Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSolidcell
tolerance++;
Male

Loc: Memphis & 53rd
Are casings in a martha enough to raise the rH to 90 if it's at 82?
    #6103421 - 09/26/06 01:56 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

So basically, I have a martha with a 6 foot long garden hose leading to a coolmist on the floor and entering the martha from the top of the back wall. This keeps the martha at 82% rH, but will this be fine seeing as when I put casings in there, it'll raise the rH a little? Will it raise it enough to get it to 90% (or w/e I should have it at ideally)? If not, then I'll have to include my ultrasonic into the rig (which I'd rather not do because I don't want to have to get a timer that does more specific cycles than on/off once or twice).

--------------------
Psychedelic Jar Project

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." -Voltaire

"Everything that I accepted as being true up to now I acquired from the senses or through the senses. However, I have occasionally found that they deceive me, and it is prudent never to trust those who have deceived us, even if only once." -Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Are casings in a martha enough to raise the rH to 90 if it's at 82? [Re: Solidcell]
    #6103465 - 09/26/06 02:03 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

First and foremost, get the coolmist off the darn floor. 90% of all contaminants in a room are located within 12" of the floor. If you sit your coolmist on the floor, you pump those contaminants into the greenhouse along with the humidity/moisture to make them grow.

Secondly, I'd recommend putting the humidifier inside the greenhouse for best results and longest life. You'll need a timer, so bite the bullet and get one. I run my coolmist 1 minute on, then five to seven minutes off to get humidity into the mid 90's.

Be sure to leave a flap or two open for air exchange.

If you need higher humidity, you can set trays of damp perlite onto all the empty shelf and floor space that you don't have projects sitting on. As you fill up the greenhouse with projects, the humidity will naturally rise. You'll just have to get a good hygrometer and tweak your system until it's right.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineSolidcell
tolerance++;
Male

Loc: Memphis & 53rd
Re: Are casings in a martha enough to raise the rH to 90 if it's at 82? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6103531 - 09/26/06 02:17 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

My martha isn't... normal. I just finihsed building my locakable closet that has a top section and a bottom section. The top one houses the martha, and the bottom one houses the coolmist. The bottom section has a computer fan with a polyfil filter that pumps in outside air for the coolmist. the coolmist then pipes up to the upper section and then into the martha. The martha has all the holes taped up and then a garden hose at the very bottom pipes the exhaust down into the bottom section and into an empty gallon sized jug to collect excess water (if any) before a hose near the bottom of the jug then leads to the back of the closet.

The computer fan takes in air about 1.5 feet above the floor.

I need the CM to be on the outside so that I can get FAE, because the martha isn't in the open air.

--------------------
Psychedelic Jar Project

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." -Voltaire

"Everything that I accepted as being true up to now I acquired from the senses or through the senses. However, I have occasionally found that they deceive me, and it is prudent never to trust those who have deceived us, even if only once." -Descartes

InvisibleCaptain Cubensis
Bleeding HeartLiberal

Re: Are casings in a martha enough to raise the rH to 90 if it's at 82? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #7823268 - 01/02/08 11:16 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
First and foremost, get the coolmist off the darn floor. 90% of all contaminants in a room are located within 12" of the floor. If you sit your coolmist on the floor, you pump those contaminants into the greenhouse along with the humidity/moisture to make them grow.

Secondly, I'd recommend putting the humidifier inside the greenhouse for best results and longest life. You'll need a timer, so bite the bullet and get one. I run my coolmist 1 minute on, then five to seven minutes off to get humidity into the mid 90's.

Be sure to leave a flap or two open for air exchange.

If you need higher humidity, you can set trays of damp perlite onto all the empty shelf and floor space that you don't have projects sitting on. As you fill up the greenhouse with projects, the humidity will naturally rise. You'll just have to get a good hygrometer and tweak your system until it's right.
RR

If a Cool Mist in a 176 quart bin cannot raise the Rh above 92%, does that mean the Cool Mist is a crapper?

Or that there are too many holes?

The Rh outside the FC is about 20%.

InvisibleGlacier Creek
The Chef
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Are casings in a martha enough to raise the rH to 90 if it's at 82? [Re: Solidcell]
    #7823333 - 01/02/08 11:27 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Solidcell said:
So basically, I have a martha with a 6 foot long garden hose leading to a coolmist on the floor and entering the martha from the top of the back wall. This keeps the martha at 82% rH, but will this be fine seeing as when I put casings in there, it'll raise the rH a little? Will it raise it enough to get it to 90% (or w/e I should have it at ideally)? If not, then I'll have to include my ultrasonic into the rig (which I'd rather not do because I don't want to have to get a timer that does more specific cycles than on/off once or twice).

To actually answer your question instead of telling you what to improve in your setup, YES. If you can hold the RH in the martha at 82% then adding a properly hydrated casing layer to your spawn, it will fruit just fine.

--------------------

Google "Earthly Info" to find my mushroom recipes. #1 baby.. yeah...

WARNING: All messages posted under this profile
are actually algorithmicly generated by an AI computer program.  No truth or actual events are being generated, and as a result cannot be investigated for thier validity.  (message 2345433)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds