Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDrMario
Head-Shrinker
Male User Gallery

A question about PCing
    #6103803 - 09/26/06 03:13 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Hey Gents,

I've just got my Mirro 4qt (small I know, but I don't need a forest of mushrooms) PC and I'm wondering how long it needs to cool before I can remove the jars? I know no innoculating until they're cooled overnight, and I know it takes about an hour for the pressure to naturally go down, but I'm wondering how long it will take until the jars are cool enough to touch and put elsewhere for cooling.

Thanks!
:mariopeace:

--------------------
"Hence in the wise leader's plans, considerations of advantage and of disadvantage will be blended together." -Sun Tzu

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezathan
Buttstuff
 User Gallery
Loc: So long stinktown
Re: A question about PCing [Re: DrMario]
    #6103833 - 09/26/06 03:19 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Bare hands? Probably an hour or so. Also, you don't need to wait an entire hour for the pressure to be released. Normally it takes 10-15 minutes for the whistling to stop and that lets you know the pressure inside has equalized with the outside.

If you need to remove the jars while hot, to either shake grains or store them somewhere else, just use a towel or mitt to pick it up.

OfflineDrMario
Head-Shrinker
Male User Gallery

Re: A question about PCing [Re: zathan]
    #6104295 - 09/26/06 05:31 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

OK I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't explode or something on me :smile:

Yeah I can only fit like 4 or 5 1/2pints in there at a time, and I want to use about 10ish jars, so I don't want to be PCing for a week, lol.

Thanks for the reply Zathan!

--------------------
"Hence in the wise leader's plans, considerations of advantage and of disadvantage will be blended together." -Sun Tzu

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: A question about PCing [Re: DrMario]
    #6104349 - 09/26/06 05:48 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

The best place to cool the jars is inside the PC. I wouldn't recommend opening it until after the jars are cool. Removing them hot can cause the moisture to evaporate from the jars through the verm barrier or other filter. Wait until you can remove the jars with your bare hands.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineDrMario
Head-Shrinker
Male User Gallery

Re: A question about PCing [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6104383 - 09/26/06 05:55 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

KK Thanks RR

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates