Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebigshroom
Stranger

So close to harvest...I think...PICS!
    #6103352 - 09/26/06 01:46 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Hey I am posting this outside of my normal growlog in hopes to get more answers. Since this is my first time growing I am not really sure what to expect from here on. Here are some pictures of my mushies. They are doubling in size everyday. They are GT.

Questions:
How long until their caps start to open? (estimate)
How long until its time to harvest? (estimate)
What should I look for as a sign of harvest time/is it bad to wait longer then that/will it cause any problems?
What do I do to harvest, just twist off?

Thanks yall and I can’t wait for this harvest!

--------------------
Everything posted is fake and for fun...

Cheapest Mya Saray Hookahs on the internet. http://www.hookah-nation.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleodium33
_____///
 User Gallery

Loc: mycoland
Re: So close to harvest...I think...PICS! [Re: bigshroom]
    #6103370 - 09/26/06 01:49 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

to harvest:

grab shroom gently at base, twist a little bit and pull up. all there is to it

there caps will probably begin to tear in the next few hours for some of the bigger ones, maybe over night for the smaller ones, its hard to tell

--------------------
----------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: So close to harvest...I think...PICS! [Re: odium33]
    #6103443 - 09/26/06 01:59 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

fromt he looks, probably around a day or two, you'll be ready to harvest. letting veils open completely won't harm anything except a little purple mess. No biggie if you are late. No biggie if you are little early either. To harvest, firm grasp at base, twist and pull. Little damage you do to the cake will heal.

Make sure, when you harvest, you clear all the pins also. Dunk/re-double end case before next flush. You have sufficient growth on the roll you did to recase safely.

grats

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineDrMario
Head-Shrinker
Male User Gallery

Re: So close to harvest...I think...PICS! [Re: Sam1912]
    #6103524 - 09/26/06 02:16 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I've heard that an earlier harvest (before veil tears) provides a more potent mushrooms. But, I haven't experienced it myself, so I can't say either way.

Also, some folks dislike the 'purple mess' of all the spores, which happens pretty quickly after the veils tear. It's up to you really, let them grow and gain some mass, or pull em early and avoid the spores. Of course, if you're gonna print, you wanna wait :smile:

:mariopeace:

--------------------
"Hence in the wise leader's plans, considerations of advantage and of disadvantage will be blended together." -Sun Tzu

Offlinemushnoon
MushNoob
Male User Gallery
Re: So close to harvest...I think...PICS! [Re: bigshroom]
    #6103580 - 09/26/06 02:27 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

nice cake flush. did you do anything other than the typical dunk and roll?

--------------------
I love the feeling when it falls apart. Im slow to finish but im quick to start.

Offlinebigshroom
Stranger

Re: So close to harvest...I think...PICS! [Re: mushnoon]
    #6103798 - 09/26/06 03:12 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Just a Good ol' dunk and roll is all i did. I think the PMP is what is helping my cakes so much.

Awesome idea on getting blazed and watching the veils tear. If they start to break away tonight I'm totally going to do it. I might even video tape it...hmmmm

Ill be trying them out Thursday if all goes well. First experience with homegrown mushies  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Everything posted is fake and for fun...

Cheapest Mya Saray Hookahs on the internet. http://www.hookah-nation.com/

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies