]
    #6104323 - 09/26/06 05:38 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

no

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
Re: male plants??? [Re: Jim]
    #6104328 - 09/26/06 05:41 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I thought you could make hash from the pollen of a male plant but I dont know shit about cultivation, I just heard it somewhere, so take it with a grain of salt.

You might also want to keep it just as practice if you are not experienced with growing.

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: male plants??? [Re: Jim]
    #6104330 - 09/26/06 05:41 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

yes!

it could be used to make hash and will produce a nice harvest (not nearly as much as a female would but none the less you'd still have something to smoke!)

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Invisiblefailbot999
Re: male plants??? *DELETED* [Re: kingofthemtn151]
    #6104364 - 09/26/06 05:51 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by ski_stoned

Reason for deletion: delete

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: male plants??? [Re: Simisu]
    #6104370 - 09/26/06 05:52 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

you can smoke the male just as it is. if you plan on growing again it might be a good idea to cut off the pollen flowers before they open up or the room might be covered in pollen which could cause seeds in the next harvest. does that make sense? and don't listen to anyone who says that males are useless.

have respect for the plant. use it. don't waste it.

joints made out of leaves are nice because you can smoke them without worrying too much about wasting the smoke. it feels nice to smoke an entire joint of leaves and feel high. it is almost like people don't want to "lower themselves" to the level of smoking leaves. this is just the mind causing suffering. leaves get this one high. you are being ungrateful to the plant when you throw out the leaves.

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
Re: male plants??? [Re: failbot999]
    #6104371 - 09/26/06 05:52 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

:lol: this happens to me every time I ask a question on the shroomery.

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Re: male plants??? [Re: failbot999]
    #6104384 - 09/26/06 05:55 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

supabeav said:
dont bother. it's a waste of time and should you get busted, why get busted for a male plant?

if worried about this just harvest it now... you can smoke the male when it is 3 inches high and get high. not like the female where it is better to wait. but you can smoke females early too

InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: male plants??? [Re: sleepy]
    #6104385 - 09/26/06 05:55 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

sleepy said:
you can smoke the male just as it is.  if you plan on growing again it might be a good idea to cut off the pollen flowers before they open up or the room might be covered in pollen which could cause seeds in the next harvest.  does that make sense?  and don't listen to anyone who says that males are useless.

have respect for the plant.  use it.  don't waste it.

joints made out of leaves are nice because you can smoke them without worrying too much about wasting the smoke.  it feels nice to smoke an entire joint of leaves and feel high.  it is almost like people don't want to "lower themselves" to the level of smoking leaves.  this is just the mind causing suffering.  leaves get this one high.  you are being ungrateful to the plant when you throw out the leaves.

:thumbup:

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
    #6104390 - 09/26/06 05:59 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

sleepy said:
this is just the mind causing suffering.

oh whatever

--------------------

OfflineMushboom
Stranger

Re: male plants??? [Re: domite]
    #6104391 - 09/26/06 05:59 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

domite said:
I thought you could make hash from the pollen of a male plant but I dont know shit about cultivation, I just heard it somewhere, so take it with a grain of salt.

You might also want to keep it just as practice if you are not experienced with growing.

Yes! Make hash with the leaves provided that they have plenty of trichomes on them. Male plants are not desirable to smoke.

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Re: male plants??? [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #6104414 - 09/26/06 06:05 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HELLA_TIGHT said:
Quote:

sleepy said:
this is just the mind causing suffering.

oh whatever

do you want to be better than the leaf of a marijuana plant? the secret is that you are exactly equal. all is super holy and perfect awesome. the man who puts down others to raise up himself only has to to make himself equal and then all are raised up

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #6104451 - 09/26/06 06:17 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

you can make hash from these plants, or extract or tinctures, they are still reported to hold about 20% of the thc levels of the female plants, and can get you high if properly extrcted.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Edited by zippoz (09/26/06 06:18 PM)

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #6104490 - 09/26/06 06:28 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

If you plan on using this same grow area for females in the future I would destroy the male as soon as possible. If you allow it to bloom and release pollen in your grow area you could see sedded crops for a long time.

In my opinion male plants aren't worth smoking, if you disagree fine im not here to agrue with anyone. I just feel that the high, if you get one, usually isn't very good.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinekingofthemtn151
OnlytheILLestsurvive
Re: male plants??? [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #6104850 - 09/26/06 07:47 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

thanks everyone, i guess ima just harvest it now, hang it upside down or what?

--------------------
if growing shrooms was legal itd be my favorite subject in school. . .if only. . .

Offlinekingofthemtn151
OnlytheILLestsurvive
    #6110813 - 09/28/06 10:38 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

alright ya'll said i can still get high of this male waste of time. . .but how. How would i go about making an extract/tincture, or ball of hash. Im not really seeing anything desirable on the plant, is there a certain maturity it must reach before i can do so or what?

--------------------

OfflineShockwave122
Stranger

#6110828 - 09/28/06 10:43 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

make tea :smile:

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #6111143 - 09/28/06 12:08 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

:wtf:

Throw that in the compost pile...the leaves will be harsh to smoke and won't do anything, not even taste good. Don't waste your lungs/time. A "hash" from a male plant would probably yield less than one hit of subpar trichomes, if any.

--------------------

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

#6112222 - 09/28/06 04:50 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

kingofthemtn151 said:
alright ya'll said i can still get high of this male waste of time. . .but how. How would i go about making an extract/tincture, or ball of hash. Im not really seeing anything desirable on the plant, is there a certain maturity it must reach before i can do so or what?

dry the leaves and smoke them you will get high. it doesn't hurt your lungs any more than smoking a few bowls of bud. just smoke a few bowls of leaves old hippies did it all the time in the hippy years. i got high from a male plant pulled in august and it had no visible trichomes, but the leaves looked shiny. dude, its fucking pot do you wanna get high or not? just smoke it and see if it works.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck